The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » John Bannon, "Bullet Party" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
shadowman
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of shadowman
I am very excited about the new Bannon DVD.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Can't make it to Blackpool, so I made my order today ...
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Here is a reminder of Mr Bannon bibliography

Books

Mirage (1986)
The Very Best Of John Bannon (in French, 1988)
Impossibilia (1990)
The Magic Of John Bannon (in Japanese, 1991)
Smoke & Mirrors (1992)
Dear Mr. Fantasy (2006)
Open And Notorious (2009)
Six. Impossible. Things. (2009)
Mega 'Wave (2010)

Lecture Notes

Cosmic Debris (1987)
Avant Carde (1990)
Without (1990)
Secret Weapons (1990)
Value Added Tricks (1994)
Iberia (1995)
Shock (1996)
Cardzilla Is Coming (1998)
Light Fantastic (in Spanish, 2006)

DVD/Video Collections

Impossibilia: The John Bannon Video (1990)
Smoke & Mirrors Video (1993)
Live From London (PAL only, 1999)
Impossibilia: The John Bannon Video (DVD 2004)
Smoke & Mirrors Video (DVD 2004)
Bullets After Dark (DVD 2009)
Bullet Party ( DVD 2011 ...to come)

Single Trick DVDs

Duplicity (2008)
Spin Doctor (2008)
The Royal Scam (2008)

Tricks

Return Of The Magnificent Seven (1989)
Call Of The Wild (1993)
Twisted Sisters (1993)
Detour De Force (1994)
Strangers Gallery (1994)
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Quote:
On 2011-02-03 11:10, ozman wrote:
Yes indeed! the official release date in the shops is March 1. but if you happen to be at Blackpool John will be on the BBM stall... and we'll have BULLETPARTY for sale. Smile
Great stuff Owen. Thanks mate

John
John Bannon
View Profile
V.I.P.
152 Posts

Profile of John Bannon
Hello, everybody.

For the record, I had so much fun doing "Bullets After Dark" with Owen and the Big Blind Media crew that I looked forward to another project. The DVD was supposed to showcase two fractal packet tricks, “Mega ‘Wave,” and “Bullet Party” (and perhaps the revised “Poker Pairadox”). One thing led to another and, several tricks later, we had a two-volume production.

The book, "Bullet Party," started out as the e-book instructions for a simple packet trick; like my earlier "fractal series," a companion to the video instruction on DVD. As it is, between last year’s Mega ’Wave and this year’s Bullet Party, almost everything on the Bullet Party DVD can be read as well as watched. Video or print? Left side of your brain or the right? Both?

Looking forward to Blackpool. Stop by and say hello.

Cheers.

John
"And although this art is so wonderful, still it is held in no honor . . . The reasons are various, it seems to me; first, the art is concerned with useless matters; second, it is practiced by men of low degree."

G. Cardano on card tricks, De Subtilitate, 1554

www.johnbannonmagic.com
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
Mr. Bannon,

Off the top of your head, do you know exactly what material from Bullet Party is in the companion book?
John Bannon
View Profile
V.I.P.
152 Posts

Profile of John Bannon
Hello, everybody,

BTW, thanks to everyone for your support and kind words. I hope you'll like this latest project.

To Mr. Cap,

Here are the contents to Bullet Party, the book (there are a couple items not on the DVD). You can find this and more information on my web site. http://www.johnbannonmagic.com

Bullet Party
A fractal blast. Follow the Ace and ignore the Jokers—if you can—before the bullets start flying. Complete with subtitles.

Bullet Catcher
Cut-the-Aces-from-a-shuffled pack. Fire when ready.

Drop Target Aces
Aces, buried alive, return with a vengeance. The future is here.

Four Shadow Aces
Classic Ace assembly, shaken not stirred. Smooth and sophisticated.

Flipside Assembly
An Ace assembly too weird for words. Approach with caution.

Big Fat Bluff Aces
Aces assemble, change to Kings, then disassemble—or do they? Low cost, high bluff, all fun.

Box Jumper
An illusion. Her card (lost in the deck) changes places with your card (in the card box). Presto.

Fat City Revisited
Fine-tuned card sandwiches. Maximum efficiency.

Poker Pairadox Redux
Classic stacker made fractal. Looks and smells like Texas Hold ‘Em poker—but it’s not. Instantly resets.

Question Zero
Ask not the thought-of card. Or anything else for that matter.

Elias Multiple Shift
Bannon’s handy touch on a classic sleight.

Crocodile False Cut
In the hands, no table required. Fast, false and user-friendly. Snap.

Flytrap False Cut
False and fabulous—a standout from Bannon’s DVD B*A*D.

Aloha,

John
"And although this art is so wonderful, still it is held in no honor . . . The reasons are various, it seems to me; first, the art is concerned with useless matters; second, it is practiced by men of low degree."

G. Cardano on card tricks, De Subtilitate, 1554

www.johnbannonmagic.com
Einmaliger
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
199 Posts

Profile of Einmaliger
I don't care much for DVDs, but as a book is bundled with it, I preordered it. I am looking forward to getting this certain feeling again that I had when I first worked my way through Smoke & Mirrors.
shadowman
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of shadowman
All magic from John Bannon is great.

gr. John.
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Quote:
On 2011-02-06 14:12, John Bannon wrote:
Hello, everybody.

For the record, I had so much fun doing "Bullets After Dark" with Owen and the Big Blind Media crew that I looked forward to another project. The DVD was supposed to showcase two fractal packet tricks, “Mega ‘Wave,” and “Bullet Party” (and perhaps the revised “Poker Pairadox”). One thing led to another and, several tricks later, we had a two-volume production.

The book, "Bullet Party," started out as the e-book instructions for a simple packet trick; like my earlier "fractal series," a companion to the video instruction on DVD. As it is, between last year’s Mega ’Wave and this year’s Bullet Party, almost everything on the Bullet Party DVD can be read as well as watched. Video or print? Left side of your brain or the right? Both?

Looking forward to Blackpool. Stop by and say hello.

Cheers.

John
Look forward to seeing you again John. Dying to see what you have done with the fat city sandwich...

Best

The other John
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Just watched both discs. Hoo-boy. You guys are in for a treat. Loved the new handling for Fractal Recall. So many great tricks. And it's really nice to see John performing some of the tricks live in front of real people in the magic bar in Bristol.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Looking forward to this, and as mentioned in a post in this thread, I was excited to see the book/dvd combo.

RevJohn
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Is there a list of the contents yet?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
It's on the previous page.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Latest update on shipping dates:

The new John Bannon DVD set will be onsale in shops from March 1, but if you pre-order with BBM we will dispatch your set NEXT WEEK! Yep, the stock lands next wed, and we aim to send all preorders out the second we can. GEEEEEET IN!

Go 'ere to place your order now. You KNOW you wanna!

The double disc set is available for just £24.99 / $39.99! Bargain of the century!!

And we are also offering you the chance to grab one of the limited number of BULLET PARTY books that John has put together. It covers similar material to the DVD, but you just gotta have this on your shelf. If you don't, your grandkids will ask you why not. Don't disappoint them.

AND ALSO Coming Soon from Big Blind Media :

* Inside Job by Cameron Francis (DVD)
* The Card Solutions of Solomon by Dave Solomon (DVD)
* The Skip Switch by Ollie Mealing (DVD)
* Aperture by Cameron Francis (DVD)
* Danny Archer's Miracles (DVD)

plus a MEGA project from Luke Jermay
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
272 Posts

Profile of ozman
Just got an amazing email from john guastaferro about BULLETPARTY. check this:

"Bannon has done it again! Bullet Party picks up where Bullets After Dark left off,and it's stronger and more commercial than ever. Bannon is in top form with this project. It's great to see him performing in live situations ...and describing the effects in a session-type format. Every one of the effects is worthy of careful study, from their construction, to their devious yet practical handing, to their audience impact. It's my favorite Bannon project in years."

WOO!

and if you want to preorder BULLETPARTY you gotta do it in the next 48 hours. we leave for Blackpool Magic Convention on wednesday and don't get back until monday next week.
John Pilotzi
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of John Pilotzi
The trick on the trailer looks just like Paul Gordon's Triple Kick Monte which I've been using for years! In fact, the second half of the trick IS Paul's TKM.

JP
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
Just got this DVD from Blackpool and it is so so good!!! Already learnt Mega Wave and Bullet Party. They are both great routines that I will use a lot. Most of my working material is now Mr Bannons!

I checked out Triple Kick Monte, and I can see some similarities in the routine, but it is certainly not identical and Bullet Party is a much better trick.

I am looking forward to learning the rest of the material on this set. I recommend this to everyone who likes card magic (and those that don't, cause this will convert you).

To finalise, great magic, top notch production, what more can you ask for in a magic DVD? I look forward to the next one Smile
John Pilotzi
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of John Pilotzi
Don't agree! Paul's TRIPLE KICK MONTE (which I see Bannan recognises as his inspiration) is better because it's clearer and cleaner. Naturally, imho. JP
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
As I mentioned before, I believe Bannon's version is superior. Keep in mind, we are all entitled to our own opinions, but it seems the mojority of people are favoring Bannons routine over Paul Gordons's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » John Bannon, "Bullet Party" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL