The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Bang On by Marc Oberon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
I bought this about three or four years ago and it came out only in bridge sized cards which were printed on rather cheap card stock. My toddler got into it and destroyed a number of the cards two years ago and the trick has sat ever since as at the time this would have required a very expensive repurchase of the whole trick. Does anyone know if refills of only the cards were ever made available and, even better, whether it was ever put out in poker sized cards? Thanks
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Unfortunately, I do not believe that refills or a poker version were ever released for this effect. I think it's also been taken off the market in general. If I recall, this was an Alakazam release. You may have some luck contacting Peter Nardi directly, he might be able to help you.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

It was a very expensive but very effective trick that takes up way too much pocket space.
Mark Elsdon
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Mark Elsdon
Hello,

A friend of mine (who browses the Café but is not a member) directed me to this thread, as I have something that might be of interest to you.

Rather than turn this post into an ad, may I please just offer a link?

http://elsdon.blogspot.com/2010/08/on-mark.html

Thanks,

ME
Check out The View From Here:
http://elsdon.blogspot.com/
Riku_Pajari
View Profile
New user
Mikkeli, Finland
99 Posts

Profile of Riku_Pajari
On Mark looked awesome! I have been thinking about getting Oberon's Bang On but after seeing On Mark, I thing I will get that if my local magic dealer get's some on his stock. Thank you!
adamc
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
138 Posts

Profile of adamc
Quote:
On 2010-12-27 17:18, denisb wrote:
I bought this about three or four years ago and it came out only in bridge sized cards which were printed on rather cheap card stock. My toddler got into it and destroyed a number of the cards two years ago and the trick has sat ever since as at the time this would have required a very expensive repurchase of the whole trick. Does anyone know if refills of only the cards were ever made available and, even better, whether it was ever put out in poker sized cards? Thanks

If it was only a few cards that were damaged, you could always just make them yourself. I made an entire deck of 52 bicycle playing cards for this effect, so it's definitely possible, just time consuming! The Art of Card Splitting with Martini will be very useful for this task
en2oh
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of en2oh
Quote:
On 2011-09-25 22:59, adamc wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-27 17:18, denisb wrote:

If it was only a few cards that were damaged, you could always just make them yourself. I made an entire deck of 52 bicycle playing cards for this effect, so it's definitely possible, just time consuming! The Art of Card Splitting with Martini will be very useful for this task

I noticed that Marc Oberon is still selling this effect from his own website.
Not sure why it is no longer distributed in North America but I just sent a message to his site asking about replacement materials.
I too, would like a poker sized version on North American Card Stock.
Doug
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Does

Do Kolossal Killer and Bang On rely on fundamentally the same methodology (I know Bang On but not KK)?
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

I don't know what happened with above post- my bad, as they say.
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of drphil
No bangon uses a different method than k.k. bangon uses a more complex set up but delivers the card named every time. With k.k. a novel idea replaces some cards called for. Both can leave the spectator with the same opplnion that you knew the card they would name in advance.
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Bang On IS a very complex set up. Thanks for the dope on KK
Hofi
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Hofi
If you use Bang on in parlour or stage situation, you should not have problems to print the cards yourself. Or you spent some more $ and ask one of the card experts doing custom work. But if only a few cards are missing, I would print it on my own. In the situations mentioned you just show the cards, you do not hand it out or make any flourish with them
MinSting
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
192 Posts

Profile of MinSting
Its possible to use another H****rt wallet or we must use the supplied one with this trick? iquite like it
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Bang On by Marc Oberon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL