The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2011 entrée: Kozmo » » What's best? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

volto
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of volto
Hi Kozmo!

First, thanks for taking the time to do this, it's awesome to get the chance to chat with folks like yourself.

I'm an amateur, having returned to magic after spending a few decades in the real world. Like most amateurs (I guess) I have difficulty sticking to a few fixed shows, since my audience is obviously smaller than a pro's would be, and I feel bad about repeating material. So I'd be really interested in what you think is best:

Originality, or a perfected classic?
A hundred routines done well, or a dozen done really well?
Sleight of hand, or gimmicks?
Three cheap props or one deluxe model?

Hope you have an excellent week!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
4156 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
A DOZEN..... people often ask me how many tricks I do in my show. I tell them I do 3 but I'm trying to get it down to one. If I can do one trick in a half an hour at that point I might think I'm a good entertainer.

3 tricks over and over and over again. Change audiences not tricks. Smile

AS far as gaffs. I like Coin Shells, those kind of tools last and you can do some beautiful magic. As far as card gaffs well I don't want to have to replace anything. I'm going to pick effects that a visit to the magic shop will NEVER be important
volto
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of volto
Man, I would love to see that one trick in person someday. Smile

Thanks!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
4156 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Watch Gazzo
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I don't want to be humilated or the butt of a joke so I'd rather watch you!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2011 entrée: Kozmo » » What's best? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.038988 seconds, requiring 20 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [9] [4] [1] [9] [6] [5] [6]