The Magic Café
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Black Box Mystery - My Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Name: Black Box Mystery

Price: 69,95 EUR

Where to buy:

Packaging Quality: The whole package comes in a clear plastic bag with the box itself in a small cardboard box with foam lining.

Instructions Quality: You are supplied with an A4 sheet of instructions that explain the moves and two routines.

Contents: You are supplied with the black box, the instructions and an accessory.

Prop Quality: The black box is a really nice looking small wooden box with a soft lining, similar to the sort of box that jewellery is supplied in. Mechanics work smoothly and reliably every time.

Initial Thoughts: this box achieves a similar effect to the ‘John Kennedy Mystery Box’, however the method is different. With the black box mystery a folded prediction can be put in the box at the start of the routine, instead of “already being there” making things look more natural.

I like the possibilities that this box offers although I don’t think I would use it for a folded card as I think that a folded piece of paper or something similar would look more natural and less ‘magicky’.

After Playing for a while: when you first start playing with the black box mystery it feels a little clunky but when you find the hand positions that suit you, everything flows very smoothly. I would like to find a use for the black box mystery however I would like to put in more time to finding ONE use that really has a strong and apparently organic impact.

First Performance: As I haven’t yet decided on the effect that I would use with the black box mystery I decided to use the box as a climax to the Ambitous Card.

Overall Audience Reaction: This does have actually have a very strong reaction on spectators and the fact that either a magician or spectator can put the folded prediction in the box at the start makes it much stronger.

Pros: Very well made prop, easy to operate with a little practice.

Cons: Not really a con but the box is quite small so you can only really switch folded cards, billets and other small objects.

Value for Money: Does what it needs to very well so if you need a small switching box then this won’t disappoint.

Buy it at Magic Shop
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Black Box Mystery - My Review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2015 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 3.94 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL