The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dog Soldiers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Has Dog Soldiers the new werewolf movie opened over in the USA yet?
Interested in what people think of it.
Opens in the UK on May 10th.

Paul
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
575 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
Dog Soldiers has not opened here in the States, and there is no tentative release date. I am speculating it's going to go straight to video and DVD, only because it's not being hyped at all and I doubt they would release it around the same time as SPIDERMAN and STAR WARS EPISODE 2. A common ploy these days is to wait until they have their European sweep and then they remarket it for the US audience (ala Brotherhood of the Wolf, Iron Monkey, Legend of Drunken Master, etc.), Just a hunch. A shame because I am eager to see it. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know!
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Interesting, I was under the impression it was a U.S. movie but it obviously isn't.

Maybe like with Brotherhood of The Wolf I'll be able to tell you how good it is first for a change Smile

Iron Monkey and Legend of Drunken Master, never circulated in the U.K.

Paul.
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
575 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
Even more interesting! I think it’s a British film, but I guess I’ll have to check. Oh, if you haven’t seen Jackie Chan’s LEGEND OF DRUNKEN MASTER (Any version will do), I highly recommend giving yourself a treat. Chan is an incredible artist and I think this movie defines his style and will remain one of, if not THE Greatest martial arts movie of all time. The last 20 minutes is some of the greatest movie magic I’ve ever seen. If you haven’t seen it, check it out.

You into werewolf movies for some reason, Paul?
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Into good ones, of which there have been very few, lol.
I prefered the original Howling To American Werewolf in London, though both good. The Hammer one was interesting with Oliver Reed as was Company of Wolves and the recent Brotherhood of the Wolf (though there wasn't a real werewolf in that).

The one based on the Whitley Streiber book years back was intelligently plotted but the book was far better, the animals in the movie were so disappointing, looking just like regular wolves, in the book they are definitly different.

The Nicholsen "Wolf" has some witty dialogue but was really no more than an inflated tv movie, with awful make up effects because the money had been spent on the stars salaries.

Ginger Snaps was a bit too quirky, you just did not sympathise with any of the characters at all.

There have been some very enjoyable vampire movies, I just think the good old werewolf has been sold short. Smile

I just like good movies full stop, they don't have to be horror. SF, action, thriller or comedy will do for me. As long as they are good!

Paul Hallas.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
It IS a British film, advertising it in TV here at the moment for a release next week. Newspaper critic reviews I've seen have been excellent.

Will post again when I've seen it.
Paul.
Daniel Meadows
View Profile
Veteran user
Manchester, UK
392 Posts

Profile of Daniel Meadows
Saw the preview today. I think I'll be taking a trip before the exam season starts, oh and then there will be Star Wars; who needs a degree anyway....
Cerberus Wallet, Equilibrium, Counterfeit, Deadly Marked Deck, Infamous, Instinct
Mike Robbins
View Profile
Elite user
Anchorage, Alaska
447 Posts

Profile of Mike Robbins
Is there a web site for it?
The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
Shakespeare
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Don't know about a web site for it but I saw it yesterday. It's a good horror flick. Imagine "Assault on Precinct 13" but with 7ft werewolves and you will be close.

Not a big budget movie (it's a Brit film, we don't do big budget)but they make the most of what they've got. Good acting, good story. Those wolves are mean and there are no wimps in this movie. Someone's guts hanging out? Push 'em back in and superglue his flesh together!

I'd say there was some snappy dialogue but you might think it was a pun. I'd quote you my favourite line from the movie but it would only get censored here. Smile

Hope it eventually reaches U.S. screens, it deserves to do well.

Paul.
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
575 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
It's official. Dog Soldiers will air on US TV on June 15th (Sci Fi channel) and is supposed to be out on video and DVD before the end of the year. A shame, it sounded like a good darkened theater movie.

Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Hope you managed to catch it Fingerjack. A friend rang me from over there to tell me she enjoyed it, but she wished I'd told her how gory it was going to be she was having a late meal when it was on, lol.

I'm just surprised it could end up on the SF channel so soon. It deserved a US cinema release, but then, being a foreign movie probably had something to do with it.

Paul.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dog Soldiers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL