The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2011 entrée: Kozmo » » Turning over a crowd, Location, location, location. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Redwulfe
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Redwulfe
Hello Kozmo and thank you for taking time to answer our questions, it is great to have this opportunity and thanks for giving it to us.

I am currently working up a routine and the courage to go out and start busking. I have two questions for you.

1. Do you feel that a crowd is easy to turn over? In other words does it take long for a new crowd to build after your previous set? and How much time do you give between sets to build a new crowd?

2. I know location is important. I currently am not that worried about making tons of money and am just doing this to get practice for now but how do you go about picking a good spot? I know that personal spots are a private thing but How would I go about finding a decent spot?

I plan on hitting local parks to try and keep it as public and hopefully lawful as possible. I have also thought about hitting up a place where people gather like a mini golf course down the street that seems to always have a line of board people during the summer. I plan on asking permission before setting up however.

Thanks for your time,
Red
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
4090 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Red, The thing about turnover is I don't wait very long. As a matter of fact usually when I work there are people who arrive right at the end. I always indentify them and while passing my hat invite them to stay as I'm about to start again. That makes it really easy and I don't have to find that first group as they are already there.... SEE?

I like a location that theres enough room tpo work BUT not too much room...Dont want to get swallowed up or look small.If youre working during the day you might consider heat and shade for your audience. Much easier to work a Pitch that your audience is comfortable...HOT is not good....they will leave.

Hope this helps Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2011 entrée: Kozmo » » Turning over a crowd, Location, location, location. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.028871 seconds, requiring 12 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [2] [0] [1] [5] [1] [6] [0] [6]