The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Exact Change by Gregory Wilson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
Madmonk
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Madmonk
Has anyone seen this?

Exact Change: A soon-to-be stunned spectator names a number from 1-100. You remove all the
change from your pocket and the total matches exactly! It has fooled some of the best minds in
magic: Banachek, John Kennedy, Chris Kenner, Paul Harris, Bob Cassidy, Cyril and many more.
Newb2
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of Newb2
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Any reviews?
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2762 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Awesome!
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
564 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
How does this compare to Cosmo Solano's International Pocket Change?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6496 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I saw Greg do this multiple times at Magi Fest. Great trick! Fooled me pretty bad. I don't have Cosmo's so I can't compare.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
1947 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Just had a ncie conversation with Greg. I cant lie... a really cant. This is fricking epic...
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1516 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I cannot wait for this.

Greg releases some really great stuff!

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Schism
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Schism
Looks amazing. Would be a fun trick to do.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Quote:
On 2011-05-06 15:16, BMWGuy wrote:
I cannot wait for this.

Greg releases some really great stuff!

Alex

Ditto, Greg Wilson is a clever guy and a really good teacher. His effects are pretty straightforward and no fluffy, just hard hitting magic. Im sure this will be a winner and its on my to get list Smile

-Bobby Smile
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1300 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
As a fan of Cosmo Solano's International Pocket Change, I'd like to know how Exact Change differs, as someone inquired above.

Anyone know?

Thanks,
Jerry
Check out my new book: MY FAVORITE PLACE ON EARTH (National Geographic Society), featuring 75 remarkable people - from the Dalai Lama to Will Ferrell to Lance Burton - talking about the places they love most. For info, go to www.myfavoriteplacenatgeo.com.
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Quote:
On 2011-05-06 17:33, jerdunn wrote:
As a fan of Cosmo Solano's International Pocket Change, I'd like to know how Exact Change differs, as someone inquired above.

Anyone know?

Thanks,
Jerry

That's a really good question, as the effects look to be almost identical.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
2605 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Saw this at the magi fest. I'm a fan of a lot of Greg's work and his show/lecture at the Fest was a hit, but this didn't do anything for me. I don't remember it getting much of a reaction from the crowd. But then again, this is probably best saved for a small group of people as opposed to the larger audience he had that night.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
3668 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
If I was at a gig of course it wouldn't be the main meal! But this sure does look killer, and I can see this doing splendid at a gathering with friends or out in the town just minding my own business. This looks like it's going to replace Cosmo's IPC! That's me being very optimistic.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1300 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Blindside,

In effect, Exact Change and IPC appear to be pretty much identical. So unless there's something far superior about Exact Change, why would it replace IPC? And why would this make you optimistic?

Do you have any knowledge of Exact Change -- gizmo, handling, effect -- that you could share (without exposure, of course)?

Thanks!
Jerry
Check out my new book: MY FAVORITE PLACE ON EARTH (National Geographic Society), featuring 75 remarkable people - from the Dalai Lama to Will Ferrell to Lance Burton - talking about the places they love most. For info, go to www.myfavoriteplacenatgeo.com.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
3668 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
There is a little size issue that doesn't fit with my casual wear that I hope Exact Change can change for me.

I know of no specifics.

I remain optimistic because it's Gregory Wilson! Everything he has put out has been class and I expect no less from Exact Change.

The effect does appear similar, but it's not.

For IPC there is a little sleight of mouth (very easy) that needs to be done to restrict the spectators choice to a certain range of change, but with Exact Change I saw a certain number named.

I'm excited to see Gregory Wilson's take on it.
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
540 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
I hope people will want to dig around in my pocket afterwards.

"would the young lady in the front row like to reach in and see if there's anything else? check real good now!"

DD
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Special user
Southeastern United States
990 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
I have only seen the video posted for Exact Change,but I would not be surprised if it is any amount named...
Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
Albert Einstein
TCG438
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of TCG438
It is indeed any amount named.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Loyal user
FINALLY can french drop after
265 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
YES! I've been waiting for Greg's next genius release. This is the stuff you do for that "Show us one more" effect or for serving up a little sampler to that corporate event decision maker.
One night I was in a hurry to get to a performance and I put my shirt on where my pants should go and I put my pants on where my shirt should go. So then during the show I had to be careful not to say, "Notice that there is nothing up my sleeves"!

How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb?

Magicians don't change lightbulbs. They stand around discussing about the originator of such an effect while calling the stage hand to adjust the spot.
thoughtthief10
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of thoughtthief10
I would love to see a performance of this with euro coins.Hope it plays just as direct as with American coins.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6496 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Greg said that the method is different from Cosmo's. Also, I believe it's any amount named. I don't remember him using any form of equivoque whatsoever. He just said name a number and pulled that amount of change out of his pocket. He also pulls the pocket out to show it is otherwise empty.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth, UK
4312 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Looks good! When Cosmo released his version I bought it and wasn't aware of it's limitations. This sparked me back
Into life in creating a practical and workable method for ANY amount less than £1 to be named. Years ago I spoke to several dealers about my taking on this but was never happy with the final outcome. For the last couple weeks myself, Gary jones and mark Bendall have worked on this non-stop and have a very practical and workable method that is incredibly simple and easy to perform and are all currently using it all day everyday on anyone ad everyone, if you see any of us feel free to ask for a demonstration. I look forward to seeing what greg has to offer
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2244 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Gregory Wilson is the man. I saw his lecture at Barry's Magic Shop in Rockville, MD, recently, and alternately laughed and gasped throughout the entire show. He's a comedy magician with an emphasis on the "magic," which is a rare combination. And his comedy isn't entirely scripted - some of his best lines were "impov" lines based on something odd that a spec did (took notes on all of it). There are so many effects and gizmos I've purchased that include a bonus "handling" by Gregory Wilson, and it's almost always the best one of the bunch (ie, see his routine on Kennedy's "Supercoins 2"). I'm going to check this out with confidence just because he's putting his name on it.
Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.
calen.morelli.
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of calen.morelli.
I saw Greg do this at Magi-Fest , and It fooled me badly! Awesome job Greg!
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2109 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
That does look good! He counts it out into their hands but you never see him retrieve it. Does he? Or can they keep it?
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
235 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
Ok guys I emailed Greg the other day about Exact Change. If it was a pre order or what, heres what he said. I didn't ask him about the difference in this and Cosmo's effect.

Hello Jeremy,

Here's what I'm currently writing to customers who have already ordered:

Thank you very much for your order. You're going to LOVE Exact Change -- when it's ready. : )

I hate to inform you that there was a slight glitch in replicating the DVD and consequently I had to start all over.

So, it won't be ready for another 7 - 10 days.

Grrrrrrrr!

I'm so disappointed in the delay that I will throw in a FREE $20 trick that I call Foreign Affair and hope it's worth the wait! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kusUcKW_CB8

So, if you don't mind too much, think of this as a pre-order and a gift! : )

Grrrrrrregory

So, if you order before they are ready in 7-10 days, you would still qualify for a free Foreign Affair. : )

Gregory
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Quote:
On 2011-05-07 20:20, Krazyjay wrote:
Ok guys I emailed Greg the other day about Exact Change. If it was a pre order or what, heres what he said. I didn't ask him about the difference in this and Cosmo's effect.

Hello Jeremy,

Here's what I'm currently writing to customers who have already ordered:

Thank you very much for your order. You're going to LOVE Exact Change -- when it's ready. : )

I hate to inform you that there was a slight glitch in replicating the DVD and consequently I had to start all over.

So, it won't be ready for another 7 - 10 days.

Grrrrrrrr!

I'm so disappointed in the delay that I will throw in a FREE $20 trick that I call Foreign Affair and hope it's worth the wait! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kusUcKW_CB8

So, if you don't mind too much, think of this as a pre-order and a gift! : )

Grrrrrrregory

So, if you order before they are ready in 7-10 days, you would still qualify for a free Foreign Affair. : )

Gregory

So how long ago was this email? Is he still including that additional trick or was it a one-time thing? The website doesn't say anything about it. Anyone know?
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
235 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
Just got the email today. So if you order it within the next couple of day you should be fine.

Jeremy
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1887 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On 2011-05-07 16:43, Chad Sanborn wrote:
That does look good! He counts it out into their hands but you never see him retrieve it. Does he? Or can they keep it?

This is another of those videos that doesn't show a complete performance of the effect. This makes it difficult to decide if the trick is something I'd want.

I'm old enough to have bought a lot of magic based only on written descriptions and love that I can now see videos of performances before investing my money, but I hate the videos that concentrate on spectator reaction with little emphasis on the trick itself. I understand why marketers do this, but those videos are no better than the written hype in the old catalogs.

I like and use Greg Wilson's stuff, but at the price, I'd like to see a start to finish performance of this to be able to better evaluate if this is something I would use.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Exact Change by Gregory Wilson (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.276356 seconds, requiring 92 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [9] [2] [2] [1] [2] [8] [0]