The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Spring Break Camp - Magic Advice Needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
I have a Spring Break camp I am working and I need a few magic routines for the following topics:

1. Dinosaurs
2. Insects
3. Mummies
4. Ocean Life and Pirates

Any advice on routines that work well with these topics I would appreciate. Particularly looking for silk routines, production items that would be very good. Kindergarten program so please keep in mind these effects will be for little ones.

Thanks,

Bart
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Bart
Is this your usual method of researching a new show?
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
Not a show. I am teaching a class to Kindergarten kids. I don't have any effects that follow these lesson themes.

My shows are already pre-prepared along certain themes.

This is different. Do you have any suggestions?
HerraTaikuri
View Profile
New user
Helsinki, Finland
60 Posts

Profile of HerraTaikuri
If you know how to use a zombie ball, that could be tied into a mummy theme Smile
ku7uk3
View Profile
Inner circle
1747 Posts

Profile of ku7uk3
Are those themes set in stone? Or if we presented you with an entire show on a different theme, would that be useful for you?
Ring Tricks, Marketing Magic, Key Project and more!
www.amazingstephen.co.uk
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4294 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Here's 4 routines for you. Enjoy:

Get a silk with a picture of a dinosaur on it and put it in a ch**ge b*g. Show the bag empty then bring out your br**k-aw*y wand. Give it to a child. It breaks. Ah ha ha ha ha lmao! Get the children to say the magic words then all of a sudden a wonderous picture of a dinosaur appears in the bag.

Get a silk with a picture of a daddy-long-legs on it and put it in a ch**ge b*g. Show the bag empty then bring out your br**k-aw*y wand. Give it to a child. It breaks. Ah ha ha ha ha lmbo! Get the children to say the magic words then all of a sudden a wonderous picture of a daddy-long-legs appears in the bag.

Get a silk with a picture of a mummy on it and put it in a ch**ge b*g. Show the bag empty then bring out your br**k-aw*y wand. Give it to a child. It breaks. Ah ha ha ha ha lmho! Get the children to say the magic words then all of a sudden a wonderous picture of a mummy appears in the bag.

Get a silk with a picture of a pirate enjoying his oceany life on it and put it in a ch**ge b*g. Show the bag empty then bring out your br**k-aw*y wand. Give it to a child. It breaks. Ah ha ha ha ha lmulpo! Get the children to say the magic words then all of a sudden a wonderous picture of a pirate enjoying his oceany life appears in the bag.

I wouldn't do more than 3 of these routines in the same show, though.
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
No the topics are set in stone.

Where can I find silks with pictures of insects or a mummy on them?

I've looked around and seen nothing like this.

Thanks,

Bart
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Richard Hughes can make any design you want on silk!
http://www.hughesmagic.com
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4294 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Practical magic have butterfly silks.

Instead of mummy silks just produce some toilet roll and wrap yourself in it.

Instead of dinosaur silks just use blank silks and explain that dinosaurs didn't exist and that God planted a load of fossils cos he thought it would be good craic.

Instead of a pirate silk use any silk and claim it's a Somalian's bandana. Not banana! Ah ha ha ha lmbjpo!

I'm glad you like my ideas. Feel free to use them although I do have one proviso. I have recorded an mp3 of me saying "These wonderous routines are the product of Magic George's fertile mind. Magic George has a nice cat". If you could play this on a continuos loop while you perform them that would be great as not only will it make sure the routines are correctly credited it will also let people know how nice my cat is.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of  NJJ
I'd also like to use your ideas.

Do I have to wrap Bart in toilet paper or can I use someone else?
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4294 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Don't be so facetious, Johnson. Any texan clown wrapped in bog roll will do. As well you know.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Manchester, CT
2035 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
LOL George, you're ridiculous. Thanks for the laugh this morning. Sadly, your suggestion would probably work just fine for what our original poster is looking to do. I weep for magic.
BScott8870
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
231 Posts

Profile of BScott8870
George,

I didn't say I liked your ideas. I said I haven't seen silks with those images on them. Why do you have to hijack my thread with insults??

I would be happy to perform against you head up in front of a group of kids. I know I would hold my own against any Irishman!

I create my own routines and kids love my shows. Go back to the pub and have another pint George. If you have something really useful then post again.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4294 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Zing!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Spring Break Camp - Magic Advice Needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL