The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Insider- Jay Sankey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
I agree with the reviews posted - overall a good effect well explained and taught by Jay.
Not my cup of tea to be honest but that is just a personal opinion. I really can't see to many
(if any) people commenting on the size or shape of the envelope or envelope window. Jay
explains the very good reason for this and I really can't see the issue. From me insider ates 7/10.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
MerlH
View Profile
Loyal user
Carolina Shores, N.C.
272 Posts

Profile of MerlH
One of the better "card to impossible location" I have seen. The visual appearance is startling to everyone. I work in a magic shop and sell Sankey's effect so I have shown it to a wide audience and it kills. The signed card is not a "fumbley" process. It would be to any "magician" who won't practice and wants everything with no work!!!!!
Merl Hamen Old dog-- New tricks
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
292 Posts

Profile of terrillific
I bought it and I’m not very happy with it. I’ve tested it out after making the gimmick for it and the feedback I’ve got from a few people I’ve shown it too isn’t good. The visual change looks good but the gimmick seem obvious on the envelopes.
haroldross
View Profile
New user
Walthill, Nebraska
30 Posts

Profile of haroldross
I have been very pleased with the reactions that I have had to this effect. I borrow a bill and do a vanish and have it appear in the envelope that is in a plastic bag. People have never questioned the envelope or anything about it. A great idea from Jay Sankey.
elmago
View Profile
Loyal user
Northridge- Los Angeles, CA
272 Posts

Profile of elmago
I can't find the DVD or the refills on his website. Penguin says they discontinued the refills. Does anyone know what happened?
"Excellence is not a single act; it's a habit" Shaq quoting Aristotle after winning NBA MVP.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I don't know, but I do know I love the effect. Lots of possibilities, and the card to sealed envelope is the coolest I have ever seen.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I have it but have never used it,i made the gimmick up and lost it.Some good idea's on the DVD so it's worth a play with.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
It's worth a bunch. I have Dadid Regal's "Special Delivery", which is a cool effect, but I'm favoring Sankey's routine over it.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
jordanamystika
View Profile
New user
IN
52 Posts

Profile of jordanamystika
This is one of the only Sankey effects I still use in my performances. I like it. It's worth looking into trying it out.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I've always thought this was one of the more underrated Sankey products out there. I'm not even convinced you need to do the signed version, the simple appearance of an object (or transposition) is so smooth and frankly, startling. Quite clever IMO.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I like some of Sankey's stuff but recently tracked this down and bought it. I hated it. I did not think the way the gimmick looked when in place was convincing and did not agree with him that it would go unnoticed. Maybe you could do this in a parlor show but table hopping with people right under your elbows, I don't think so.

I have owned or am familiar with Miracle Signed Card in Envelope, Insider, Special Delivery, Unbelievalope, Black Envelope and Confinement. If you are looking for a card/prediction to envelope, look no further than Special Delivery. It really is like the poor man's mystery box. Once you see it you can make more out of regular envelopes and with a little practice can even flash the envelope empty. It also can be made up for a prediction on a piece of paper. It really is only limited by your imagination.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Insider- Jay Sankey (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL