The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Steve Forte Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
elie brown
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of elie brown
Hello Folks,

Does anyone on the forum knows where is explained the Steve Forte Four Aces Production that is demonstrated by David Williamson at the end of this video. I know it is explained somewhere but I don't remember where :-(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brf5e49htx4

Thanks a lot
DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
759 Posts

Profile of DaveM
Well, that sure caught my attention. That was fantastic.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Is this the same thread abut that production or was there another? I thought I saw one that had some more responses but I can't find it now. Did anyone ever list a source for it? Thanks.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Where does it say that Forte has anything to do with this? That "spring" move doesn't seem like something Forte would do, although the comments on youtube make it seem as though that move is on the GPS..
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4588 Posts

Profile of silverking
How they deduced this springy ace reveal to be a Forte move is forever hidden in those tiny YouTube minds.

It seems, reading some of the YouTube comments, that a few of the posters thought it was Forte in the video.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
I believe at the very end Williamson says "It's not mine. It's Steve Fortes."

Listen closely, I may have misheard it myself.
Remotea
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Remotea
Quote:
On 2010-10-28 13:42, kcg5 wrote:
Where does it say that Forte has anything to do with this? That "spring" move doesn't seem like something Forte would do, although the comments on youtube make it seem as though that move is on the GPS..

At the end of the clip you can here Williamson say,"Nah, that`s not mine, It`s not mine, Steve Forte."

*edit* Marlin1894 got there first.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
I still think there was another thread, that was started yesterday or the day before, where some references were given.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4588 Posts

Profile of silverking
Good catch Marlin........he's definitely saying "Steve", but is he saying "Forte" for the surname?.......I'm not hearing it as Forte, but then I'm half deaf.

In truth, this is how Forte's tricks have generally been introduced to the general public.....through other magicians.
Swain, Malone, Piacante.......all have Forte material on their DVD's.

There are some folks regularly on the Café who would know for sure......perhaps they'll comment.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
I think he did say that but it is very hard to hear. I don't know if it's new or old because I don't have all that much, especially in print, that is credited to Forte. I like the move a lot I must say.

I swear there was another thread. And there were some references, maybe to other ways of doing it, or they cleared up the orgins of it. I just skimmed it ever so briefly and when I came back today to look further I couldn't find anything. I don't know if I imagined it or what.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Also, the first reference to Forte in the comments is from the person who posted the video.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4588 Posts

Profile of silverking
In terms of straight-up "magic".....to my knowledge there is very little (or no) Forte material in print.
(it's on the artist DVDs mentioned above, and a trick or two on the DVD re-issue of GPS....but GPS of course has no teaching on it).

Forte's publicly available published works are primarily the ultra-rare Advantage Play, the scarce Read the Dealer, and the two hardcover Game Protection books.

Anything in print beyond that would be lecture notes....more likely to be on game protection rather than card magic.

If anybody has SF lecture notes on card magic.....tell us all about them (and hold on to them), they'll likely pay for your retirement Smile
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4588 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
On 2010-10-28 14:25, Marlin1894 wrote:
Also, the first reference to Forte in the comments is from the person who posted the video.

This Geoluck fellow on YouTube seems convinced it's a Forte move, although I don't recall seeing it on GPS......A set of DVD's I've watched many dozens of times.

There's literally thousands of moves demonstrated on GPS.......so it could be tucked in there somewhere.

We have a mystery.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2010-10-28 14:32, silverking wrote:
Anything in print beyond that would be lecture notes....more likely to be on game protection rather than card magic.

I hear ya. I was referring more to the stuff that has been used by other people. Like Jim Swain, or Sal, or Bill Malone, that would appear in their materials but credited to Forte as you mentioned before.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4588 Posts

Profile of silverking
There's no good Forte material on those DVD's folks........absolutely no need for anybody to investigate further Smile
RogueMD
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of RogueMD
Springing the Aces by Steve Forte

Channel One, issue 6

Michael
Justin W
View Profile
Special user
Lawrence, KS
929 Posts

Profile of Justin W
Well then.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
You da man RougeMD. Thanks.

You wouldn't happen to have a spare copy of that lying around would you RougeMD?
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4588 Posts

Profile of silverking
Mystery solved.....thanks Michael.

Channel One
Volume II
Issue #6
December, 2000
(out of print)

Beginners Corner with Steve Forte: "Springing the Aces".

(Because I wasn't referencing magazines in my "published works" comment above, I should also add for all the Forte fans who subscribe to Genii, you can use your new iGenii access to find the March 2006 issue, where you'll find the One Shuffle Stack by Steve Forte......somewhat hidden with the author being R. Paul Wilson.)
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
The wonders never cease.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
elie brown
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of elie brown
Thank you so much Michael.

I knew it was published somewhere.
ASW
View Profile
Inner circle
1815 Posts

Profile of ASW
First published in the early nineties in Gary Norsigian's lecture notes. It's definitely a Steve Forte item.
Whenever I find myself gripping anything too tightly I just ask myself "How would Guy Hollingworth hold this?"

A magician on the Genii Forum

"I would respect VIPs if they respect history."

Hideo Kato
Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
Quote:
On 2010-10-28 14:50, Marlin1894 wrote:
You da man RougeMD. Thanks.

You wouldn't happen to have a spare copy of that lying around would you RougeMD?

The man gives you the answer and you call him RougeMD instead of Rogue?
The nerve of some people Smile
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1099 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Dave clearly says Steve Forte at the end, but the riddle was already solved, obviously. More importantly, this is now available as a download at Dan and Dave's site.
It's all in the reflexes.
Bobbert
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
152 Posts

Profile of Bobbert
Now being Sold at the DBsquared website, its called... Spring St. Aces
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
381 Posts

Profile of Vincero
The spring is impressive, but some of those productions at the beginning are beautiful. Of particular interest: the pop out move. Aby references for that?

Thanks,

Zac
"Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell; And in the lowest deep a lower deep
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide, To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n" -John Milton, (Paradise Lost)
Opine Traveler
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of Opine Traveler
The pop-out at :34 and again at 1:10 is Ken Krenzel's.
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
381 Posts

Profile of Vincero
Thanks Opine! What a gorgeous move. Can it be found in "The Card Classics of Ken Krenzel"?
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide, To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n" -John Milton, (Paradise Lost)
Opine Traveler
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of Opine Traveler
Vincero,

I don't think so. I'm not sure where it was published, but I believe it was part of a routine with several phases called "Poltergeist" or something similar. Williamson didn't highlight it, but the first part of the move causes half the deck to mysteriously levitate and then the selection pops out, getting trapped between the halves. Larry Jennings also demoed the move at the front of one of his videos from the '80's, but doesn't explain it or talk about it elsewhere on the tape. At the time he did this, I don't think the move was published.
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
381 Posts

Profile of Vincero
Hmmmm interesting. Any more info on this would be greatly appreciated. Maybe it just hasn't been put in print.

Thanks,

Zac
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Steve Forte Trick (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.256171 seconds, requiring 84 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [9] [4] [6] [2] [7] [6] [3]