The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » The Jinx Companion, a reader's guide to The Jinx (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
677 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Jeff, have you seen the Trapdoor Vol 1 hardbound volume? Steve Beam is annotating each issue in an appendix, and I love it!

Thanks for the nice words, Duane. Unfortunately the book isn't quite think enough to allow a title on the spine, per our printer's requirements. I miss it too.
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
677 Posts

Profile of Gordon
By the way, Houdini's Magic Shop not only has Jinx in PDF on disc, you can still get the hardback reprint from them too.

And, I just noticed today, that they're offering a less expensive softbound reprint too. That would be only $60 for whole set.

http://www.houdini.com/
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
677 Posts

Profile of Gordon
The Jinx Companion sold out at Magic Live. Did you pick up a copy from H&R's booth?
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
677 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Not only is The Jinx Companion now back in stock. Steve Beam in his fantastic Trapdoor Volume 2 says “Track it down. You should find it fun and more than worth your time.”
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
677 Posts

Profile of Gordon
If you're still on the fence, check out the review of The Jinx Companion in Genii. Jamy Ian Swiss says “This is like taking a jungle safari with a guide who loves the terrain. It’s a trip you shouldn’t miss.”
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
677 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Thanks to David Ben for recommending The Jinx Companion in MAGICOL. And for suggesting that The Phoenix would make a worthy follow-up. We'll think it over. Smile
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
677 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Thanks to Gabe Fajuri for recommending The Jinx Companion in the May issue of MAGIC. Check out his review for the details.
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
677 Posts

Profile of Gordon
If you're an S.A.M. member, don't miss the review in the May issue of M.U.M.
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
677 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Do you have an iPad? The Jinx Companion is now available in the iBookstore for your reading pleasure. Here's a link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/jinx-companion/id550859086
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1121 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
I ordered from Amazon and was surprised to read on the back page the book came from Lexington, Ky, with a date of 5 August, 2012. Talk about hot off the press.......

My weekly visits to the magic shop in the late forties always ended up with a copy of Hugards Magic Monthly, The Bat, Genii, Sphinx or the Jinx. Great reading for a 10 year old kid learnin' all those big magic words.

BTW my middle name is Gordon. Maybe were related if your rich.
Et tu, Spartacus?
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
677 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Thanks, Spartacus. Hope you love it. If I get rich, I'll definitely keep you in mind, brother.
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
677 Posts

Profile of Gordon
If you're in Chicago, you can pick up a copy of The Jinx Companion at the nation's oldest family-owned magic shop--Magic Inc. Rumor has it they even have a signed copy in stock.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » The Jinx Companion, a reader's guide to The Jinx (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.125217 seconds, requiring 56 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [1] [6] [5] [1] [8] [3] [5] [3]