The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Hands off FORCE! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Hi,
what are your favourite, most convincing `hands off´ card forces?
gimmicks are allowed, but no gimmicked deck!
kiki
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
A Br*****R.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Balducci "Cut Deeper"; Perfect Force using a DB.
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Yes, both are good.
with the " cut deeper" and DB, I have the fear, when the spectator handles the cards, that the r......d card will flash. I find the original version, with the 2 cuts equal in effectiveness for laypeople.
kiki
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Hello Kiki

I have several versions of handling the cut deeper force where the scritpting fully justifes the handling and from those who have used the "clairvoyant card" effect have not had any issues with layman based on feedback I received .

PM your email address and can send you a copy of the effect

Andy
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
The principle in the K Fulves "gemini trick" can be used to force a card rather than as a matchting effect . Card to force 6H - Top card of deck a 6 ,bottom card of deck any heart . Yuou riffle shuffle cards keeping top and bottom cards in place. Hand the deck to the spectator . He is asked to deal cards onto the table in a facedown pile and stop anytime he likes .

The last card dealt is turned face up to mark that point of the deal . Rest of deck dropped onto . He deals again , stopping any time he likes and marks the point turning the card face up . Balance of deck dropped on top .

Deck spread on table and spectator removes the face up card and the facedown one above it. The facedown card is used to create the value of an imaginary card .
The other face up card is removed and the facedown card above it. This faced down card is the suit .

An imaginary card has been created and has been forced without the performer touching the deck .

The breather crimp is the most direct but their is a risk of failure if using a normal deck.

A one way force deck is great if you can switch it in at the right time or a Svengali deck ..

THe nature of the effect, venue and audience determines more which approach is best suited.

Andy
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
This is a small point, but I think you guys are talking about two different things when you mention the Cut Deeper Force and the DB. The actions that the spectator carries out are similar, but for the DB force they only cut once, right? I think this goes back to Hofsinzer, but I could be wrong.

By the way, the DB card can be used as a killer key card concept using a similar action as well. Have the spectator cut the deck and turn the packet over. They look at the card on the face (free selection) and turn the face up cards face down.

Caleb
http://www.CalebWilesMagic.com
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Caleb ,

Why use the DB as the key card ? Why not just have the top card of the deck.
Performer cuts small pile off, turns face up on deck to show spectator what to do.
They cut off a larger packet turn face up on deck , take off the face up packet, mix it and look at face card , then drop packet facedown on rest of deck . Chosen card next to orignal top card which is the key card. No need to remove the gaff card later .

Andy
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
You're right, Andy. That's another great approach. I guess the benefit of using the DB would be that the cards need only be cut once.

Caleb
http://www.CalebWilesMagic.com
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Caleb, That is correct. I believe I learned "The Perfect Force" in the ENCYCLOPEDIA OF CARD TRICKS. John
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Quote:
On 2010-11-09 09:22, a brown 1968 wrote:
Caleb ,

Why use the DB as the key card ? Why not just have the top card of the deck.
Performer cuts small pile off, turns face up on deck to show spectator what to do.
They cut off a larger packet turn face up on deck , take off the face up packet, mix it and look at face card , then drop packet facedown on rest of deck . Chosen card next to orignal top card which is the key card. No need to remove the gaff card later .

Andy

I just read an effect (e-book) from Andy using the Cut Deeper Force. I have to say this is really amazing!!! Well thought out routine with a kicker ending!
Great thinking!!!
kiki
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
This takes a bit of guts, but I've done it a couple times and it's worked so far, but have the spectator do all the actions of the old cross cut force, then after a bit of time misdirection, instruct them to pick up the upper packet with one hand, and pointing to the packet still on the table tell them to take the card they cut to. Haven't tested it nearly enough to know how reliable it is on different audience types though...
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Thanks for the feedback Kiki

I hope you enjoy using it

Andy
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Quote:
On 2010-11-11 08:23, a brown 1968 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback Kiki

I hope you enjoy using it

Andy

I will give it a try at a party tomorrow!!
Alel
View Profile
Special user
Bay Area
668 Posts

Profile of Alel
Benjamin Earl has a couple of neat ideas tucked in his website somewhere. Smile
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
289 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
If that's (Hugard) the H. I. Christ force, yes, The Perfect Force.
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Andrew Normansell uses a brilliant hands-off force on one of his 100% Commercial Comedy Stand-Up DVDs. It allows him to force the highest value card from a few randomly cut packets
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DON'T WAIT FOR INSPIRATION is my brand new e-book with 10 new routines.

APTITUDE is my first PLATINUM e-book with 10 new routines + 'SIGNS' bonus.

PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP is available here.

DNA
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
OK, for you guys scared of the DB force, try this:

Set-up is same as usual, BUT , place deck on table FACE-UP.

Have them cut off a portion and place it FACE-DOWN on the table.

Pick up the remainder of the deck, leaving it FACE-UP, and set it on the FACE-DOWN portion that was just cut off.

DONE! You are now in the same position as the original force. No chance of the spectator ever exposing your gimmick this way!

Have fun, and enjoy.

Cheers.

John Warrens
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Thanks John for sharing

Merry Christmas

Andy
Pharaoh
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh
I particularly like the type of force used in Bill Goldman's 'One for the Money' effect. It effectively incorporates an impromptu force of a card that is a procedure certainly worth knowing.

All done in the spectator's hands and could be with a borrowed deck.

Plus with a minor additional sleight could be used to force any card of your choosing.

Murrari mentioned Andrew Normansell's force which is also very devious. I believe the effect is High Five.

Incidentally, if anyone knows of similar methods to these I'd like to hear them. I particularly like effects that involve a hands off approach.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Hands off FORCE! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL