The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Just a Cup - Axel Hecklau (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Wow. He is giving away all this and a full walkaround routine for $163.

That's worth it. I really want to pick it up some time.
John
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of John
Any more reviews on this? I'd be particularly interested in a comparison between what is possible with this and Sean Bogunia and Ron Jaxon's CupWOW. It seems to me that Just a Cup might be more useable in Parlour situations (as is demo'd by Heclau in his video) Any word on the comparative strengths and weaknesses?

John
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
The ad says that it comes with a "clip gimmick" so I would assume you will have to remove/steal the gimmick after the routine to have the cup examined, if so desired.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
hefemexy
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of hefemexy
No that is incorrect, and sometimes we should not give our opioions to something until we are sure. It could sway someone's decision, I own this routine and work with it in my restaurant gig. It is worth the price if you use it, if your just a hobbist then the price may be a stretch for someone. The cup and gimmick can be examined at anytime in the routine with no hidden moves.
Okay, I give up what was your card?

https://www.facebook.com/lionsmagic

Look nothing up my sleeves, but you're not wearing sleeves

https://www.facebook.com/lionsmagic
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
395 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
Axel lectured here in San Antonio about a year ago and this routine KILLED. there was a room of 15 - 20 magicians that are very familiar with chop cups and we didn't have clue how he was doing the things he was doing. he has some great subtleties with this routine. you can hand the cup out anytime you want without anything to worry about.

another killer routine from Axel is his torn and restored newspaper. best I have seen.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
[quote]On 2011-01-11 11:50, hefemexy wrote:
No that is incorrect, and sometimes we should not give our opioions to something until we are sure. It could sway someone's decision, I own this routine and work with it in my restaurant gig. It is worth the price if you use it, if your just a hobbist then the price may be a stretch for someone. The cup and gimmick can be examined at anytime in the routine with no hidden moves.
[/quote

Hefemexy,

Thank you for the clarification. You are correct. I should have phrased my statement differently by perhaps saying that "I wonder if the cup can be examined without removing any gimmicks." I have most of Alex's items and they are all well made. Thank you again for the clarification. I see that it is out of stock and that you should send Alex an email to be notified of when it is available.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Saw this done last night at a magical gathering. The biggest impact is when the cup was on someone's hand and they FELT the dice land on their hand. When done right, this is a great bit. I however would use a styrofoam cup. The leather bit looks a little ren faire for me. (So if you do those, this might be perfect for you.)
Official Thread Killer
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
This is a great routine to perform anywhere,a real worker from a great magician.

-Mano
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
LOL!
You just cut out 90% of all Magic Café posts in one dictum.
James

Quote:
On 2011-01-11 11:50, hefemexy wrote:
No that is incorrect, and sometimes we should not give our opioions to something until we are sure.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Nick Sand
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of Nick Sand
Oh dear Lord, lol hahahahha

Xiqual, your right tho.

Speculation is aloud!!!!

lol

Nick
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Are there any recent reviews of this ? Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
BlueOwl
View Profile
Regular user
Dayton, Ohio
105 Posts

Profile of BlueOwl
Here is a more in-depth overview of "Just a Cup" that Axel uploaded to YouTube. The last minute or so is hilarious Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BMDiZICYa8

~ Nathan
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I purchased this from Axel at this year's Battle of the Magician's in Canton, Ohio. I watched him demo this live at least 6 times before I put out the cash...and I don't regret it for a second. I am NOT a worker, but from what I know of workable and commercial props, this seems to fit the bill. High quality, durability, ease-of-use, but most importantly...it is a routine, and a set of tools that are essentially a canvas for a wide array of possibilities in the realm of chop cup magic.

This is what it boils down to: A LEATHER cup. A DIE, not a ball. And what's left is never seen by the audience...no Sharpie. No finger ring. Nothing to suspect. And, the spectator can handle both the cup and the die at the same time...anytime.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
MagicOzzy
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
118 Posts

Profile of MagicOzzy
Those that own this...can this be adapted to other cups and other items besides a die? Thanks!

Mo
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
You could use a different cup with the die....
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
As obvious as that is Markymark, I never thought of it. You're absolutely right. This can be done impromptu with any cup...and the lucky die. Thanks for that tip!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I like this but wonder if the secret something is easily brought into play and ditched after you finish and brought back in when you next need it?

If its in place all the time will it get in the way of card handling etc?
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
surryhills
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
149 Posts

Profile of surryhills
Any shop that still sells it?
surryhills
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
149 Posts

Profile of surryhills
Axel is selling it again on his site - great service:).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Just a Cup - Axel Hecklau (19 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL