We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Metal by Eric Jones (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5203 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2010-10-27 02:28, J-Mac wrote:
Can't wait for this one to hit the other magic shops. (I don’t buy anything from Ellusionist - boned me big time once...)

Anything by Eric is about the closest you will ever come to a sure thing! Smile

Thanks!

Jim

Just thought I would mention that Jason of Ellusionist sent me a PM and is working with me, which is certainly a welcome gesture and I do appreciate his efforts.

My problems there started way back in 2007 and weren't resolved after two years of trying when I gave up altogether. It was difficult to get anyone's attention there - until this week. I give Jason a lot of credit for stepping up.

Thank you.

Jim
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5203 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2010-10-27 12:50, Eric Jones wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-27 02:28, J-Mac wrote:
Can't wait for this one to hit the other magic shops. (I don’t buy anything from Ellusionist - boned me big time once...)

Anything by Eric is about the closest you will ever come to a sure thing! Smile

Thanks!

Jim

The only downside to this Jim, is that you probably won't see this in many magic shops. Ellusionist typically doesn't wholesale to other magic shops from what I understand. The only two places to purchase this, are through me and through Ellusionist.

Oh, it will be in more shops than that unless this is a special "exclusive forever" deal, Eric - which I hope you wouldn’t do as it would definitely limit sales. Note that Ponta's Sick DVD is now available in many magic shops.

Thanks!

Jim
Jason Brumbalow
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Jason Brumbalow
Metal will be available for worldwide wholesale on Nov 15th. Just contact Jennifer at wholesale[at]ellusionist.com and she'll take care of anything you need or questions that you may have. I'm always an email away as well at jason[at]ellusionist.com

Jim, glad that we got a chance to right our wrong. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity.

Hope everyone has a fun Halloween.
Jason Brumbalow

Director of Product Development, Murphy's Magic

jasonb[at]murphysmagic.com
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Has anyone had trouble with the download link not working?

Kind regards
Sean
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Right click your mouse, prompt box opens. choose Save target as. It will start downloading. I'm not sure if that's your problem, but at first I kept left clicking, until I tried right clicking. I was able to "save target as".
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Thanks Dan. Problem solved. My order was listed as pending in the status section on the download page. It's changed to available now and I'm downloading right now. Yipee!!
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Any info on the winners for the walkin liberty coins>?

-ALex
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
The winners have been announced on the E blog. I'd post the names here, but I think it's only fair to jump over there to see the winners.

I didn't win. And, if you are wondering if you won...check out http://blog.ellusionist.com/
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Darn! WANTED THEM. hahaha oh well.

-Alex
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2338 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
To save someone else some time:

List of Walking Liberty Coins Winners

1) Rick Neal - Winnipeg, Canada
2) Clay Cantrell - Richland Hills, TX
3) Billy Scott - Virginia Beach, VA
4) Chris Lee - San Gabriel, CA
5) Roman Mizack - Philadelphia, PA
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
tvellalott
View Profile
New user
melbourne, australia
54 Posts

Profile of tvellalott
I didn't win either. Smile

Even though I knew a lot of the material already going into this dvd, there were lots of bits that I didn't actually have video instruction on, which combined with my books makes for much more powerful learning as well as lots of little bits that I had never heard of.
I must have read the description for the Bluff Vanish a hundred times in Bobos and never actually considered it. Seeing it performed and explained was very eye-opening. I'm putting it into my regular cycle of impromptu tricks. It think it's a great opener.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2338 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Two thumbs up for this DVD! Everyone will learn something on this offering. I enjoyed watching his routines and subtleties. There were some slight crediting issues.

The customer service with Ellusionist is exceptional. My DVD had some defective footage but they're sending me another copy ASAP.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Nom de Guerre
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Nom de Guerre
I just bought Metal, and watched it for the first time. It's packed with great instruction of the fundamentals which is perfect for someone like me just starting out. Eric's explanations and demonstrations are very clear and concise, and he really conveys the important points of a given technique beautifully. I think this video is an instant classic that anyone with serious intentions of learning or improving their coin magic should own and learn from... especially beginners.

Coming from someone just beginning the journey of becoming a magician, I believe this is a really great era to learn magic with all the available media for one to study. I love books as a key method for the imparting of knowledge, and cherish the classic tomes I have that I am currently learning from, but the availability of high quality videos to augment the books is invaluable to me.

I'm a cinematographer by profession, and I have to say that Metal is a well produced, high quality video which utilizes multiple camera angles and plenty of close ups to show the methods Eric teaches. With a running time just shy of 2 hours, you really get your money's worth. In fact, I'd say more than that, it's actually a bargain, especially considering the quality of instruction and production value it contains compared to many of the video products on the market.

5 out of 5 stars!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6853 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I just met Eric this past weekend. Didn't get a chance to see much of his stuff as I was very busy but I have to say that from what I saw I was highly impressed!

He has a smoothness that I so envey in other magicians. I wish I had half of his grace. Cool guy as well. I have no doubt that this dvd is terrific.
Two tricks for one low price! "Production Value" available now. http://cameronfrancismagic.com/production-value.html
Magic Alaskan
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Magic Alaskan
Eric:

I don't see Metal listed on your internet site? Is Ellusionist the only option to purchase online?
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1046 Posts

Profile of NFW
Jason can you confirm shipping costs of the DVD to the UK?

Regards

Dave
smurf
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of smurf
Eric got a bone to pick with you ! what do you think ur doing! come on please please stop doing this to me ! Another gr8 piece of material M8 ,shes already getting divorce papers drawn up I'm never gonna see her now trying to get these moves down ha . Honestly tho iknow a lot of the moves but its praticeing the silky ness of how you do it which is gonna take time . thanks again eric good stuff! ps anyone got a spare room going !ha
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
As far as DVD projects, there have been some great coin projects. David Roth of course and Mike Ammar's DVD has been a favorite of mine.

Eric's METAL is by far my favorite. His attention to detail and of course his smooth execution of the sleights makes it inspiring to watch and learn from him.

ANOTHER winning Eric Jones project!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
inaciolino
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of inaciolino
I have some of the Eric Jones DVDs and I can asure that they are very good. I'll buy this one too. See you!!!
Bill Wood
View Profile
New user
This Troll only has
74 Posts

Profile of Bill Wood
This DVD is amazing. It's like a streamline hip version of Bobo's. I've been doing coin magic long enough to have developed some bad habits. Watching metal let me see how perfect some simple moves can look and how much more convincing they can be when done right. Watching Eric Jones is like watching a finger Ballerina. Seriously a Ballerina with fingers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Metal by Eric Jones (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL