The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Which stack to go with? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Also "menmonics" should have been "mnemonics" - sorry, it's late here in the UK and it's been a long day!
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DON'T WAIT FOR INSPIRATION is my brand new e-book with 10 new routines.

APTITUDE is my first PLATINUM e-book with 10 new routines + 'SIGNS' bonus.

PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP is available here.

DNA
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Steve
Is it fair to say "each to their own"?

If you are suggesting that it took you an hour to learn the phonics for the numbers and about 2 hours for you to get your first stack in place, then yes by comparing me with you directly, your way takes twice as long as my way. However, that doesn't make my way superior to yours (or for vice versa if your way took less time). Am I implying that twice as much to remember means twice as long? No. For ME, it would involve more time, but not necessarily twice as much.

The stack is in my long term memory and will stay there for my lifetime. I work with it on a daily basis. Just as your pegs have 'faded away so has the 'brute force' I first applied.
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DNA
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2010-12-14 20:10, murrari wrote:
Steve
Is it fair to say "each to their own"?

Actually my interest wasn't in comparing the two.
My interest was making sure your post wasn't read/used
in a way that would encourage/produce misconceptions
about mnemonics.

SEY
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
To avoid any misunderstanding or misconceptions, can I please go on record to say that "mnemonics are a proven way of developing and improving your memory. They will help you remember facts, numbers, faces, names, places and a whole lot more besides. However, they are not the ONLY way to remember 'things' in your short, medium and long term memory. Fot those of you who desire to improve your memory, seeking Harry Lorayne's tuition through his memory training courses, books, software etc. would be a very wise place to start."

Now to reiterate, I memorise many things (speeches, stacks, sequences, numbers etc) without the use of any mnemonic system. What each individual does is up to them. Just do SOMETHING - something that works for you!
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DNA
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Which stack to go with? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL