The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Introductions by an MC... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
Occasionally I'll be in a position where I am going to be introduced by an MC or by whoever organized the party/event. I prefer to write my own introductions, as they tend to be much better than when I've let the MC make up their own intro. I like the added prestige that a good introduction brings.
What I would like to know is what are your collective opinions on introductions as given by others, whether you write them out yourself, and if you do what are some examples of introductions you use? (or philosophies on how introductions should be written to effectively introduce a magician to an audience)

Thoughts anyone?
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
Robin DeWitt
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Robin DeWitt
When I performed as Kardor I had an introduction prerecorded because it was important to me that the introduction had,a certain meter to the phrasing plus it included play on music. As Robin DeWitt I would print out my introduction along with pause notations. A lot of the time they would still not follow my instructions. So if it is really important, I would consider a pretaped intro.
I am the fakir, you....
<BR>Robin DeWitt
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Fairly recently there was a thread about "terrible introductions"

A good introduction can "make" your opening--and act!

Over 50 years of playing school assemblies for everything from Kindergarten kids, to Senior High School young ladies and gentlemen, my manager would send an introduction with advance material. Occasionally, the forwarded intro, would "get lost", and, the principal, or student council representative, would not have it. I also carried an introduction, typed in large block letters on a card. It made my job a lot easier!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Introductions by an MC... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL