We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » SWITCHCRAFT by Elliot Bresler (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1940 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I know this book is older than most books that have come out in the past year, but Elliot was kind enough to send me this ebook, and I thought I should post a review of this, since I do a lot of billet work.

For those that already have it, you know that this tome is the master of billets.

For those that don't, if you have ever considered going into billet work, or studying up on it, you have to checkout SWITCHCRAFT.

So what exactly is in SWITCHCRAFT, and what does it entail??

Switchcraft is a book on billets.

This is a massive tome weighing in at 542 pages.

There is a section on SWITCHES, READS, MISC Techniques, MISC Routines, Predictions, Peeks, Authors Favorites.

Alexander Marsh, Osterlind, Annemann, Scarne, and more are mentioned in this book.

Rating: 10/10.

Well done Elliot.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
1523 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Agree with everything you say Alex except the rating:

The book is a 12/10 (maybe more if I knew how to count higher).
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1940 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
You are correct gmeister!

12/10

Its fantastic!

alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1640 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I got this recently and have to agree - quite simply one of the best resources a mentalist could have. There are very few books that I consider ESSENTIAL for a mentalist - so much is down to personal taste and performing style but I would say without doubt that Switchcraft is defintely ESSENTIAL.

David.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2764 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Agreed! Excellent value for money spent!

Nathan
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2579 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Alex, gmeister, Nathan and David,

Thank you so much for the review and comments.

David, thank you also for sending that excellent billet effect for a future supplement.

Elliott
Estabrooks
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Estabrooks
I almost feel bad for asking this as I should just make the order because I'm certain that this is a fantastic e-book.
So please forgive me. Smile
I do a lot of effects with business cards and I seem to remember that Elliot mentioned that he has included some great effects using business cards in switchcraft. Do I remember correctly?
Best wishes,
Estabrooks

PS: I already have the "master of billets" dvds and a lot of other material that include billet work (Richard Busch Peek performances book, etc.) so that is why I have hesitated in purchasing Switchcraft.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2579 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Hi Estabrooks,

Thank you for your interest.

I would say that at least 90% (probably more) of the items in Switchcraft can be done with business cards.

Thanks again,

Elliott
Dan Magyari
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco, CA
173 Posts

Profile of Dan Magyari
No one should hesitate to buy Switchcraft, ever. No one. Ever. If you have ever had $20 in your pocket, just get it. Even if you have everything else ever written on billits, your questions will be answered after you've gone through the current 542 pages. Buy it, if for no other reason, to see what an individual passionate about something can create with an eye towards quality. One should add that this is a living document, unlike any other tome I've ever purchased.
Everything you do -- everything -- has your signature on it. Regardless of whether you intend it that way or not. And that's how people perceive you.-George Ledo
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
2451 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
It's rubbish. Don't know what all the fuss is about.
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
1523 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Quote:
On 2011-02-17 14:28, bevbevvybev wrote:
It's rubbish. Don't know what all the fuss is about.

Bev's right--the book is crap along with that other one "Post Justify," which isn't worth the vapor it's written on. So please don't buy either. Don't be one of those suckers who believe that with these two works you have a more solid foundation for billet work than you'll ever need and more than most people will ever use.

Let those of us who have already been scammed remain a select few and hang our heads in shame (or perhaps in sneaking a peek).

Wait instead for the definitive work to pop up on your computer screen and buy it "Today Only" for $49.95 along with 3 free ebooks including "Peeking At Women" --it'll be worth every penny!
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of RandyM
I had this when it was first released , I really liked it. Took a break from magic for about 2 yrs due to illness and replaced my computer due to a Hard Drive crash and lost everything. But I'm glad to see it's still available. I'm gonna have to pick this up again.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2579 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Hi Randy,

I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better.

Computer crashes are the worst. I had a computer die on me a few years ago. I thought I had backups of all my files, and for a long time I was under the impression that all was well. But I found out recently that I accidentally saved the PDF’s for several files, instead of the original MSword documents. Now, if I ever wish to put one or more of them in a Switchcraft supplement, I’ll need to do them over from scratch. Well…maybe. I might be able to copy the info from Acrobat to MSWord and then back to Acrobat. I’ll need to try that one day and see how it goes. But I digress.

There is no need to buy it twice. If you send me your name and email account used for the purchase, I’ll just look it up on mailing list, and, assuming all is well, send you a new copy on Sunday. Another viable option is to visit the email account used to make the original purchase. There should be about 19 emails from me in that account, each containing a copy of the Switchcraft file. You can ignore the first eighteen, as the last email has the most recent document.

Thanks again,

Elliott
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Elliott, Thanks so much for the replacement, your a class act. For those that don't have this , I found it so good and useful that intended to purchase again due to my hard drive crash, thanks to Elliott I don't have to do that, and he forwarded me all the updates to boot!, But I gladly would of purchased a second time, that is how good I find this to be.

Many Thanks,
RandyM
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2579 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
You’re very welcome, Randy. Thank you so much for your post. I hope you enjoy the latest supplements.

Elliott
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2091 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Elliot

As a long time enjoyer of this eBook I'm curious about how it's changed things for you as a billet worker.
Are there favourite effects for you personally in there? Favourite switches?

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2579 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Absolutely. In fact, I recently put together a list of my current favorite items from the series. It is included in the current issue of Jheff’s “Journal of the Mind,” and I am allowed to distribute copies of that issue at my discretion. So, I’ll send you a free copy either tonight or later this week.

Thanks again,

Elliott

PS. If anyone else from my mailing list is interested in getting a copy, just let me know.
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Count me in.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2579 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Randy, I sent your copy out.
Damon, I took a guess for your email address, as I was not one hundred percent sure. Hopefully, I guessed right Smile
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
1523 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Love to have a copy, Elliott!

Thanks,

Gary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » SWITCHCRAFT by Elliot Bresler (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL