The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Exact Change by Gregory Wilson (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19 [Next]
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
I have received this and used it and works a treat!!! also comes with about 30 or so different presentation ideas, perfect for me!
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
What an excellent product and an excellent effect. Possibly the best $75 I've ever spent on a magic product. The presentation ideas are endless, the effect is relatively simple to master (due to the ample opportunities for surrepetitious practice,) and the product is meticulously designed with everything you'll need (and more) included. Greg sure does know how to treat his customers!
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Quote:
On 2012-04-13 03:58, Havens wrote:
Does anyone know where to get this in the UK?

I see it's available in the US but I've been stung pretty bad by import tax in the past and the delays it incurs.

Now available from Alakazam.
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
Quote:
On 2012-08-15 13:07, jugglestruck wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-13 03:58, Havens wrote:
Does anyone know where to get this in the UK?

I see it's available in the US but I've been stung pretty bad by import tax in the past and the delays it incurs.

Now available from Alakazam.

Thanks, I now own it after purchasing from Greg at a lecture. I previously wrote a mini-review of my initial impressions and, now that I’ve had plenty of time to work with EC, I can update that by saying it's a little slice of genius. I wouldn't use that phrase lightly but EC really is excellent, the best effect I've purchased in a long time and possibly the simplest, most direct piece of mentalism I've ever used.
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
It must to be me then.I saw it, thought It used what it does.Thought any spectator who uses one say a taxi driver.would get it straight away.Only in magic can you buy something for a few pounds and price it ten to a thousand times and say its priced up to stop the curious or sorry no refunds as your buying the secret.There was an electronic item made available for mentalism.You could buy the item for around fifty quid.However somone took that item repackaged it and sold it for nearly 900 quid? fair no.Its described in mindblowing by jame biss.I saw that edition of sexetera too.
If you search inner thoughts you will see a post buy me entitled diy impression device.You take a device that's available from maplins.Slightly modify it.Cosmetically no soldering etc required.You will then have a bluetooth imp device that sends drawings etc real time to your android phone.Maybe I should repackage and sell for 1000 pounds or just tell the community about item?
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
Quote:
On 2012-08-27 09:05, magic in mind wrote:
It must to be me then.I saw it, thought It used what it does.Thought any spectator who uses one say a taxi driver.would get it straight away.Only in magic can you buy something for a few pounds and price it ten to a thousand times and say its priced up to stop the curious or sorry no refunds as your buying the secret.There was an electronic item made available for mentalism.You could buy the item for around fifty quid.However somone took that item repackaged it and sold it for nearly 900 quid? fair no.Its described in mindblowing by jame biss.I saw that edition of sexetera too.
If you search inner thoughts you will see a post buy me entitled diy impression device.You take a device that's available from maplins.Slightly modify it.Cosmetically no soldering etc required.You will then have a bluetooth imp device that sends drawings etc real time to your android phone.Maybe I should repackage and sell for 1000 pounds or just tell the community about item?

Surely the price is derived from the following:

1. The secret and invention - in this instance I value it really rather highly.
2. Gimmick - although it's very similar to something else in existence is has been refined and upgraded, this can't have been cheap to do and he'd also need to buy in bulk - not to mention the r&d costs. Then factor in the cost of additional items it comes with.
3. DVD - production and duplication costs. DVDs on their own can retail for $20-50.
4. Packaging - Design, manufacture and assembly
5. Distribution
6. Retailer mark-up. This usually leaves very little for the creator, so the product has to be sold at a price that makes it worth the creator's time.

So what are the options? Charge the price he has and stand a chance of making a profit; sell it as a PDF download that very few people use because they don't have the gimmick, or screw up the trick with because it lacks the refinements of the released version; or keep it to himself and no one else gets to perform it.

I see why people can feel ripped off in magic but in this instance I don't think it's the case.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2012-08-27 09:05, magic in mind wrote:

Yes, it's just you.
CaMagic51
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of CaMagic51
I have purchased Exact Change and think it is excellent. There is no sleight of hand, but it definitely requires practice. But then I have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time. It has to be performed smoothly or not at all. I am not ready to perform it yet. I do not know Greg Wilson and so am not shilling for him. I am a total amateur, but one with 50 years of experience. I am so delighted with the product that I am purchasing the competitive product to compare them. Great fun!
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Quote:
On 2012-06-15 01:41, eddie2m wrote:
I do a combination of powerball 60 and exact change and get good responses.

I really like the potential of this idea. I may try it this way and see how it plays for me. Thanks for sharing!

Best,
MJ
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
Anybody in the UK using this? Because of the limitations with UK coinage (as said above can be done - but IMO not quite so cleanly) I'm not sure I want to put in the practice this item deserves. Also I rather wanted to see Greg perform this on the DVD - of course he does but it always with cutting and editing so impossible to see how quickly this can be done.

Any thoughts from UK users?

Mark
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On 2012-11-30 07:35, keeblem wrote:
Anybody in the UK using this? Because of the limitations with UK coinage (as said above can be done - but IMO not quite so cleanly) I'm not sure I want to put in the practice this item deserves. Also I rather wanted to see Greg perform this on the DVD - of course he does but it always with cutting and editing so impossible to see how quickly this can be done.

Any thoughts from UK users?

Mark

I've used it with UK coins. Works great.
ChrisTheImpossible
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, Florida
70 Posts

Profile of ChrisTheImpossible
Quote:
On 2012-08-04 15:25, Havens wrote:
The gimmick looks more like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co......Ohio.jpg

;)

Now that was funny! lmao
www.MagicJunky.com
"A place for Magicians, Clowns, and Ventriloquists to Buy, Sell, and Trade new and or used items Free!"
fastmagic
View Profile
New user
Idaho
46 Posts

Profile of fastmagic
So, I have this and have been practicing it a little bit at home while I'm sitting around. I use random numbers like two digits from the time or from a barcode or something along those lines. I just find that If I want to be quiet with it, I would have to go slower than I would like to. I find it hard to work any patter while doing this. I would love for someone to PM me some tips or techniques they use to practice!

BTW, I sort "came up" with a THOUGHT OF card to wallet routine, and I find that this would play huge with that when they are paired together! I'm liking this effect more and more!
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of 808
Hi all.

I'm having trouble with UK 1p pieces fitting in the gimmick.
Anyone else overcome this problem??

Very frustrating.

Thanks,

sometimes people can surprise you!
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
If you're having problems you're putting them in the wrong slot.
3x20ps in one slot
3x5ps in the two slots adjacent to the 20p slot.
3x1ps in the last slot.
2p on the back.

Chris
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of 808
Hi Chris,

Was in the audience last night and loved the exact change performance.
Bought the gimmick there and then.
Tried every slot over and over again but they just don't fit.

I'll try and email Greg.

Thanks for your help though.

Cheers.
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of 808
Forgive me!!!!

What a (@£!

I've just re-read your post and realised that you don't put 10p's in.

My relief is overwhelming. I'm back in the game!!

Thanks Chris. Smile
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
No worries
cardsrosescoins
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of cardsrosescoins
It instantly went into my list of every day carry items. I love the different applications of this gimmick that packs so small and plays so big. This and kolossal killer almost never leave my pockets.
procy
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of procy
Hi,

Does anyone know where I could buy a replacement gimmick in the uk? I have the full trick and would like to be able to keep a spare one in the car and as a backup.

If anyone could PM with details that would be great Smile

Thanks

Simon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Exact Change by Gregory Wilson (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL