The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Tommy Wonder cups and balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
vmendoza
View Profile
Veteran user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
392 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
Been doing Tommy's routine since the late 80's and it's a everybody fooler. In fact, this routine is so beautifully constructed that there are at least two additional spots where loads can be inserted into the routine. At one point, I use the line, "Ain't that a peach." and out comes a peach. At the very end, I tell them that it was a piece of cake, and then...

The problem with most other C&B routines is that, whether you want to admit it or not, the audience sees you move back towards your body to load. They're just being polite and not calling you out.

Tommy's routine make the process invisible. No one sees it. I once had one guest follow me to 4 tables, waiting for me to do Tommy's 2 Cup Routine. At the fourth table, he actually yelled out. "WHAT THE HELL!!! How are you doing that?!?" The misdirection is so strong, that unless you know what you're doing and when and where to look, you're not gonna be able to deconstruct this.

As for making the set. It's not that hard. Once you know what goes into making a pom-pom, you don't need those cardboard cutouts. Trim the balls to match whatever set of cups you have. They DO NOT have to be millimetrically correct, they just need to match your set. Also, I use wire to bind the pom-poms to make sure they are tight and will not pop apart. I have some I made that are over 15 years old. They get dirty, I throw them in the wash, but eventually, I have to make more. Also found a way to make multiple pom-poms in one shot. So I can make one, or a dozen all at once.
plungerman
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of plungerman
I would love to learn your method for making multiple pom-poms. For a time I was adicted to making them, (I'd get twitchy if I couldn't find the wool.) I've worked out a pretty good method then Bill lead me to a guy who turns them out faster than I ever could. Love the routine still, much to learn from it.

P
Moncle
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
38 Posts

Profile of Moncle
Hi all,

Just finished making the set, and you now what, cos it ain't easy no one in my vicinity is going to be doing that routine. Mwa ha ha haaa.
The instructions in the book regarding the right diameter of the mini pom poms I don't think is right, some cnfusion over radius Vs diameter, may it is my confusion. got there in the end, and what fine pom poms I now have.

I love the fact that is all self contained and you do not have to worry about carrying loads, and resets at the end.

Getting over the problems is part of the journey, I mean Tommy himself must of experimented abit before he got it right.

Mike.
nkwmagic
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
3 Posts

Profile of nkwmagic
Would love to hear about the way to make multiple pompon too! for all the pompons I use a metal ring to to secure all the yarn, they will never break!

I also wanna know, when you guys do this for table hopping, do you need to set up a close up mat for it?
Eyes of Darkness
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of Eyes of Darkness
Has anyone ordered the bag and pom poms? How is the quality?
RajeshLGov
View Profile
Regular user
India
140 Posts

Profile of RajeshLGov
Tommy Wonders routine is the BEST. I use pom poms that my wife made for me in 2005 Smile I use it for my own routine(Which is no where near even the threshold of Mr. Wonders routine). Please do mention your method for making multiple pom poms. Best Wishes, Raj.
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of magic123
Hello

Has Anyone attempted to tackle fabricating Tommy Wonders Stage Cups ?

I believe one was gaffed , possibly our friend Bill Palmer or Jim Riser can offer some Input on this Topic

M123
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of magic123
Hello

I believe one was gaffed , possibly our friend Bill Palmer or Jim Riser can offer some Input on this Topic

M123
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
455 Posts

Profile of TStone
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2014, magic123 wrote:
Hello

M123

Yes, someone made a set: Tommy Wonder himself.
Can't see what business anyone else would have plagiarizing the props, since the act isn't up for grabs.
Author of Vortex & Maelstrom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Tommy Wonder cups and balls (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.083006 seconds, requiring 28 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [6] [6] [9] [7] [6] [6] [2]