The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ran Pink releases his TACTILIS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4201 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
TACTILIS is a 3-phase business card thing in which the performer and the spectator share Higher Mental Abilities. The Performer has written something on the back of his Biz Card. A second biz-card is introduced and the two mixed, yet the Spectator is correct when guessing which card has writing on it.

Phase 2 will be astonishing to the spectator. Using their own psychic abilities, the spectator mentally divines WHAT word or image is on the card!

For the 3rd phase, the spectator writes a name or object on the back of the 2nd card, the Mentalist mixes the cards, and while holding them out in the open, he immediately divines what has been written.

No CT's, Imps, etc. You use a pen and Biz-cards.

It's strong, easy, and the price is right...$10.00 downloads the 5 page eBook from

http://www.worldwidemagic.com/

I'm thinking this one will be a popular piece for working pro's and for a table full of happy bar crowd, this is a natural.

I won't mention the intense one-to-one connection to the bar Hottie this one could create...misusing your Mentalism tools like that would be frowned upon by...somebody somewhere, I'm sure.

Anyway, I predict you'll like it.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1037 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
This is a steal for $10!

A great routine and easy to learn and perform!

Quote:

I won't mention the intense one-to-one connection to the bar Hottie this one could create...misusing your Mentalism tools like that would be frowned upon by...somebody somewhere, I'm sure.

Full disclosure notice: The above is a bonus effect not included in the PDF!!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
3759 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Would this work with blank facers? I still need to make my own biz cards.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2071 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Great thinking and wonderful value for money.

Benny
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4201 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Blank faced Business Cards? Yes.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
3759 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I meant blank faced bike cards, sorry Smile
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4201 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I'd think you'd want to stick with Business Cards. Just get Vistaprint to do up 250 cards for $3 or whatever they charge.
KiKi
View Profile
Special user
GERMANY/ Hannover
945 Posts

Profile of KiKi
How angle proof is it?
kiki
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
912 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Trust me do not go with Vista print! Google " Vista print scam" and you will see why.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
3759 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Yeah I ordered it and there are a lot of negatives, more negatives because people got caught up in accidentally getting signing up for something or taking the 10 dollar cash back option. I didn't do these so I will let everyone know if it works out.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4201 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I was unaware of Vistaprint using bad biz practices, so never mind that reccomend. Use your local printer, who needs the bucks.

Back to the topic at hand...
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
249 Posts

Profile of ranpink
Ben, Paul and Tom,
Thanks for the kind words. I'm very proud of this little gem. I am happy that you found value in this manuscript.

Ran
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
824 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
A gem indeed. I love effects that allow the participant to walk away with a souvenir and specifically your business card. Moreover, they also get to participate in the routine, making the experience even more special.

A lovely piece, clever thinking and a great buy.

Gerry
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn

www.MindEffex.com

Member P. E. A.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
Orions belt
4923 Posts

Profile of Roth
I love stuff like this! I'm a business card (impromptue guy) guy and Ran has a great little effect here for on the spot mentalism.

Like they said, you will dig this and at 10 bucks it's a great value.

-Rick
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
Orions belt
4923 Posts

Profile of Roth
I forgot to mention Ran did this for me the other day and I was baffled. This effect has one of the most devious peeks I've seen.

I was like "wait a sec, how did you get the peek?" I was right in front of him and had no idea.
KiKi
View Profile
Special user
GERMANY/ Hannover
945 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Yes, the peek is freaky, but just makes sense within the routine!
kiki
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
1962 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Wow, is this great! And what a steal for $10. Combines a couple of my favorite principles with some brand new ones (soon to become classic) for a tour-de-force presentation. I'll be performing this a LOT. Bravo, Ran!
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
249 Posts

Profile of ranpink
Thanks Gerry, Rick, Kiki and Gabe.

Your comments mean a lot to me and I'm thrilled people are enjoying this. I showed it around to fellow mentalists at Mindvention and received some excellent feedback.

Ran
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
981 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
I agree with all that is said above. I am big on giving the spectators something to remember you buy and this definitely fits the bill. Nice job, Ran!

Regards,
Max
"The One" is here!
Max's Magic Shop is now open for business! Come experience a whole new way to buy your magic.
Follow the shop on twitter @maxsmagicshop
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2692 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
A literal "steal" at 10$...very nice, Ran!

