The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2011 entrée: Morgan Strebler » » "We Stand On The Shoulders Of Giants" » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
Salutations Again Sir..

Obviously everyone needs 'Originality' in their work.. but who has been 'Inspiration' for your work? your 'Character'? your 'Performance'?

Also do you find it a big jump to go from 'Psychokinesis' onto 'Stage'.. and are you able to blend 'Psychokinesis' into bits of your 'Stage Routine'?

Fare Ye Well and Merry Part
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
Since this is the last.. or second to last day you will here.. thought I would slip one more in that stays on subject..

Whats your thoughts on people releasing effects that are either 'Variations' of published material.. or 'Based' off them.... and how do you strive for 'Originality'?
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
I am so glad that you asked that second question Darth =). I look forward to reading your response Morgan!
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
455 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
I remember as a young child watching David Copperfield's TV specials, and dreaming of being a magician one day. He was my first major influence in magic, and remains one to this day! Banachek has been a huge influence on my PK work, and he is the cream of the crop of mentalism.

I've been blessed to have some great mentors as well. Franz Harary was my teacher for stage illusions. He is literally a genius, and the wealth of information I've learned from him has been priceless. I'm also a student of Paul Vigil. In my opinion I consider Paul to be the best magician in the world working today. He has made me a better performer, and the knowledge he has past down to me has nearly made my head explode. LOL

I think a lot of magic today is built on the foundation and methods of the past. I see nothing wrong with improving effects, and creating different variations. I do however think you should credit, and get permission from the original creator. The best way to be original IMO is don't watch other magicians. The downside to this is that I've created several effects that never went to market, because after I created them I found out someone else had already done it. The upside is that it keeps me thinking outside of the box. That's just my personal opinion though.

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2011 entrée: Morgan Strebler » » "We Stand On The Shoulders Of Giants" » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL