The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » PK Ring - (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rdwinc
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of rdwinc
I'm looking for a high quality PK Ring - that can stand up for everyday wear. I think my last one lasted just over a week. -
Thanks
David
David Sacks

Wheaton, Maryland
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
I believe you will have to accept the fact that PK rings are fragile and brittle. That is the inherent physical property of it. You'll need to just wear it in anticipation or prior to well knowing you will be using it.
Heck, it can crack even wearing it from attracting something to fast and with the right amount of weight.

I'll check back later if someone knows of such a ring that can handle the rigors of long periods of wear.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
The Wizard rings are the only way to go.

Randi
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Been using my ring from Supermagnetman for 2 years or so. Great quality.

Jim
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
An alternative is to use Hank Morfins "The Any Ring PK Gimmick". Not in use until you need it. 2 second get ready. So any ring you already wear can be utilized. Just a thought.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
434 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
I have mine broken one week ago.It just fall from my hands without placing force on it.I had it for more than one year without problems and as far as I can see the magnetiv powers that are developped inside make it even more fragile.personally I do not know the "any ring pk gimmick" but from what I believe it is, you will not get the power that pk rings have.
buy a wizard ring, be more careful and if it breaks you can exchange it for a new one with 6 gbp ( http://www.worldmagicstore.com/wizard-ri......4d07l456 )
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Looks like an online transaction is going down tonight. - speaking for myself.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Thanks Guys.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Awe man I Love Wizard OK rings but have gone through four.... More or less becuase of me, I was wearing it everyday and slammed my hand on a table one day and BANG!!!! Broke, another I was doing out-laws Scorpion and BANG Broke, another I was doing a floating ring and BANG!!!! Broke, last one I just lost....
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Harry,

The Any Ring PK Gimmick is stronger than any PK ring. I have both.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
In emergency cases like sliding a Michael Night gimmick under a ring on my right ring finger that I pull slightly towardds the middle of the lower knuckle. The magnet is under the outer end of middle knuckle and not at the base of the ring finger: this is a much more convenient location for the magnet offering a more versatile choice of moves (including as a side magnet for C&Bs)

Another solution for a better magnet location is to position it where it's the most convenient and to cover it with a band aid. It's an interesting fact that spectators are not "aware" of the band aid even though it is plainly visible. This enables to position the mag**t optimally for whatever use you may need it.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
rdwinc
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of rdwinc
I like the Band-aid idea! - I'm going to try it this weekend..

Thanks
David
David Sacks

Wheaton, Maryland
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Ot eevery one places the band aid at the same place
Eric Jones places it on its inner forearm for production and he developped very smart moves to be able to steal a coins set in front of the people without them seeing it

Another (sorry I forgot the name) stuck it behind his neck with an opening up to load or ditch a coin while rubbing his elbow with the other hand

I'm sticking it on the inner part of the second knuckle of the ring finger (not in the middle but closer to the tip of the finger) for doing an impromptu (side) chop cup anywhere with any cup (but having to supply the balls and the large load)

This is so versatile that, for sure, there are some use that we didn't think about as yet
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
DavidAusten
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of DavidAusten
Im looking for a new one as well. I only had my ring for a week when it broke into 2 pieces,I thought it was just me and my bad luck but I was wearing it every day too.Are all the rings sized the same or will it vary a little?I think ill buy multiples this time,a back up wouldnt go astray.Love the band aid idea as well Lawrence.
DavidAusten
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of DavidAusten
..also,is the Vortex ring that much better than a standard one?
thanks.
k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
283 Posts

Profile of k
A great idea would be to use a band aid with a mini neomidium ala "i cut myself opening a prediction envellope, who said Magic wasn't without risks?"

(Got this idea from the Café)
I'm just a blind Con that lost his I...
remember, Magic's everywhere... ("Your are the magic !" - Albert Goshman)

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » PK Ring - (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL