We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers » » Anyone get the Dec/Jan or Feb/March issues of Kidabra? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
...and I got mine today.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Wow, I am still waiting on all my dvd's and member info, and I signed up way before you did Mike. Smile Our postal service workers are about to go on strike, and it's been about three weeks waiting so far. If the strike happens...well, let's just say that I could be waiting even longer. I'm not even sure if my package has been shipped yet.

However, with that said, I am not worried about it. I know that I am in good hands. Smile I am proud to be a new member, and look forward to attending my first convention.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Dan,

You might want to make a phone call. I have yet to get my member card, etc...but I got the Journal.

I won't be going to the convention this year...perhaps next. If you are going then, please let me know...I'd love to meet up!
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
SKIP: Excellent article in the Feb/Mar issue!

CHAD: You made it in print buddy! You are listed in the back as a new member!
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I finally got my Journal in the mail today. I Can't wait to find some time to read it.

I haven't recieved any of the dvd's I ordered though, and can't figure out why it wasn't all just mailed at the same time in one package. Oh well.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6046 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
The Magazines are mailed through the publisher. Tami Daniel Sends the DVDs.
Dennis Michael
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Thanks Dennis. It should be noted that the Canada postal service where I live is absolutely terrible. I am not in any big rush for the DVD's, and Tami had been in touch with me when I first joined. I can be a big baby when it comes to recieving magic products late, especially products that I am excited to receive. Smile

In the meantime, I'm reading the Journal, and enjoying every minute of it.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6046 Posts

I understand there is a "strike" in the Canadian Postal Service. I am waiting for a Computer part and it has been a week and no response.
Dennis Michael
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
There is no strike in Canada for postal workers, at least not all at once anyways. They are taking shifts.(lol) My postal office has not gone on strike yet, and I recieved a postcard from Kidabra about the convention. This tells me that my dvd's were not even delivered yet. I really hate it when I have to phone or email someone to try and track down my products that I purchased almost a month ago. I shouldn't have to. Someone should be getting in contact with "me" to let me know what the heck is going on. Is there still on going family problems? What the heck? Some communication from Tami would be much appreciated.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I just now received my membership card and welcome letter.

Communication DOES seem to be an issue. Perhaps they need a non-family employee that can pick up the slack and keep the lines of communication open.

As a guy who does sales for a living, I can tell you that if I communicated like this to my customers, I would have very few left after a short while.

I think our association will grow and flourish, but we need to get past these potholes before it will.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Membership card? You mean we get one of those? Wow, I am so "not" impressed.

All I have received is the Journal, and the initial automatic email sent by Tami. Oh yay, and a postcard for the convention. I have not even received any word from anyone from Kidabra. This is very sad, and very unprofessional. I am a business owner, and this type of business practice should not be exceptable. I am giving it until the end of the weekend, then I have no choice but to report it to Paypal to recover my money back before the deadline. Because I used my credit card number through paypal, I will have to notify my credit card company as well. If this is how Kidabra operates, I think I will also un-join.

Sorry, but I find this to be disrespectable to me as both a new member and first time customer. Someone should have at least the decency to contact me with some kind of explaination.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I agree, Dan. Communication is a real problem. However, I think the mission of the organization is a good one, and I want to give them a chance. If things don't improve, I simply won't renew.

Join me in giving them a shot.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
You're right Mike. I think I woke up in a bad mood.

I too think the mission of the organization is a good one, and I was quick to forget the reasons why I finally decided to join in the first place.

My last post was a bit too harsh, but there does seem to be a on going communication problem. I can be extremely understanding when I know what is going on. When I don't know what's going on, I feel left in the dark, and the dark is a lonely scary place. Smile
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I think perhaps a [possible solution is to have one or two volunteers (or perhaps some of the chapter presidents) pitch in to help communicate with the membership.

I know the organization is still small by comparison, but there is no reason that some form of structure can't be put into place to help with this. I think as a result, the organization will grow and flourish.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6046 Posts

OK guys, here's my Two-cents, volunteers are welcome... How about it, I'm sure you can be a great help. Many of us are spread thin in helping. Skip Way helps with the conference, and the Journal as well as a full time performer. I help with the Chapters, this Thread, the KIDabra Website, the Journal, and the Conference, plus whatever is asked of me, and perform full-time. Why? Because we believe in the importance of this organization. I could go on and on what many of the others do to make KIDabra such a success.

Setting up and running a successful conference is not an easy task, I know this first hand.

One of the things I dislike is the spam I get from so many other organizations to all my email addresses, not just one but six or more of the same email, weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly. They go right into my junk folder.

KIDabra on the other hand, alternates, one month the Journal, and the next with a very informative newsletter. Any more than this it too would appear as spam.

Since it appears both Dan and Mike are good in customer relations, I'm sure KIDabra could use you in some way. It's easy to sit in the sidelines and make suggestions, the hard part is to follow-through with actions.

One thing I have learned from experience, is there usually is more to a story than one-side's opinion. I got complaints several-times that I never returned a birthday call. I couldn't because I didn't have caller ID and they never left a return number.
Dennis Michael
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Hey Dennis, this hasn't been a positive experience so far as a new member for me. I didn't join Kidabra to see what I can do for it. I joined to see what it can do for me. I'm sure eventually I may feel like I can contribute, but I'm still feeling things out.

I too am a very busy person. I betcha Mike is too. But, we can't go around and tell our clients and customers that we had no time to communicate because we were too busy. We can't stand before our clients with the same poor excuses you used. Let me remind you that we are all busy trying to make a living. What all that has to do with bad customer service and poor communication is beyond me. Are you saying that Kidabra is incapable of running properly because you are all over worked? I wish I knew this before joining.

A very simple email from someone explaining what's going on would be not only sufficient but appreciated. The continued lack of communication is a clear sign that nothing is being done about it.

We're talking about bad communication here Dennis. It maybe easy to sit on the side lines and make suggestions, but only a good organization will actually listen to those suggestions and make appropriate changes to fix the problems. I don't have any suggestions because I don't even know what the problem is.

A good organization wouldn't just takes someone's money and then not deliver on the products, and then fail to communicate with them for over a month.

It sounds like there are some issues with Kidabra that Kidabra feels are not important enough to take serious enough to fix. It sounds like Kidabra staff are over worked, and over burdened. It sounds like Kidabra folks are just too busy with everything else that they simply do not have time to mail out peoples products that they paid for.

In other words, I'm screwed? Is that how it goes?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6046 Posts

I sincerely apologize if my post sounded negative, it wasn't meant to be that way. I misread your post. You sounded very knowledgeable and thought you were ideal working with KIDabra.

I can't answer or speak for Mark and Tami, that would be over stepping my "bounds".

The KIDabra Staff is all volunteer and we enjoy doing what we do. The business end is handle by Mark and Tami, which I am not involved.

I'm sure there is more to this, and do know Tami was in the hospital recently. That could be a reason for not receiving an email from her. I don't know.

You are right, KIDabra is small, really small in membership considering the many thousands in SAM and IBM. This is not an excuse or justification.

I also know there has been problems with shipping to and from Canada. Donald Dunphy and I talk about this several times, where I usually get my Journal a week or two before he does, with only one exception he got the last one a week before I got mine. Also I have been waiting over two weeks for a laptop screen from a Canadian Corp, when it should have been 5-8 days. The point is there must be some extenuating circumstances here, which I wish I could help you with.

KIDabra has never ever "screwed" anyone. I will try to find out what the hold up is and PM you.
Dennis Michael
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Dennis, I too apologize.

I hope to be able to contribute to Kidabra in the future in any area I could be best utilized. I don't mean to imply that I'm just a taker, self centered at times,:) but I love to give of myself and my time. It's just that as a newbie I'm more focused on the benifits of being a member, and finding a place in this organization first.

There "is" more to the story, as I recently received an email explaining what is going on. I am very satisfied with the explanation, and feel bad as well. I was not aware of what was going on, and now that I do know I can only say that my respects go out to all those who put their heart and soul into this organization, and to those who make sacrifices for the sake of Kidabra's continued growth.

I also apologize for insinuating that I was getting screwed. My self centerness got the better of me.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I am more than willing to help where possible, Dennis. I said so a few pages back in this thread. It was one of the reasons I joined when I did. I was going to wait til they straightened the problems out...but decided to get involved to see what I could do.

So far...no response, with the exception of your post telling me that Mark and Tami are merely "lurkers" here.

My offer stands. I have limited time, but am willing to help.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2691 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On 2011-06-12 11:46, Dennis Michael wrote:
I sincerely apologize if my post sounded negative, it wasn't meant to be that way. I misread your post. You sounded very knowledgeable and thought you were ideal working with KIDabra.

I can't answer or speak for Mark and Tami, that would be over stepping my "bounds".

The KIDabra Staff is all volunteer and we enjoy doing what we do. The business end is handle by Mark and Tami, which I am not involved.

I'm sure there is more to this, and do know Tami was in the hospital recently. That could be a reason for not receiving an email from her. I don't know.

You are right, KIDabra is small, really small in membership considering the many thousands in SAM and IBM. This is not an excuse or justification.

I also know there has been problems with shipping to and from Canada. Donald Dunphy and I talk about this several times, where I usually get my Journal a week or two before he does, with only one exception he got the last one a week before I got mine. Also I have been waiting over two weeks for a laptop screen from a Canadian Corp, when it should have been 5-8 days. The point is there must be some extenuating circumstances here, which I wish I could help you with.

KIDabra has never ever "screwed" anyone. I will try to find out what the hold up is and PM you.

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire but I too had the same problems a year or two ago,.....Lack of communication...no receipt of items due me, etc. I joined because, I was looking to improve in this arena and partake of what was offered. The answers/explanations given me regarding problems were different but had the same result. I just felt I was waisting my money and quite frankly I don't want to do that. The conference sounds great and everyone involved seems sincere but if I ran my business in the same manner I'd be out of business. That statement is not meant to be hurtful in any way it is just fact. I too received "several" postcards advertising the upcoming conference as well as renewal notices. My confidence is just not here to send in my money although I really would like too..........Like I mentioned on a previous post a year or so ago after being chided that there were extenuating personal issues, that it would be nice to let us know about it so that maybe we could help in some way. Oh well!
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers » » Anyone get the Dec/Jan or Feb/March issues of Kidabra? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL