The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » 21 - Magic by Sweden (2 Disc Set) - My Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
It's great because you openly announce exactly what will take place in the "game" before it even begins, then they have completely free choices to move the objects around and in the end all was predicted. It's really a beautifully streamlined effect.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Wanted to let fans of this set know that it's one of the DVDs nominated for the "Best DVD of 2010" poll, which closes Monday night at 11:59.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=90
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

I think Redneck Remedy is a very good sequence, very deceptive, but I have one very important question: Doesn't it ruin the entire illusion that the bottles are real/full if you stick a silk into it?! Should I start the effect by mentioning that this is an effect with one empty bottle and one glass? That way, no questioning will take place when you poke the silk into the bottle. Or maybe start by picking up the bottle and the glass and emptying the the bottle into the glass and drinking the liquid, explaining without words that the bottle is now empty (all that was left inside was one glass of liquid). What do you guys think? I don't think I'm thinking like a magician. It seems inconsistent with the assumptions that the audience members make when the effect begins. People assume that the bottle is real/full of liquid/sealed.
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
774 Posts

Profile of TStone
Quote:
On 2011-02-19 12:02, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Should I start the effect by mentioning that this is an effect with one empty bottle and one glass? That way, no questioning will take place when you poke the silk into the bottle.

I've never experienced any questioning at that point, but if you perceive it like that and want to address it, you can "say" it in a non-verbal way. Like, begin by removing a cork from the bottle and attempt to pour yourself a glass. Nothing there. Look out the wings with an accusing look (silent script: "I will kill the s.o.b. who emptied my bottle!" ), then just continue with the routine. Or in any other non-verbal way.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Thank you Tom, I appreciate your quick help. I will try and work your Redneck Remedy sequence into my multiplying bottles routine.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
A must have D.V.D....I purchased this many months ago.A top notch magic quality d.v.d.Well recommended.

Graham..
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
MichaelGristMagic
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
67 Posts

Profile of MichaelGristMagic
Quote:
On 2011-03-12 19:53, gtx magic wrote:
A must have D.V.D....I purchased this many months ago.A top notch magic quality d.v.d.Well recommended.

Graham..

Couldn't agree more! Smile
Magic is propar class like hew! Smile

"Pick a card"
"why?"
"So I can find it"
"why?"
"Because I can..."
Anders Moden
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Anders Moden
Fun facts
–in the last five weeks three performers on this DVD have gained no less than 9 champion titles:

Swedish Champion Mentalism
Swedish Champion Stage Magic
Swedish Championship Grand Prix Stage Magic
Swedish Champion Card Magic
Swedish Champion Closeup Magic
Swedish Championship Grand Prix Closeup Magic
Nordic Champion Stage Magic
Nordic Championship Grand Prix winner

:)
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of rjs
Cherry Blossom by Anders Moden is a visual miracle!
Anders Moden
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Anders Moden
More fun facts for you who have the DVD:

Axel Adlercreutz does a remarcable show together with cellist Sabina Sandri Olsson.

In Sweden's Got Talent they entered with this short piece:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZaTFdgZ3m0

And this is their semifinal performance from earlier this evening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsUoUgs3bYs
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Good to see young talent dedicated to the art of magic.Taken seriously,Studied and entertaining.What Magic should be about. A lesson to the up and coming younger magicians,and to all whom want to use the art of magic.

Graham.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
685 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Great DVD overall, I like the idea of Forced Will, smart handling based from Free Will by Deddy Corbuzier....
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I am not into card magic, but I may have to buy this dvd just for the Rope and ring routine and the Bending straw.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » 21 - Magic by Sweden (2 Disc Set) - My Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL