The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Which to Buy? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

William Draven
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
236 Posts

Profile of William Draven
I am going to be adding onto my bizarre magic collection shortly, but I am so torn between the Duel Morphic Spirit Lamp full set from unleashyourdreams.co.uk and the Death Toll spirit bell from Bruce Ballon. Sadly, the budget will only allow the purchase of one of these effects. Has anyone any experience with either? I'll be glad to post a review once I've had a chance to play with it after I get what ever one I do settle on.

Thanks.
Will
WDavis
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of WDavis
I experienced the death toll at mindvention. well made, the bell is innocent looking, I liked it alot.
routines I am sure you already have.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Inner circle
The frosty North
9336 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hi Bruce here...

The Bell versus the Spirit Lamp are apples versus Oranges... choose based on the premise of your act. All I can say is that the bell can be used for many utility style approaches... including dual reality effects. I am biased, but the manual I whipped up for the bell is more for a general approach to all spirit bells and their use...

But if you have any questions about the Bell, Chris Taylor and I would be happy to elaborate.

But really, go with the premise of the routine/show of what you want to present and then it will be clearer what to get IMHO
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"

www.carcosa-collection.com
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
My understanding of the two--and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong--is that the Spirit Lamp requires you to be closer to operate than does the Bell. However, as Bruce pointed out, choose based on the premise of your act.
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
I agree with Dr. Spector and dmkraig that premise is the driving consideration. That being said, I'll throw something else into the mix: Departed @ Outlaw. (I don't have the spirit lamp or bell, but do have Departed and have several interesting presentation which fit this effect). I would be willing to discuss through PM if interested. Or, Dr. Spector recently had a contest where several fantastic routines were sent in for the bell. Reading these submissions made me want to get a bell also (as the routines would not fit the Departed).
Jon W.
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Jon W.
I have a spirit bell, although not the exact one you are researching. In general though I think because a bell has a visual and auditory component it can really enhance a story/effect and creep out those who witness the ringing. I do not have the spirit lamp yet, but am pondering purchasing that myself in the near future. The advantage of that from what I gather is you would have the additional props to incorporate along with the lamp itself and it is more affordable. I will be curious to get your feedback/review on whichever product you choose.

Jon
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1757 Posts

Profile of docsteve
There's nothing quite like a chime in the darkness! Take it from me, it's a great mOment.
I will show some video next week of a seance we've been doing nightly for the last 2 weeks. However we need to finish the run first this weekend.
[
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
905 Posts

Profile of necroloid
One other factor to consider: when do you need the prop. ULYD and TI ,in my experience, have been very quick in delivery. Outlaw Golden Gun props can take up to 8 months to ship!
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
537 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
I purchased THE DEPARTED this year and received it within 14 days of the order. I wouldn't worry about slow shipment for that item. I purchased Tim's DEAD RINGER last year from HOCUS POCUS. Both are incredible items and it is nice to have a variety to keep performances fresh (very important when working with the dead.)

Posted: Mar 24, 2011 6:16am
Doc Steve, I would LOVE to see your video. Looking forward to that!
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
905 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Quote:
On 2011-03-24 06:14, steven-gibson wrote:
I purchased THE DEPARTED this year and recieved it within 14 days of the order. I wouldn't worry about slow shipment for that item. I purchased Tim's DEAD RINGER last year from HOCUS POCUS. Both are incredible items and it is nice to have a variety to keeep performances fresh (very important when working with the dead.)

Well steve you are very lucky. the 12 or so things I have ordered have all taken at least 3-6 months to ship.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Which to Buy? (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.128459 seconds, requiring 34 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [9] [9] [9] [3] [3] [7] [1]