Nathan
Be bold. Be better.
nornando
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of nornando
Agree with all the above and, unlike some , the download is a breeze!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
2549 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Very slick. I didn't see this one coming.Fits in your pocket, 2 business cards which end up in specs hand at end, easy enough to execute, what a winner!Its nice to immediately be able to use an effect like this,just as advertised.
Why call it common sense when it's so rare ?
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
249 Posts

Profile of ranpink
Thanks Max, Nathan, nornando and Rizzo! Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts.

Ran
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

antonuccio
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
129 Posts

Profile of antonuccio
I'm sorry to say that, but I don't like it.
The principles involved are known (well credited, by the way), and I was looking for something new (and better).
The routining is good, but not earthshaking.
The second step "Then they try to sense what’s written. They succeed" is not 100% true.

All in all, an honest routine and a perfect contribution for a magic magazine, or a book.
Not for a stand-alone ebook. $2 at a page is too much, in my opinion.
andrea
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
2811 Posts

Profile of RNK
Just read the PDF. I will definately use this. I LOVE the peek, so nice. Though, I to do not see how the spec can sense what is written and be 100% correct. I guess if using the geometric shapes- this may be possible for them to guess what they are, but I can't see 100% correct. Though, even with this step ommitted this is still a very nice routine and a great way to get your card in the specs hands.

RNK
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
249 Posts

Profile of ranpink
It's true. The participant's will not always succeed, but that just proves that what you are about to accomplish is not an easy feat. You are the mindreader showing the participant the process of reading a thought using a psychometric process. It's ok if they don't get it right the first time...It's natural. The odds are in your favor that they will sense the correct image and then the premise shifts to become about a connection between the participant and the mentalist, which makes it possible for you to get their thought.

Ran
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

antonuccio
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
129 Posts

Profile of antonuccio
Quote:
On 2011-11-23 20:30, ranpink wrote:
It's true. The participant's will not always succeed, but that just proves that what you are about to accomplish is not an easy feat. You are the mindreader showing the participant the process of reading a thought using a psychometric process. It's ok if they don't get it right the first time...It's natural. The odds are in your favor that they will sense the correct image and then the premise shifts to become about a connection between the participant and the mentalist, which makes it possible for you to get their thought.

Ran

I like that way of thinking, for it makes what you are doing more believable.
What I really don't like is the peek, too "vulnerable" in a strolling situation.
I repeat: it would have been a great contribution for a book, but it's weak as a stand alone item.
My opinion, of course. But it's a buyer's opinion...

andrea
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
11948 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Antonuccio - surely its more fair to say then, that you feel it isn't suitable for "strolling mentalism"?

and as it doesn't mention "strolling mentalism" on the blurb for it...well..

I'm not having a go - just think when we critique work, we have to be honest and open as to what scenarios we have performed it under to make our reviews and comments fair...*said with a smile as I don't do emoticons*
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5205 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Antonuccio, maybe you will want to stay away from PTERODACTYL then.

It's the same lousy kind of Ran's thinking! Smile

For the others... STAY TUNED! Smile
I suggest you to read... DIRECTIONAL MIND PATHS - Vol.1: Beyond The Veil Of Maya and also to read DANGEROUS - XXI Century Dual Reality Techniques
antonuccio
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
129 Posts

Profile of antonuccio
Iain:
Thanks for your reply. The ad is misleading only for the second phase, where the spectator is in charge of divining the performer's drawing. But this is not disturbing, for me. What I really find impractical, not only in a strolling situation but also in a one-to-one situation, is the peek. Apart from the fact that it's nothing new under the sun (and it's correctly credited to Banachek, btw), I feel that the "move" happens at the wrong moment, when the spectator is looking at your hands.

Paolo:
I'm sorry, but you probably misunderstood my statement (or I haven't been able to explain my point, as english is not my native language). I said that for the second part I'm not concerned about the spectator's failure. I said that I LIKE that way of thinking... it's not lousy, or wrong. But sure, the ad was different, and I hope that Ran will change it accordingly. I don't like the peek, and I'm working to change the "move", or the "moment".

Hope to hear from both of you soon.
Best,
andrea
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ran Pink releases his TACTILIS (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.301818 seconds, requiring 110 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [6] [6] [9] [5] [3] [6] [8] [2]