The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Taylor Imagineering presents Bruce Ballon's Death Toll (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Hi guys,

I am here to tell you about a very exciting project my good friend Christopher Taylor is releasing with Bruce Ballon called "Death Toll".

It's a brand new Spirit Bell that looks like an old style hotel bell. What's very cool about it (other than the look of the bell) is that not only does it ring itself but at the same time the plunger on the top of the bell goes down as though visibly rang by an invisible entity which looks very very cool!!! Not only that but the bell can be handled and rung normally at will.

First let me say that while Christopher is my good friend (this is sounding all too familiar I know) I have no financial or creative interest in this product. I did however agree to be in the promo video and help with the direction of said video today.

I was at Christopher's today checking out some of the incredible things going on in the Taylor Imagineering Inner Sanctum and Christopher showed me this new Spirit Bell he is about to release and I was blown away by not only the effect but the look of the bell which by the way was custom manufactured for this effect from the ground up. The entire bell and base were custom made just for Taylor Imagineering so you won't find bells exactly like them anywhere else in the world...how cool is that!

Christopher informed me that he is going to try and release this at Mindvention this year and is working day and night to try and do so. I asked him if he had a promo video for it yet and he said no. Well being the guy that I am I talked him into putting this video together today and I thought you might like to see it. I don't even think he is aware I was going to post this so I may be in trouble, I don't even think he has a price or has it on his website yet. Oh well, you can all take a look and may be pass along your comments here. Hopefully that will spur him on to get it released asap!!!

Enjoy

MJ

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBigvdjTlQQ
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
The video makes me wanna see american history x again..

anyway.. this looks great!
the ideas and stories coming out of this object would be pretty cool
congratulations
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
American History X???? Is that cos of my lack of hair Alex??? I remind you of someone?

Life viewpoint not the same, I can assure you!

MJ
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
D*mn you Christopher and Matt ,Im going to pennyless for the rest of my days.......
E.O.I
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
I had to make a small edit to the trailer so we now have a new YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6J5jxBznZM

I hope there isn't too much confusion about that.

Mark: You aint seen nothin yet Smile

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
s3rg3
View Profile
New user
Belgium
72 Posts

Profile of s3rg3
The Youtube link seems to be a private one...
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Yum yum yummy!!!!
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
For sale: 1 kidney ,gently used.Selling due to genius inventor ........
E.O.I
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
This is a terrible idea!

The union of thoughts between Christopher Taylor and Bruce Ballon is sure to create a rift in the fabric of spacetime.

So when the creatures of the netherverse start popping up all over the place don't say I didn't warn you.

Great job, guys

Dave
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Mark,

Great to see you at the IBM convention man, sorry we did not get more time together (not in that way ;o)

When Christopher says "You ain't seen nothing yet!" you really ain't!!!!

The things I saw yesterday in the Taylor Imagineering Inner Sanctum got my head spinning and NO it was not Christopher naked!!!

There are some incredible things afoot!

Stay tuned,

MJ
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Really good to see you too ( hope the misplaced item was returned ). Had no idea that you were that multi talented ,I mean I knew you were good but Bu8ger me ...tremendous job on the stand ,at the lecture and in the show ...excellent .
MT
E.O.I
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

The trailer's link is now public.

The best thing for me about this bell is its potential as a spectator cueing device. When a participant rests their finger on the bell, and you get them to "relax and allows their intuition to guide them", they WILL NOT KNOW they did not ring the bell themselves! That Dr Spektor is a genius!

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Quote:
On 2010-10-07 04:50, mattjohnson wrote:
American History X???? Is that cos of my lack of hair Alex??? I remind you of someone?

Life viewpoint not the same, I can assure you!
MJ

I know.. Smile
respect
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
I think that an aged bell with the engravings for Tony Chris's Fairmont Hotel would be absolutely wonderful.

I for one, would buy that in a heartbeat.

Would this be possible?

Cheers.
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
John,

Long time no see my friend.

Even though this is not my product (why do I keep doing this if I am not making any money? Must be because of the mind drugs). Anyways, I did suggest the idea to Christopher of engraving the inside of the bell so you can take the dome off and show the inside to be normal while at the same time displaying the engraving inside so you are not openly showing the inside just for the sake of it( I just said inside a lot)

Rather than engraving the bells and making it only work for one effect Christopher and Bruce decided to leave it blank so you can have your own engraving put in which I think is a great idea, its like a blank canvas for everyone's own creative juices.

I do agree with you that this would be KILLER with Tony's "Fairmont Hotel", off the charts me thinks.

So get yourself the coolest spirit bell around, have it engraved and dirty it up a bit, what else are you going to do while watching re-runs of survivor!

MJ
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
NB: in the material that comes with it, I wrote up a few suggestions on what to engrave inside. It ties into classic mentalism and spooky magic - but we figured some people don't want to do that... also, it allows one to consider keeping it more versatile - as it was routined in ways to use it in many contexts. Also, heck, get the base carved... and you can pull a Koran's Medallion effect with this (yes, it is also discussed in the material)... you might want to have different engravings to put inside the bell on little plaques... so it is simple enough to take to an engraver and customize. I know CT and I will be happy to answer and help on his forums.

All I know for sure is - I had a heck of a lot of fun using this as a strolling mystery effect too! You may want to do the Fairmont one day... and the next either the Bates, Overlook, or Hotel California....

Its all about versitility.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

One of the unique things about Bruce's approach to this device is that in his ebook of routines, he has included an honest in-depth comparison of the various features each of the major Spirit Devices on the market offer, including Death Toll. So, besides being a dark genius, he's an honourable guy.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
Hi Gang.

Good to "see" you again too, Matt and Christopher!

Yes, versatility is good for sure.

Since I already perform Tony's "Fairmont" routine, I definitely want one just for that routine alone! My main concern was whether or not it could be engraved, as many desk bells I've looked at have a plastic base which, given the era of the routine, isn't suitable. So I'm assuming this has a metal base?

The aging I can do on my own.

Hmm. I may have to buy 2 - one for OTHER things, and the other dedicated to Tony's
routine. I usually only buy something to fit a specific purpose.

The effect looks absolutely wonderful. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these!

Cheers.
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
The Bells! The Bells! They made me deaf you know. Esmeralda can you hear me???

Okay it's just one bell, but what a bell! I too have experienced the ghostly ring of the bell and can confirm everything that Matt says.

It's a marvelous prop (or maybe it is real?)the audience will never know. When Christopher showed me this ghostly item and invited me to hold my hand at least 2 inches over the plunger, I wasn't quite sure what to expect.

He told me to relax, breathe deeply and let the energy flow from my extended fingers to the bell and focus. (Uh, okay, so? Some weird martial arts thing?)

Then DING! I NEVER TOUCHED IT AND NEITHER DID HE!. Then I figured it out. IT MUST HAVE BEEN ME! I HAVE THE POWER!HALLELUJAH! (at least that's how it seemed).

Whenever he releases this, look out for new religions springing up. After all, a ghostly bell like this may be all it takes to gain a few converts.

An absolute marvel from a couple of marvelous minds.

Get your order now. Email Christopher or better still, just give him a ring (as they say in the UK)

(BTW Matt. I know you have a few tattoos, but don't you think you should draw the line at engraving your bells? Just a thought.)

Gerry
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
You could have told me that earlier Gerry, its too late to un-engrave my bell now.! Still, at least I can hold off on the piercing ;o)

Will have to call Christopher quick because he was going to engrave his bell too, don't know if his wife knows....hehehehe

MJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Taylor Imagineering presents Bruce Ballon's Death Toll (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL