The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Best effects with a memorized deck (39 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Anyone know about Joe Riding’s memorized deck effect? Thank you.
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
At the beginning of this thread, some people said that this is their favorite Memdeck routine. But follow ups by Turk and I have yielded nothing. Does anyone know what Joe Riding’s effect was? Cheers!
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
I know a lot about Joe Riding's mem deck (which he primarily used to raise money at charity events).

What exactly do you need to know fella?
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Clearly not a lot.
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
JBSmith1978
View Profile
Veteran user
NY
389 Posts

Profile of JBSmith1978
I'm interested in the Riding routine as well. Maybe one of his friends can bury it print for us.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
I'm not aware either of any published mem deck routine by Joe Riding (which of course doesn't mean anything). Merc Man, one thing many here would like to learn is where (if so?) his mem deck routines were published.
Otherwise, can you describe what made them special?
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
We all would love to know Mercman.

BTW, I somerimes only get to check the magic Café occasionally. That doesn’t mean I wasn’t very tinterested in your thoughts.

Thank you.
tjackson8685
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of tjackson8685
After seeing Pit Hartling perform I picked up his book "In Order". I have not yet memorized a deck but I thought his work and lecture were so good I bought the book anyways! Love his Sherlock effect.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Only just revisited this thread. I wish people would have PM'd me at the time - they may have then received a timely response, instead of 6 years later!

Anyway, to answer the question(s) above.

Joe Riding outlined his Memorised Deck(s) Method (and routining) within Level 8 of his 'Close-up Magic Course' in 1996.
Barry Allen

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2024, Merc Man wrote:
Only just revisited this thread. I wish people would have PM'd me at the time - they may have then received a timely response, instead of 6 years later!

Anyway, to answer the question(s) above.

Joe Riding outlined his Memorised Deck(s) Method (and routining) within Level 8 of his 'Close-up Magic Course' in 1996.

I would say that will be hard to find. It is too bad some of his memorized routines may be lost to the magic community.
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
321 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
For me personally, I find Simon Aronson's Two Beginnings to be the absolute best. This is actually the first memorized deck routine I learned when I first began 13 years ago, and I never stopped. It's quick and effective, and don't need a table. You can keep the deck in your own hands, and the presentation is straight to the point. Never fails to impress people! Great for couples too!

Card Calling(mem deck not necessary) and Birthday Book have been very valuable to me too.
JuanPoop
View Profile
Loyal user
Luckily for you, I only have
216 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
I mess around with a lot of mem-deck tricks, but the ones I seem to keep coming back to are these:
- Barrie Richardson's ACAAN with stack
- Simon Aronson - Invisible Card, Two Beginnings, Histed Heisted and Everybody's Lazy
- Darwin Ortiz - Test Your Luck and Zen Master
- Dani daOrtiz - Or Not!
- Looch - Intuitive Aii
- Bill Malone - Hands Off - Memory Test
- Ben Earl - Ramjollock
aka Lucky John
Sydney, Australia
JuanPoop
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I should have added Matt Baker to the list above - particularly Card College, Triple Fried and Casablanca.

Some of the tricks outlined are similar to others on the list, so I like to switch between them to keep it interesting.

For example Hands Off - Memory Test, Card College, Everybody's Lazy and Intuitive Aii have some similarities, but switching between them keeps them all fresh. Also comes in handy for a "show me again" or "show me another" occasion.
aka Lucky John
Sydney, Australia
AlxRosekoski
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of AlxRosekoski
I can’t put the link here right now, but if you search “the trick that fooled shin lim” on Oscar Owen’s channel it should come right up
JuanPoop
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2024, AlxRosekoski wrote:
I can’t put the link here right now, but if you search “the trick that fooled shin lim” on Oscar Owen’s channel it should come right up

Here you go . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TF_Ixz2zjo&t=2s

This trick definitely uses a full deck stack, but Oscar doesn't use a mem-deck. Do you use a mem-deck for it?
aka Lucky John
Sydney, Australia
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Best effects with a memorized deck (39 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL