The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Nathan Kranzo Tearify Newspaper Mindreading DVd » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
This is my short review for Nathan Kranzo Tearify dvd:

Video performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM3CeLpLz4E

The Blurb:

The Effect
The classic Newspaper Test stripped down to its bare essentials. Done with NO GAFFS, GIMMICKS or extras. No math, no thinking other than presentation.

A page freely chosen from a newspaper is torn into dozens of pieces. ONE piece is selected. ONE WORD is thought of on EITHER SIDE of the piece of paper.

You then slowly reveal their thoughts with 100% percent accuracy. Or for those Too Perfect Theory guys 85% accuracy if you'd like. It is under you complete control.

On this DVD Nathan Kranzo will take you through the history of the Newspaper Test starting with work from over 100 years ago to present date.

You see Nathan perform the effect at a theater for real people. You will learn his incredibly simple method that has fooled many.

You need no extra papers or any gimmicks at all. You can be handed any paper and perform it naked.

Nothing added, nothing taken away. A blockbuster classic effect. STRONG MENTALISM made simple.

**BONUS EFFECT**
For the first time Kranzo Teaches the Leech Newspaper/Magazine Test.
This impromptu test destroys people and you'll want to perform it for the rest of your life.

My thoughts:

The routine:

It is a classic easy to do routine you can do with almost any tabloid newspaper.
Mr Kranzo have a nice twist to f... the page.
Really like this routine.

The dvd production:

Sorry to say that but it is the worst dvd quality production I ever seen in many years.

Mr Kranzo is sitting in front of his PC in a corner of his living room and you barely see his face..
Only his chest!!!!
The dvd was made I think with a Mac software by himself.
This is just not professional at all.

Poor,poor ,poor production.
I consider not buying anything of such poor quality in the future.

I understand that the content is more important than the packaging.
But when you only see a chest in a living room,something must be wrong or made in a hurry!!!!

I am sad because it is a strong trick that I will do.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
What say you Nathan? It looks like a great mind reading effect, perhaps a pdf will come soon?
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
This trick is tearable! Smile
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Honestly, I don't care about the production value, just the content. My only question is , does it differ and/or add to the work already out there on this?

Tony
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Im kicking myself for not making my way to see this effect live. Nathan was in San Antonio a few weeks ago and would have loved to see this live. I do not own this DVD as of yet but that was because I was really hoping to get this from him personally. Um I'm kinda torn about the issue. I believe that if the effect is strong and one will do this then the packaging can withstand SOME scrutiny. However I do believe that if it is a DVD then it kind of has to be viewable as too learn the effect but if you cannot make it to the end because of how bad it is then there is a problem... I have some of Nathans dvds and if this is like his others then yeah I see really no problem with the way he does things but if it is Like you say then that sounds like something a bit different then what I am use to from Nathan... other then that I really want to get this to do in my class. However I tend to read into things too much. Can this be done with ANY newspaper or is it mainly a Tabloid paper? PM me if must... NATHAN COME BACK TO SA ILL MAKE IT NEXT TIME I PROMISE!!!
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
From the video performance I saw, this is a VERY POOR version of the Newspaper Prediction...
JJS
thorsten dankworth
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of thorsten dankworth
The video on youtube isn´t available in my country.....strange.....
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
Does kranzo claim this as his original trick?
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
No it's not original to me. That is even covered in the ad copy.

You get to see a performance in a theater. THE EXPLANATION is filmed in a home setting similar to many of my past videos.

I obviously don't give much thought to fancy production. You buying the techniques and tips etc. that's all fully explained. I understand some people want a highly produced entertaining DVD. Sometimes that's cool. Most times you just want the work.

This is the work.

JJ Sanvert why do you think its bad? If I said you had a bad Zarrow shuffle I'm sure you'd want me to elaborate no? : )

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
This is a workable method and Nathan's presentation is fine. However, 'Tearify' doesn't bring much new to the table in terms of method. It might be useful for somebody wanting to learn more about this classic effect. Nevertheless, my main complaint was the poor camera work. You should have included your face in the frame because it would make for be a better overall viewing experience. I had to watch this dvd twice because I fell asleep the first time. Anyway, good luck with the release.

-Jared
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Quote:
On 2011-02-12 11:24, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Honestly, I don't care about the production value, just the content. My only question is , does it differ and/or add to the work already out there on this?

Tony

I second that.
Dr. Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Dr. Magic
Quote:
On 2011-02-13 16:36, jjsanvert wrote:
From the video performance I saw, this is a VERY POOR version of the Newspaper Prediction...

JJ, we all respect your work, so please clarify.
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
Quote:
On 2011-02-12 11:24, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

Personally, I couldn't disagree more. Not only does quality production ease and enhance the learning process, but lack of production shows a dismissive attitude towards the purchasers. We magicians accept crap WAY too easily and justify it with stale platitudes.

Good production isn't difficult. It is the result of care, thought and planning. It takes very little extra time to do it right.
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
If the video is any indication, it is a very poor version of Al Koran's masterpiece. Compare it to the Al Koran version on youtube!

Performers who release poor quality material only do themselves a disservice! I put them in the Jay Sankey column! ie, never buy from again!
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
Brandon Sheffield
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Brandon Sheffield
Some times I wonder how anything gets done in magic at all. So much negativity!

This is a worker trust me. Its deceptive, easy, just about self working, and hard hitting. Is it better than Korans? I think its a matter of opinion. I do Sanverts cannibal routine, and Ive seen it slammed before. Ive also seen a lot of people say Eugene Burgers version is better. But I keep performing the one routine I like. Because I like it better than the others.

My point is this, If you like Nathans then use it! And you don't like it then don't use it. But don't make comments with out supporting your opinion with something other than "Korans was better" or "I don't like it" I'm sure we all perform routines that other people "think" they have use a better version.

Its all a matter of opinion guys.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Please DO watch the performance on Al Koran on youtube. OMG that is the most dry presentation ever. The whole thing seams odd. I won't win any awards for my performance but I think it was a tad more personable.

Not only that but in the Koran version you tear the paper after the number is chosen which is MUCH weaker.

I love Al Koran and his books. His methods and thinking are brilliant. But I can't believe you'd say that lame clip is better. Its cool because its Koran....but that is about it.

But whats cool is YOU CAN THINK THAT. I can't change your mind nor do I want to. Just don't use it. Period.

But if you DO want an easy method that works ALL THE TIME and actually is part of my act. You can get it here for a very low price....

http://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/collect......entalism

This entire thread is hilarious to me because people love this effect.

Mind you...this is an effect that has been a hit at my lectures and one of the guys that just saw me lecture JUST posted.

Either everyone that has seen me lecture is wrong.....or some of y'all need to get a life. You be the judge....

And regarding the video. Give me a flippping break. I think often times if the DVD was presented in a Sterling Silver platter with MTV production people will still complain about DVD navigation or some other BS. This is part of what is wrong with magic.

If anyone REALLY wants to see my face I'll send you a head shot.

Later,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
So you build yourself up by putting Koran down.

That's classy Kranzo.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I just noticed that kranzo is an anagram of koran (if you remove the z).

I wonder if that has anything to do with the rivalry?
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
Ok, the reason I think this is a very poor version of this effect is because there are la lot a possibilities to switch the chosen paper in this video - and I think people will realise this too. If you ask them "what did you think of this effect?" thay will respond "he switched the paper" - period. I am performing a technical variation of the Berglas' Newspaper prediction, which is much much better than this version. Just check out the Berglas book, and you will understand why...
I am sure this version is very easy to perform - and that is the problem.
JJS
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
The clip seems to be edited. Why?
There is no one on stage when the counting is done!? That is suspect in itself...
hmmm... You think it is better than Koran's?

I love the arrogance!
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Nathan Kranzo Tearify Newspaper Mindreading DVd » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL