The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » AmazeRING (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
thimblerig
View Profile
Loyal user
Bellevue, WA
273 Posts

Profile of thimblerig
Pete, or someone, can you provide the actual size of the AmazeRing - American - or it's circumference in mm? Have some gnarly knuckles and would like to know if it will fit or not. Also, I am lucky enough to have a jeweler wife, is it possible that a trained jeweler could enlarge the ring without damaging the mechanism? Many thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards,
TR
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
How does AmazeRing compare with David Regal's Linking Finger rings?
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3148
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Totally different. Look at demo of AmazeRing here... http://www.pete-biro.com/tricks/
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
dimagico
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of dimagico
Can the AmazeRing be used to do the "Three borrowed linking finger rings routine" with the last two (borrowed) rings haning on a pencil and visually unlink? Or dös the AmazeRing not come with the special pencil?
mercedesrules
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of mercedesrules
Quote:
On 2013-11-21 10:06, dimagico wrote:
Can the AmazeRing be used to do the "Three borrowed linking finger rings routine" with the last two (borrowed) rings haning on a pencil and visually unlink? Or dös the AmazeRing not come with the special pencil?

....The Amazring comes with a pretty little wooden wand, not the special pencil.
dimagico
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of dimagico
I am thrilled by the AmazeRing, but I want to use it for a three borrowed rings routine, with the "Al Koran's ending. Is it possible to get the gimmicked pencil separately?
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Without "spilling the beans"...let's just say that I, for one, would NOT use AmazeRing to do the "Koran Ending", but rather would use the Regal Set for this...

Having said this, there are a number of "visual unlinks, or visual links" that you can do with AmazeRing that can't be done with other props....

Just my 2 cents worth...
dimagico
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of dimagico
Rainboguy, the idea is to use the AmazeRing as the Himber Ring, not for the visual unlinking. To unlink the two truly borrowed rings at the end, I would need the special pencil, I think. But I just found out these are sold separately as well. (Thanks, Pete!) So I guess, the routine David Regal or Lu Chen does, could be done with the AmazeRing and the special pencil. For me the advantage would be that the AmazeRing is a wedding band, not a signet ring as in David Regal's set. (Just a personal preference. David's routine looks amazing.)
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I don't want to diminish sales of any of our rings, but you could do what Grant and even Koran did by taking any real ring and making it like the K from a set of linking rings and kill an audience.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2013-11-28 12:28, Pete Biro wrote:
I don't want to diminish sales of any of our rings, but you could do what Grant and even Koran did by taking any real ring and making it like the K from a set of linking rings and kill an audience.

I would have said the same thing (because I use both an AmazeRing AND the Koran set myself) if not for the possibility of taking sales away from Joe and Pete. In my own opinion, based on my experience, you can pair both types up and a whole world of possibilities open up...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
I have a ton of Joe's items and have never felt the price was unfair. His work is exceptional. I just wish we could get this Amazring in SILVER. Joe - Pete? Also - what size is this ring?
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
scottjenkins
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of scottjenkins
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2017, StarManager wrote:
I have a ton of Joe's items and have never felt the price was unfair. His work is exceptional. I just wish we could get this Amazring in SILVER. Joe - Pete? Also - what size is this ring?

Jeez! I wish I'd seen this yesterday! I just took in the new batch and had them gold plated.
They'll be available on www.Illusion.Works next Friday, but now that we're gearing back up, I'll do a batch in Silver too!

Scott
Scott Jenkins
Magician Member of the AMA
Joe Porper's partner!
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, scottjenkins wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2017, StarManager wrote:

Jeez! I wish I'd seen this yesterday! I just took in the new batch and had them gold plated.
They'll be available on www.Illusion.Works next Friday, but now that we're gearing back up, I'll do a batch in Silver too!

Scott

Hi Scott! - Well you should have called me man! LOL! Good news is I will take a SILVER Ring any time they are ready. Size 12 please!!!

BTW - thank you for taking up Joe's legacy. So much good there. I just received my coin rattle and there is nothing even close to that on the market. But even your Paddle work is superior. Just good stuff. Thank you!!!!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
AmazeRing is not on www.illusion.works website, nor do Penguin Magic list it as available.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
I'm looking for a high quality himber ring which enables effects such as ring through finger (see e.g., Odyssey by Calen Morelli or Banded by Garrett Thomas). But the *p*ning of the himber ring must be wide enough. What about AmazeRING ?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Mh1001, you are looking in the wrong place then, Himber rings are not to be worn, or even shown, they are considered a gimmick, hiding in plane sight.

Neither Himber or AmazeRing will fit your needs, contact a artisan jeweler, and have one made to your specifications.
scottjenkins
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of scottjenkins
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2017, Bill Hegbli wrote:
AmazeRing is not on www.illusion.works website, nor do Penguin Magic list it as available.

I just finished a new batch this morning!
Give me a couple of days and I'll have it up on the site at www.Illusion.Works
Scott
Scott Jenkins
Joe Porper's partner!
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Just got the AmazeRing and boy is it great! Seems like it is anodized gold aluminum and hopefully it is and won't wear off. Too many gaff rings are just plated and wear and you cannot replace because it has moving parts. Perfect on and off moves with this superb tool and you can wear the "ring" all the time. It seems like it is about a size 9.5. I REALLY want a silver version of this. Comeon Scott! Give it to us!!!!!
scottjenkins
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of scottjenkins
Hey Everyone!
I've got 4 sets left. These things sold faster than I could get them onto the website.
Here they are
http://illusion.works/product/amazering/

Thanks!
Scott
Scott Jenkins
Joe Porper's partner!
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Scott I purchased one from Murphy's and the gold color appears to be a flat anodized aluminum gold. Does not look like the photo on the link you shared. Do they have something different? Also - you were going to make some in silver. That would be way more useful for me personally and I know a lot of guys who prefer silver. Is that in the works? Timeline? The mechanics is great here! Solid and fun product! Thank you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » AmazeRING (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL