The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » NUMBERS By Rus ANDREWS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Picard
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Picard
Quote:
On 2011-04-11 09:07, Picard wrote:
And the cards are ALWAYS dealt face down.

I realized I wasn't too precise with my wording here. I wanted to say that the cards are always dealt FROM the face down deck (and are of course turned over one by one to show they are all different).
No need to ever ask the spectator to turn the cards over and deal them from the face up deck. (I am saying this because that was one of my ideas until I bought the effect)
So for every possible number it looks pretty much the same (and perfectly natural).
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3597 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I like this a LOT!!!!!!
It reminds me a little of X Ray(Ben Harris Steve Shufton)in it's totally hands off approach.

I am now playing with the idea of using one deck for NUMBERS and X RAY

Steve
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Glad you like it

I am not familiar with X-ray?

I will check it out

Thanks for you comments

Best

R
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
2175 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Looks good Rus!
Im happy that you coming up with some good ideas.
;)
myshadow
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of myshadow
I received this yesterday and am pleased to say that it does exactly what everyone else says it does. A great effect which is quick and easy to do. I think the speed with which it can be done is important as sometimes there is a need to get the job done and take the applause (or stunned silence). On those occasions when there is mileage to be gained from prolonging the effect then this can also be done. Greta stuff - congratulations Rus.

Brian
Card-chaos
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Card-chaos
This has some amazing applications, I've got some great ideas using this.

Great stuff rus
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
eMentalism.com
1634 Posts

Profile of Prager
You can now get it as an instant download at: http://www.mentalshockproductions.com

I don't perform with cards but this... this is AMAZING!

NUMBERS is the only reason I carry a deck of cards.

When Rus showed it to me, I LOVED it so much that I wanted to be a little part of NUMBERS so I offered to design the PDF.
eMentalism.com: SECRET PRODUCTS FOR MENTALISTS
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
2175 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Just received this and I have to say that is really,really good!
Is really hands off and I like the use of the priciples involved.
BRAVO RUS!
:)
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2230 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I performed it yesterday. It simply blows people away. I like to give the prediction to the spectator to hold so there is no chance that I could switch (that is different than the demo). Further, I make sure when I hand the cards to the spectator that I say that I will not touch the cards again. When I performed yesterday, the gentleman changed his mind three times on the number. When the prediction hit, he just laughed for 2 minutes straight. Again, great thinking Rus.
Twitter: @GSBKY and Author of "Inspired"
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi All

thankyou again for all the positive feed back

Im glad people are putting something that ive worked real hard at to use in the working world.

Just a note that my DVD is now avaliable:

US with free shipping: http://www.madaboutmagic.com/p37020/Bold......nfo.html

UK and International with free shipping: http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p20229/Bold_-......nfo.html

We are taking pre-orders on the DVD now and including a download of BOLD with every order. That way when you order the DVD you can download BOLD right now and start learning it. The DVD will dispatch out at the end of April to everyone who orders.

The download version offer will end on the 1st May, and then will be available individually to purchase at the same price as the DVD

All the best

R
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1162 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Had this for ages but only recently got round to trying it out. It's really really great!

The plus points for me on this one are that it is ACTUALLY hands off (a lot of things pretend to be), everything can be so casual (if you want it to be or could be MASSIVE and intense) and holds up to scrutiny. The prediction can be opened by the spectator, the cards turned over by the spectator, it's easy to perform.

Gonna be doing this a lot in the future! Recommend this to anyone looking for a great addition to their set (this will go in)

If for any reason someone buys this and doesn't like it, read it again and try it out, if you don't like it you are wrong. (in my opinion)

similar to other work by Rus, this reads very openly and I'm confident this could be adapted to suit most people.

A really exciting piece of work.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Thanks for your review Adam, glad you like the effect.

I'm currently working on a second ebook with a variation of ideas using methods similar to this.

Thanks again to all that have purchased this and supported my work. Means a lot.

Also thanks to mentalshockproductions.

All the best

R
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
eMentalism.com
1634 Posts

Profile of Prager
Quote:

Also thanks to mentalshockproductions.

It is a pleasure offering ideas from a great mind.
eMentalism.com: SECRET PRODUCTS FOR MENTALISTS
Card-chaos
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Card-chaos
Just wondered if anyone that has this has tried the bonus idea of using two decks?

I tried it last night and I was brilliant! Totally stunned the spectators that took part.

Very clever, if you haven't tried this yet give it a go.
Picard
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Picard
Quote:
On 2011-04-17 10:36, Card-chaos wrote:
Just wondered if anyone that has this has tried the bonus idea of using two decks?

I tried it last night and I was brilliant! Totally stunned the spectators that took part.

Very clever, if you haven't tried this yet give it a go.

I like the idea but what bothers me is if spectators select let's say numbers 24 and 31 - there is a slight difference in handling. I am not sure how to deal with it.
I still prefer regular version.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
In response to the above, the two deck version is very strong and is truly baffling to laymen.

Yes you may have to handle the spectator a bit differently but the handlin is so minor it would go unnoticed.

It's all down to good audience management.

All the best

R
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... two of me is one too much ..
2579 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Please read my thoughts about it in "Penny for your Thoughts". Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Any further questions regarding this effect feel free to contact myself of J Prager.

Glad this effect has so many people thinking and creating.

All the best

R
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
4078 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I just got this. It was a little hard to understand what to do but after reading it a few times I finally understood it.

This is a very cool idea!

Ray
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
705 Posts

Profile of magico
Quote:
On 2011-04-22 00:07, Magical Dimensions wrote:
I just got this. It was a little hard to understand what to do but after reading it a few times I finally understood it.

Ray

I have to agree. I had to run thru it a couple of times as well.
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Apologies magical dimension and magico for any confusion, any further problems just let me know.

Thankyou for all the above comments.

All the best

R
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
4078 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-04-23 03:40, Rus ANDREWS wrote:
Apologies magical dimension and magico for any confusion, any further problems just let me know.

Thankyou for all the above comments.

All the best

R

I really like this effect, The instructions could be re-written to make them a little more understood. LOL

This effect is a real KEEPER! It is hands off and that is what I like about it.

Ray
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2230 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2011-04-22 00:07, Magical Dimensions wrote:

Ray

FYI--I had a couple of questions and PMed Rus and he got back to me right away. Performed this 4 times yesterday and each one was killer.
Twitter: @GSBKY and Author of "Inspired"
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
4078 Posts

I really think that I have a wonderful improvement on NUMBERS!

R
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi magical dimensions

I too have got some great new handlings and variations that I am currently writing up, also with contributions from members of the Café.
If you would like me to add your idea, send it over.

Numbers was a foundation for a fountain of thoughts that have been sent to me.

All the best and thankyou for taking an interest in my work.

All the best

R
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
This is a terrific effect and I'm very happy with it. After reading the PDF for the first time, I thought: this looks like a lot of memorywork. But after practising NUMBERS a couple of times, I picked the routine up quickly. It looks more complicated than it is because the instructions are not written down in a logical way. You have to experiment with it to get the principle in your head. On the other hand: Rus answered a question by me within a couple of hours bij email.
I still don;t know if I should take the cards out of the box or the spectator. In my experience laypeople are rather clumsy with cards. They take the deck out and some cards with fall on the ground or some cards are left in the box and those cards are put back somewhere in the deck. Magicians like to have an effect that is 'hands of' but I think a spectator cares less. If you take out the deck very slowly and just with your fingertips, every spectator will be sure that weren't any strange things going on.

Frans
andre46
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of andre46
At first I˘d like to add my own enthusiasm for NUMBERS, too! It˘s a very, very clever effect and one of the really few ACAAN versions that have the additional feature of being hands off. Furthermore, it uses a normal deck of cards, which is even more rare for this type of effect! I highly recommend it (and believe me, I have dozens of ACAAN versions, both with regular decks or with a various range of gimmicks as well. Unfortunately, the vast majority of them are very frustrating, and by this I don˘t mean whether their methods are appealing or not to us, the magicians, but I˘m referring to the fact that their handlings/methods are illogical and very far from convincing the spectators that using a prearranged deck of cards we have predicted their card/number combination which they are selecting at this very moment!). And, fvdbeek, I rather don˘t agree with you as to how bringing out the deck. Simply put, if I would take out the cards myself, I would certainly prefer to perform other “first line” versions, as are those of John Born, Ken Krenzel or Allan Ackerman! The beauty of NUMBER˘s version is that the performer doesn˘t get his hands on the cards-at any moment of the process. Thanks for the excellent effect, Rus!! And, by the way, what is that rumor I heard lately about a new effect called SCORCHED THOUGHTS? I˘m very interested for this effect! Will you market it in the form of an ebook, too?
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi

Thanks for the great feedback and glad you like te effect.

How did you hear about scorched thought??? This is somewhat of a secret project I've been working on.
I wanted to finish glimmer before I continued work on scorched thought.

It will be complete soon and a video demo will be posted.

Thanks again for your interest in my work

R
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
>Simply put, if I would take out the cards myself

That would also be my favourite choice. But I' ve seen too many people that are not skillfull with cards. What do you do in that case ? (i.e a card is dropped and put somewhere in the deck)
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
I can see how this may concern people, in my experience the cards are either going to be dropped from the top or the bottom of the deck so as long as you keep a keen eye you should be able to tell where to place the cards back?

This has never happened to me as of yet, as it's a relaxed effect so there is no rush, hence the spectator will normally take thier time, ALSO most spectators don't normally want to feel like they are going to muck up your trick so they are normally quite careful.

As I mentioned so far this has never happened to me performing this and I performed this pretty much every gig I've done as a closer at tables.

R
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » NUMBERS By Rus ANDREWS (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.218082 seconds, requiring 104 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [8] [4] [4] [8] [1] [7] [4]