The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Joseffy's Rapping Hand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

veegates
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of veegates
Hi,
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or on the mentalism page. I am looking for any information of Joseffy's Rapping Hand. I know it had a mechanism of some form in the wrist, but I wondered if it was for effect or if it actually operated the hand in some way.
If anyone know where I might get any info, it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks to all!
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Republic of Texas
1340 Posts

Profile of RCP
Backgorund you may already have.

http://www.miraclefactory.net/mpt/view.p......articles

House of Mystery may offer a clue!

"I know it had a mechanism of some form in the wrist"

How do you know that? Source? Speculation?
A vivid imagination is not enlightenment.

Don't part with your illusions..when they are gone you may still exist....but you have ceased to live.
veegates
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of veegates
Thank you RCP,
Somewhere and sometime ago.. I remember seeing a photo. It was credited to Joseffy, but it possibly could have been Hofzinser. I know of an Illusionist who went by the name Cazenueve who did perform with a mechanical rapping hand. I believe Cazenueve was performing in the late 1800's. It has always intrigued me and I was just trying to learn a little of the history. After reading the article in The Magic Factory which describes Joseffys' hand. I would guess his would have been performed by standard methods.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Republic of Texas
1340 Posts

Profile of RCP
See House of Mystery. Joseffy was known to stretch the truth and led others astray with false stories. There are a number of rapping hand methods. It's a beautiful effect in the right setting.
A vivid imagination is not enlightenment.

Don't part with your illusions..when they are gone you may still exist....but you have ceased to live.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5483 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I did not even know hands could rap...

Will wonders never cease...

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Joseffy's Rapping Hand (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.078555 seconds, requiring 24 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [2] [0] [3] [2] [1] [2] [4] [0]