The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Chinese Chopsticks by Colin Rose (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Docc Spurlock
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago & Arizona
165 Posts

Profile of Docc Spurlock
Chinese Chopsticks by Colin Rose... Anyone have this and how good is it?
Would like some info before I purchase this.
Thanks
"CREATOR OF THE FLOATING FLAME TO DOVE"

If you are always looking back you can't see what's in front of you so when you bump your head again you have no one to blame but yourself!
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
I was just checking it out myself, it does look quite natural & magical.

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Docc Spurlock
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago & Arizona
165 Posts

Profile of Docc Spurlock
Thanks.... is there a video on this .

If you are always looking back you can't see what's in front of you so when you bump your head again you have no one to blame but yourself!
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
Docc Spurlock
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago & Arizona
165 Posts

Profile of Docc Spurlock
Thanks

Docc Spurlock
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago & Arizona
165 Posts

Profile of Docc Spurlock
Does not look to good. Maybe its the person handling it??? LOL

Engine
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Engine
Looks like it has potential but might also need to be viewed at a specific angle as it hits the cup. Does anyone have this yet?
sam2452
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of sam2452
I got this about a week now. I'm very happy with this item. The angle is only for front views. This trick is good for parlor magic. I hope that help.
DavidAusten
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of DavidAusten
Will it work for table hopping?Im performing for some Chinese tourists and think it will fit right in.
espresto
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of espresto
I like this effect as well. I will be travelling to china a lot this year and I can see how this effect and patter would fit into the story of Zao Jun, the Chinese Kitchen God - much better than the Hoffman wand - at least for me.
espresto
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of espresto
Well, after watching the video several times I decided to buy this. chinese chopsticks arrived today. it is not hard to perform mechanically, but it will take some practice to get the flow down to make it appear magical. the product is well made and instructions are very clear. I really like this effect and it has inspired me to break out the chinese rice bowls, paper tear, etc for a nice chinese style presentation. I am very satisfied with this purchase.
Navy
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Navy
I am glad to hear all of this as I just purchased them on line Friday night and loved the clip.....
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Colin Rose has failed to let me down yet...I think I'll look into these.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Navy
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Navy
I received today from SEO magic my set of Chinese Chopsticks. Along with it a nice metallic pail (small sized) which will make a beautiful ringing sound if you tap the stick on the pail while it is sitting on the table. If you hold it, the pail will not ring. The sound becomes muffled. I love the entire concept and I am certain with practice, this will definitely be a wonderful piece of magic sure to be a classic. I do find at the moment my hand cramping and holding the sticks extremely awkward, but as I said, I have only owned this a few hours. In time I will be able to overcome and adapt and with my own modifications once I figure things out, I am going to own a great and beautiful routine.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On 2011-06-02 23:40, espresto wrote:
Well, after watching the video several times I decided to buy this. chinese chopsticks arrived today. it is not hard to perform mechanically, but it will take some practice to get the flow down to make it appear magical. the product is well made and instructions are very clear. I really like this effect and it has inspired me to break out the chinese rice bowls, paper tear, etc for a nice chinese style presentation. I am very satisfied with this purchase.

That's an excellent idea! I have not seen this yet but you peaked my interest. I haven't heard of the "paper tear". I will search that one as well.

Looking forward to more reviews as more use it.

Thanks,

Mike
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
591 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
For such an act, I'd also recommend the Chop Cup Teacup (second one down at the link)...
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
Navy
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Navy
In all fairness the article that I wrote above, just as I thought, that awkward feeling is gone. It's a matter of smoothing it out. I really like this beautiful prop and highly recommend it.....
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I wonder if they'd make it with different currency?
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
591 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
I've been considering attempting to change the currency... and it doesn't look that difficult... but I'd prefer not to destroy it...
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
I love the concept and the effect also!

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Chinese Chopsticks by Colin Rose (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL