The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Nick Trost's Intuition (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Hi everybody,

I know this is an old thread, but I wondered if anyone knew of an efficient way to set up the two decks in Intuition? The trick is beautiful, but the set-up is pretty tedious.
rosstrainer08
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of rosstrainer08
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2013, captainsmiffy wrote:
unless I am totally misreading dear old Nicks intent, the reset does not appear to work as written

I have found this also to be an issue, going to work on figuring out the reset as I'm sure it isn't too hard to work out although if anyone has the structure feel free to post or PM.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Hi rosstrainer,

Please let me know if you find anything. I wasn't aware of a problem with the reset.

There's a lengthy discussion on a thread that I started about how to set up the cards in the first place. I think it has the phrase "computer scientists" or "computer scientists to the rescue" in it.
WayneBurrows
View Profile
New user
Palmerston North, New Zealand
72 Posts

Profile of WayneBurrows
Here is a performance in Portuguese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXllQnYXzvo
WayneBurrows
View Profile
New user
Palmerston North, New Zealand
72 Posts

Profile of WayneBurrows
I do not know Intuition but having watched the above video you can do this effect with any two decks that are in opposite orders. There are many similar effects with one deck in mirror stack order where you can get a matching pairs in each half.

Since I like memorised deck work I would just use two decks in a memorised deck order and reverse one deck.

To reset the magicians deck just needs one card turned back over and the order of the cards counted to the table in the reversed.

The spectators deck needs the cards counted to the table reversed and then put back on the top of the deck with the selected card returned to its place in the deck.
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
Scale down and use the twenty two major arcana cards of two tarot decks (ideally with m***** backs). Memorise a story to remember the cy***** S****

"A young man (fool) goes out (chariot) into the world (world) to seek his fortune (wheel). He travels by day (sun) and by night under the moon (moon) and the stars (stars).
First he visits the Emperor who advises him that true strength (strength) comes from having an army! However the empress begged to differ. Love (love) was the answer to everything! The young man thus went away confused and decided to seek wiser counsel from the High priest (hierophant) and the High priestess (High priestess). They were fortunately both of agreement that true power lay in being just (justice) in all circumstances. This need not mean escaping from tne world completely (The Hermit). Rather it more properly meant excercising restraint (Temperance) in all things. The young man, however, soon fell into bad company and was maliciously led asray by an evil sorcerer (Magician). The result was disasterous (The Tower) for he was thrown into prison to await his fate (Judgement). On an icy cold November morning he was hung (The hanged Man) until his death (Death). A hellishly (Devil) unfair ending to a promising life I think we will all agree."

Smile
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
WayneBurrows, What a simple, elegant solution! So the cards need only be set up once, and then can easily be rest after each performance.

Andy, I love story tricks. I'm having trouble understanding how your story pertains to Trost's Intuition trick. (Also, I'm unable to decode cy******S*****.) Thanks for any clarification.

Bob
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
Bob, Will PM you. Too much reveal for my liking on this open thread.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, Andy.
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Re the RESET - I just checked my copy of Magic of Nick Trost...

When you count through some of each deck face up, the order of those cards is reversed.

It is clear from his description that he wanted this trick to be doable without needing to memorise a specific stack order. It is the relationship between the two decks that matters. (i won't reveal more details of the method here). So the reset he suggests does NOT restore the deck to their original orders. It doesn't need to. It puts them both in a NEW order that is ready to do the same trick again. I.e. the same relationship to each other.

ALSO - I like the Portuguese video (I can't see any videos in the other link, just blank space where they should be). Trost's version has the performer reverse his card behind his back. This would be even more baffling but require a bit more skill. In the video the performer looks through the deck to find which one to reverse. A lot easier, and still very magical.

AND - I like the idea of using a marked deck!
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Just another thought -
What makes this effect really amazing for me is the fact that you count through the cards together face up at the end, and they are all different. This camouflages the method brilliantly.

(PS. In the portuguese video he does NOT do the reset properly as described by Trost)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Nick Trost's Intuition (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL