The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of Young Magicians! » » Looking for Stars of Tomorrow at the S.A.M. Convention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

afuntimevent
View Profile
New user
CT
82 Posts

Profile of afuntimevent
If you're seven through 17 and you have a 5-10 minute stage act, you may get the chance to perform on a national stage!

I'm the producer of the Stars of Tomorrow Show at the S.A.M. National Convention, and I'm looking to book acts for the show. The convention takes place July 13-16 in Pittsburgh, PA. Pittsburgh is a neat city. Did you know that the Pittsburgh Paint & Glass Building served as Dr. Claw's company headquarters and hideout in the Inspector Gadget film? Anyway ...

The Stars of Tomorrow Show is a professional show that features young magicians. I may be prejudiced, but I think it's among the best shows at the convention. And for the kids who perform, it's a chance of a lifetime. There will be plenty of activities for young people: special lectures, autograph and ice cream socials and the chance to hang with some of the best magicians in the business. Did I mention you'll get paid? You and a guardian also will get a free registration to the convention, & you'll get one year membership in the S.Y.M.

The audition process includes filling out an application and submitting a DVD, video tape or electronic link to your act. The audition tape doesn't have to be professionally made, but it needs to be of the act you would like to perform at the convention. I'm also looking for an emcee. If you'd like to be considered for that, add some emcee bits to your audition tape: jokes, patter, short magic or variety bits. The emcee should be personable, keep the audience entertained between acts and move the show along.

Last year, I hired someone who found out about the Stars of Tomorrow Show through the Magic Café, & I know he had a great time. This year, it could be you!

For more information, go to http://www.magicsym.com and click on the "Stars of Tomorrow" graphic. I must receive all applications by April 20.

Good luck!

Marlene Clark
S.A.M. National Secretary
Producer, Stars of Tomorrow
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of Young Magicians! » » Looking for Stars of Tomorrow at the S.A.M. Convention (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL