The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2011 entrée: Kozmo » » How to stop people on the street? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
460 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
Hello Kozmo,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Recently, I started try to busker on the street.
But I found it's hard to stop the first audience.
People just walk by and don't listen to me.
What will you do or what will you say to stop them?
Can you give me some advices?
Thank you very much.
Best,
YuYen
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
4089 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Yuyen,

Its just not easy. One thing you might want to try is to go to them.....leave your table and go out and do magic for them. Perhaps you might need to enter their space?. The best way to get good at this is to do it and be willing to fail.

The hardest thing in working the streets is to come back the next day after failing badly the day before. Leave your table and get into their space/

Good luck
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1882 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
YuYen,

Kozmo says it isn't easy, but he makes it look easy. Part of it is because he's such a shy and reserved guy (just kidding). If you're serious about street performing than I would highly recommend getting his 2 DVD set on the art. It's the best out there for learning the busking technique. Use your own material but the advice he gives is fantastic.

Steven
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
4089 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2011 entrée: Kozmo » » How to stop people on the street? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.032934 seconds, requiring 20 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [1] [9] [5] [6] [9] [7] [9] [4]