The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ghost Cabinet (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Thank you guys for all your help on this!!!

The Astro Ball effect has always intrigued me...I checked the web for some different versions of it (there is also a Dave Powell version on the market).

Finally I didn't buy the Ghost Cabinet version, because I found this other uncommon version in an auction and I didn't resist to buy it (at a great price).

What I like about it is the middle wall that in my opinion enhances the effect...it's called Devil's Cabinet...check it:

http://www.youtube.com/user/cormatches?f......TTHpcaYY
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Does the Ghost Cabinet use the same method as Stewart James Sefalaljia?
powerwords
View Profile
New user
Indonesia
73 Posts

Profile of powerwords
I think I've seen the concept of this somewhere in "practical mental magic" Ted annemann

is it the same? or better?
BE GOOD, if you can't then BE CAREFUL, if it's hard then BE BAD!!!
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
The Stewart James version is simple to do. With all the "new" effects coming out these days I am curious if this is the same method or something completely different.
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
While I love an attractive apparatus as much as the next guy, this effect is far more effective if you use a carboard box or shoe box. Whereas I've heard all manners of theories from an audience pertaining to how this works, all such theorizing goes out the door when using a simple box.
Even less known as David Kidd

Baltimore, Md. Curator of

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I just ordered this from Penguin Magic and I'm looking forward to it. I've wanted this effect for some time now and glad G & L made this version at a great price.

Good magic to all,

Eric
goodingda
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of goodingda
The Ghost Cabinet (Astro Ball Cabinet) is one of the best tricks ever! Can't figure out why they are so hard to find. I noticed the one you bought is already sold out!
BizarreRich
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of BizarreRich
I also decided to buy this. At the price it was hard to resist. I am certainly happy with the cabinet but my expectations weren't that high. It certainly works and it looks OK. My intention is to try it out and see the reactions I can achieve with it and if all goes well I may create my own using an antique cabinet.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Mine arrived last night and I'm very very pleased. I thought I would have to do something after each performance and was thrilled to find this version is self contained. I'm still in shock this was so inexpensive for what you receive. As far as making this look older...with a file and some sand paper it would not take too much effort to achieve this. I'm very very happy with this purchase and I highly recommend this. Also the free magic mag from Penguin Magic is a very nice read with nice magic effects to consider...also a nice compact size as well.

Good magic to all,

Eric
goodingda
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of goodingda
The great thing about this trick is that you want it to look like an old box someone built in their garage. Years ago, I had a Milson-Worth and everyone suspected it was gimmicked because I looks like a magic prop!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

The one I received looks the part. I know what you are saying about the Milson-Worth version. But this one is a simple box and is just rustic enough to fit the part.

Good magic to all,

Eric
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Those interested may want to check out this from Abbotts.

https://abbottmagic.com/Ghost-Cabinet-Timko-24956.htm
goodingda
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of goodingda
Something else that's great about this trick is the unique principle involved. As far as I know, there is no other trick that works like this. This is one of those effects where you either know how it works or you don't. There's no middle ground.
malibujoey
View Profile
New user
United States
6 Posts

Profile of malibujoey
Well. How does it work? thread We're all magicians here.
malibujoey
View Profile
New user
United States
6 Posts

Profile of malibujoey
So I found out how it works and bought the Milson Worth Astro Ball. How much helium do you need for the ball?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ghost Cabinet (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL