The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Chop by Craig Petty (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Chop Extras download available here guys. http://www.worldmagicstore.com/chop-extr......od0bmm45

Please read the text on the page to ensure that you download it correctly. The instructions are right there on the page. If you read the instructions there should not be any difficulty in you downloading the file.

The file is password protected and you will have to either have a good memory or watch your DVD to get the password. When you download the file, you will be sent an email with your password question so make sure to use a valid email address

Enjoy. The download has now been compressed to about 89mb.
jkwebber
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of jkwebber
Just watched the Chop Extra download. Lot's of great ideas to use (although I am still practicing doing the basic routine). The Extra download is about 35 minutes long.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1761 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Received and downloaded Chop Extra. Great stuff. However, Craig mentioned in his post dated May 12th there was going to be a section pertaining to the "Maintainence and Repair of the Gimmick". Perhaps I just missed it. Has anyone else found it?
123crampt
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of 123crampt
35 mins? doesn't it say like an hour and a half on the website?
123crampt
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of 123crampt
Nah your right, 35 mins.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1761 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Anyone see anthing about the "Maintainence and Repair of the Gimmick"?
dtextreme
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of dtextreme
There's no section about the "Maintaining and repairing of the gimmick". From reading the past few pages, I would assume one would be able to maintain it by clamping onto the black part of the gimmick to pull it out, then switching it with an un-gimmicked one's insert, albeit it being cut shorter.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1761 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Maintaining and repairing the gimmick pertains to the gimmick itself and that "something extra" and not necessarily the writing ability of it. "Something" has come loose inside the gimmicked ??? It has been spoken of by a number of people who have posted on this thread. Craig Petty had mentioned in his post dated May 12th and indicated there was going to be a section pertaining to the "Maintainence and Repair of the Gimmick". I have watched the Chop Extra download and have not seen it.
123crampt
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of 123crampt
Yea your right, try to fix it your self, you can't mess it up that badly. Smile
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
931 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
I fixed my gimmick yesterday, took less than 5 minutes and I was out performing with in 30 minutes later, it's really not that hard.

PM me if you need help.

P.S - This is the hands down effect of the year in my opinion.
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1613 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Quote:
On 2011-06-26 14:01, nonvpro wrote:
Maintaining and repairing the gimmick pertains to the gimmick itself and that "something extra" and not necessarily the writing ability of it. "Something" has come loose inside the gimmicked ??? It has been spoken of by a number of people who have posted on this thread. Craig Petty had mentioned in his post dated May 12th and indicated there was going to be a section pertaining to the "Maintainence and Repair of the Gimmick". I have watched the Chop Extra download and have not seen it.

nor did I so I just opened the pen up and fixed it.
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1761 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Chris,

PM sent.

nonvpro
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I performed a repair on mine as well without any difficulty. It was easier than I thought. Feel free to PM me if you are still having trouble.

Dan.
jonathandupree
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of jonathandupree
Quote:
On 2011-04-15 12:43, Chris Meece wrote:
Here it is Chris: http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/6d98/ $7.99 Absolutely perfect for this.

Do you have this? Will it really cut through a lemon?

Thanks
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
931 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
I don't own but a friend of mine does and yes it will cut through a lemon.
jonathandupree
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Ordered it along with chop today.
jonathandupree
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Actually I ordered a butt load of things today. I went on a magic bienge!
tomdeg
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Unfortunately, I recieved my "Chop" yesterday, but had to ship it back today, it seem's I got a defective DvD.
Would not play for me.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
2533 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On 2011-07-10 20:18, jonathandupree wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-04-15 12:43, Chris Meece wrote:
Here it is Chris: http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/6d98/ $7.99 Absolutely perfect for this.

Do you have this? Will it really cut through a lemon?

Thanks

We're all magicians here, don't we all have colour changing knives? Smile
escherwolf
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of escherwolf
<Sigh> I'm still waiting on my chop. It has been on backorder for weeks and still no sign of it on the horizon...
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
693 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Quote:

The file is password protected and you will have to either have a good memory or watch your DVD to get the password. When you download the file, you will be sent an email with your password question so make sure to use a valid email address

I got an invoice for the download emailed to me, but no mention of the password question. Does this come in a separate email?

- Frank
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
2858 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Have sent you a pm Frank.

If anyone else needs help with the password let me know.
I love shopping at www.magictao.co.uk
Gipstein
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
46 Posts

Profile of Gipstein
I got my Petty Chop today. Started to play with it but the DVD was defective. Penguin I sending a new one. Anyway, I love the Bill to Lemon ending. But I was also wondering if anyone has thought of using a dinner roll instead. Especially if one does not have a coat and is seated, or didn't want to deal with some juice, or simply didn't plan ahead? There was an old TT trick where you produced a bill this way. Very easy to load and then you just break the roll open and there is the bill. No TT needed most times. One would just need to grab a roll during the meal and put it in the lap and be ready to go. Craig, if you read this, what do you think? Maybe I will send a PM. Thoughts welcome. Looks like a great routine and playing with it I see how creative and clever it is. Thanks, Craig.
alivevitamins
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of alivevitamins
Quote:
On 2011-06-24 17:29, Jaz2005 wrote:
Chop Extras download available here guys. http://www.worldmagicstore.com/chop-extr......od0bmm45

Please read the text on the page to ensure that you download it correctly. The instructions are right there on the page. If you read the instructions there should not be any difficulty in you downloading the file.

Enjoy. The download has now been compressed to about 89mb.

I can't seem to find the directions to get the password for the extras X_X. Can anyone pm me and help? I own the DVD, just don't know how to unlock the extras ;_;
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
310 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Quote:
I can't seem to find the directions to get the password for the extras X_X. Can anyone pm me and help? I own the DVD, just don't know how to unlock the extras ;_;

Same problem here, would really appreciate a PM. Thanks! Smile
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
633 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
The password is something mentioned by Craig during the course of teaching the routine in the DVD.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Quote:
On 2012-03-01 17:56, Lundonia wrote:
Quote:

Same problem here, would really appreciate a PM. Thanks! Smile

Nevermind, the pw question was sent in an email about an hour after the download. Smile
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
MeHitDrum
View Profile
New user
Having too much fun to have more than
82 Posts

Profile of MeHitDrum
I just love using "Chop". I've been using it since last spring. One day I modified my routine by ending with the final load apparently in "The Light" by Christopher Congreave. Together, These work together incredibly well and are my best magic purchases of 2011 by far.
DavidLeeMagic.com
"...but we're magicians, and enjoy lying" -James Brown
froopy30
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of froopy30
So, I am looking for a different presentation for this one. don't want to copy what craig is doing, so I was looking for some kind of reason, why the ball is jumping, or something that explains the relationship of the ball to the cup.
How do you guys present Chop??
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Quote:
On 2012-04-19 10:43, froopy30 wrote:
So, I am looking for a different presentation for this one. don't want to copy what craig is doing, so I was looking for some kind of reason, why the ball is jumping, or something that explains the relationship of the ball to the cup.
How do you guys present Chop??

I have shortened it considerably. I like to start it like Craig with the "bar betcha" but I leave out the next phase where the ball appears on the table instead of the specs cupped hands.
I make it appear once or twice more, also in the specs hand but then I move right into the final load.

I think Craig does his routine wonderfully and it has a lot of variations. I mean, in how many entertaining ways can you actually make a little ball appear? It's a bit too long for me but Craig pulls it off nicely and makes it entertaining.

Read some other threads here at the café about regular chop cup routines and most guys thinks it's better to move on to the final loads and I have to agree.
www.jensmagi.se
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Chop by Craig Petty (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.274810 seconds, requiring 88 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [9] [5] [4] [2] [2] [3] [7]