The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Elite Cuss Cards a review (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Man ... its very much appreciated.

More coming soon! I know it has been slow going, but hang in there and you won't be disappointed.

Thanks again!
JonWhite
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of JonWhite
Wow!

Just... wow!

I was sufficiently blessed by receiving my Elite Cuss Cards set on Saturday. Without wishing to repeat all the good things that have been said above (or end up gushing like a 13 year old girl at a Take That reunion concert) these things are very seriously cool. From the aging of the cards to the straw used in packing, everything about the entire package screams quality and attention to detail. Even the instruction booklet came wrapped and sealed in a distressed package that was almost a shame to open! And that smell...

These props are too good to simply present as spooky artifacts. Although the mechanics of the supplied routine is indeed simple, these deserve far better than being presented virtually straight out the box. Developing the script and performance to do these justice will however be a joy.

It's also worth mentioning what a pleasure it was to deal with Chris from Alchemy Moon. Every email was promptly answered and I was kept informed on my order throughout.

In terms of the high quality of both goods and service Alchemy Moon seem to have hit the ground at a full-on sprint. On the strength of my first order from this fledgling company, the whole experience really has been truly impressive and holds great store for future dealings. Cheers guys!

:)
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
For those of us in the Continental US, are they shipped from the UK or directly from South Florida?

Chris
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
They are currently being shipped from the UK.

Sometime around February 2011, some orders should begin shipping from South Florida to U.S. customers.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
Smile

Thanks for the info!

Chris
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Here's more info on the Elite Cuss Cards, detailing what you get:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoCofqOkXD0
LarsRuth
View Profile
Loyal user
Frankfurt, Germany
212 Posts

Profile of LarsRuth
I didn't get that beautiful box with my cards..... :-((
Jake Murphree
View Profile
Regular user
Beyond the Psychomanteum
138 Posts

Profile of Jake Murphree
Quote:
On 2010-12-24 01:12, ALEXANDRE wrote:
Here's more info on the Elite Cuss Cards, detailing what you get:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoCofqOkXD0

I'm pretty sure I just saw Captain Howdy in that video...
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Lars - you are not missing anything.
The box is being sold separately (drop me a note and I will put you on the first batch, if you like).
....everything is made clear(ish) on the blog: http://alchemymoon.wordpress.com/ (hit the news when you gets there!)
You can also see a comparison between the Elite and the Kings set. Kings set now on sale and on the new web site in the new year.
Lars - I know that you are waiting to see the DITF ELite set - this too will appear on the blog...

....Captain Howdy?
...so that is who started all this!
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
WitchDoctor
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of WitchDoctor
I was got my CussCards few days ago, after I saw the card of Sickness,
I am getting sick this few days, so I do this review so late.

is the CussCards truely Cuss people?

as JonWhite mention, I don't want repeat all the good things that have been said above.
but for my poor English, I don't know how to explain my feeling @@

if you give me one sentence to explain, I can say CussCards is one of my Treasure.
I still didn't perform it but I am sure she will alway with me later, will write more detail after I do that.

and one more point, Chris teach us how to "Buff" the cards again and how to "Age" the leather by yourself,
it isn't hard and it make your Props more Unique.

Thanks everything by Chris and alchemy-moon

Cheers,
W.D.
WhY SO SErIOUS?
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Looks Great!
I can not wait more to see them in stock again...
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
360 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Greetings Compeers...

Back in Nov right after I read steveline's review of Alchemey Moon's Cuss Cards...I began visiting the site and reading the information posted there about the Eite Set. I really wanted a set so I began a line of communication with Chris at Alchemey Moon...and ultimatly placed my order.

I received my Elite Cuss Cards...with the fantastic aged wood box (which is an extra cost)...and began the adventure of reading the great instruction book...and learning about these very special, very authentic, and very realistic props. The Cuss Cards are the type of items that must been seen in person to be completely appreciated. These props actually look, feel, smell, and appear to be a completely authentic set of cards from the mid 1600's.

The effect and premis of the effect is not for the faint of heart...not for the presenter...nor especially for the spectator. Although for those of us who present the strange and bizarre for our audiences...the simplicity of method allows for the presenter to weave his or her story...and focus on the presentation. With the right story and presentation...you can present an effect that can quite litterally startle and leave your audience with a lifelong experince.

The Cuss Cards do the work for you in their appearance and messages...you provide the story and the atmosphere, and build a reputation as a person who has abilities mere mortals would only dream of...or run from.

I love my Cuss Cards...and have big plans for them...thank you Chris, it was a pleasure doing business with you...your products are first class, your service is first class, and I admire your imagination and ability to provide props that scare the hell out em...!

Continued Success...
Dr. Dan
Magical Mentalism & Revealing Readings With Dr. Dan
www.drdanandco.com
LarsRuth
View Profile
Loyal user
Frankfurt, Germany
212 Posts

Profile of LarsRuth
I can confirm everything you said! Those Cuss Cards are state of the art!
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
893 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
I just heard this product has been discontinued. Does anybody know how many sets of these were made?
pilgrim
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of pilgrim
I would say: the last comment dates back from 6 years ago!! Why would I drop a reply here... Because 6 years in terms of IT-technology is an era... But this is not 'IT' (Information Technology)!! From our (methodological and logical point of view) perhaps... yes. But from the point of our 'poor' but beloved spectators... Ooohhh NOOOO!!! Smile)) And to come back to the 3 initial questions of Jake...:
1.)"You described the cards as being thicker than a normal deck of cards. What are these cards made of? Wood? I perused the alchemy moon site but didn't see anything reference the material of the cards."
-> They're made of human skin! Smile In fact: they sound 'woody'... or 'linoleum'-like... and you are afraid they would liquify between your warm fingers.

2) Have you presented the cards to anyone? What have the reactions been like?
-> Ooooh yes I 'presented' (as an 'ebay'-acquisition turning out 'wrong'... Why the hell these markings are 'UNDERSIDE the box!!!') And ooooh.... they reacted when I said they shouldn't see the faces of the cards... while spreading open to them!

3) Can you comment on the authenticity of the cards? Do they really look, feel, smell like a genuine antique?
-> Ooooh YES!!! They feel/look/like REAL. But of course I choose for the Elite. Nevertheless this is something your surrounders are not aware off... And you get along with it. But really: Chris provided one hell of 'artifactum' and it HAS impact on people standing around.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2017, pilgrim wrote:
I would say: the last comment dates back from 6 years ago!! Why would I drop a reply here... Because 6 years in terms of IT-technology is an era... But this is not 'IT' (Information Technology)!! From our (methodological and logical point of view) perhaps... yes. But from the point of our 'poor' but beloved spectators... Ooohhh NOOOO!!! Smile)) And to come back to the 3 initial questions of Jake...:
1.)"You described the cards as being thicker than a normal deck of cards. What are these cards made of? Wood? I perused the alchemy moon site but didn't see anything reference the material of the cards."
-> They're made of human skin! Smile In fact: they sound 'woody'... or 'linoleum'-like... and you are afraid they would liquify between your warm fingers.

2) Have you presented the cards to anyone? What have the reactions been like?
-> Ooooh yes I 'presented' (as an 'ebay'-acquisition turning out 'wrong'... Why the hell these markings are 'UNDERSIDE the box!!!') And ooooh.... they reacted when I said they shouldn't see the faces of the cards... while spreading open to them!

3) Can you comment on the authenticity of the cards? Do they really look, feel, smell like a genuine antique?
-> Ooooh YES!!! They feel/look/like REAL. But of course I choose for the Elite. Nevertheless this is something your surrounders are not aware off... And you get along with it. But really: Chris provided one hell of 'artifactum' and it HAS impact on people standing around.

What in God's name are you talking about?
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
235 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
I was thinking the same thing LOL
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
He's giving his take on the questions posed by Jake back in the earlier part of the first page of posts.

It is nice to see this thread revived. While they are not easily obtained anymore, I find they are an incredibly strong piece of theatre. There are few people I have found who create aged items with the painstaking eye for detail as Mr. Gould. He is a true master craftsman.
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
235 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
David, I agree 100% about Mr. Gould's genius and craftsmanship. I have the aged version of the CC Kings and they are the best item in my rather large performance collection.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2017, David Eichler wrote:
He's giving his take on the questions posed by Jake back in the earlier part of the first page of posts.

Yes, I know that. But one needs to make sense, right?

Chris' cuss cards are one of the best items that I have had the pleasure to own. An incredible effect and set of props. My set will go to my grave with me.
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Elite Cuss Cards a review (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL