We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Black Box Mystery - My Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
832 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Name: Black Box Mystery

Price: 69,95 EUR

Where to buy: http://www.my-magicshop.com/magic-tricks......tery.php

Packaging Quality: The whole package comes in a clear plastic bag with the box itself in a small cardboard box with foam lining.

Instructions Quality: You are supplied with an A4 sheet of instructions that explain the moves and two routines.

Contents: You are supplied with the black box, the instructions and an accessory.

Prop Quality: The black box is a really nice looking small wooden box with a soft lining, similar to the sort of box that jewellery is supplied in. Mechanics work smoothly and reliably every time.

Initial Thoughts: this box achieves a similar effect to the ‘John Kennedy Mystery Box’, however the method is different. With the black box mystery a folded prediction can be put in the box at the start of the routine, instead of “already being there” making things look more natural.

I like the possibilities that this box offers although I don’t think I would use it for a folded card as I think that a folded piece of paper or something similar would look more natural and less ‘magicky’.

After Playing for a while: when you first start playing with the black box mystery it feels a little clunky but when you find the hand positions that suit you, everything flows very smoothly. I would like to find a use for the black box mystery however I would like to put in more time to finding ONE use that really has a strong and apparently organic impact.

First Performance: As I haven’t yet decided on the effect that I would use with the black box mystery I decided to use the box as a climax to the Ambitous Card.

Overall Audience Reaction: This does have actually have a very strong reaction on spectators and the fact that either a magician or spectator can put the folded prediction in the box at the start makes it much stronger.

Pros: Very well made prop, easy to operate with a little practice.

Cons: Not really a con but the box is quite small so you can only really switch folded cards, billets and other small objects.

Value for Money: Does what it needs to very well so if you need a small switching box then this won’t disappoint.

Buy it at Magic Shop
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Black Box Mystery - My Review (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.109111 seconds, requiring 10 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [1] [8] [9] [4] [9] [3] [8]