The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Cheap poker table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
Heh, cheap... yeah right. It does look pretty cool though; however, I imagine that building something that is almost as good would cost around $1000-2000 if you knew what you were doing. Also, knowing physics helps =D. Thanks for posting this, I got a good laugh out of it.
jfquackenbush
View Profile
Special user
Out here on the desert
607 Posts

Profile of jfquackenbush
Hmmm. well lets see, since it's all lacquered you wouldn't need to use pricy hardwoods, so say 200 bucks at the outside for the fiber, say another 150 for the veneers, moldings, primer, lacquer, and felt; 20 bucks worth of staples nails and glue; 5 bucks for a couple of heavy dowels, and 29.95 for all the glow rope you're ever going to need. I'd say a DIY guy could make something like that for under five hundred if he really wanted something that tacky in his house. If you wanted a glass top on one side, that would probably be the priciest buy, but I've seen seven foot glass table tops for under 300 dollars in the past.
Mr. Quackenbush believes that there is no such thing as a good magic trick.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
While I feel that $57,000 is definitely an outrageous price I feel the above estimate is just as outrageously low.

Who will do the molding for the chip trays? Who will make the plans for this table? Who will put in the man hours for this project. That finishing job is not an easy task if you want no runs and or streaks of any kind. Does anyone know the weight of the table? How much weight willit suport?

You can maybe make something to look sort of like it but come on now for your stated price...I will gladly pay you to make them for me and I will take 50 of them. Of course you are talking about raw materials only. How much labor and planning go into a project like this? I agree that it is not $50,000 but if you can put it together for $700 to $900 labor sign me up for 20 at the $700 to $900 labor plus your material costs. They have to look and be of the same quality of the pictured one.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
jfquackenbush
View Profile
Special user
Out here on the desert
607 Posts

Profile of jfquackenbush
Internet message boards are like people
Mr. Quackenbush believes that there is no such thing as a good magic trick.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
It reminds me of one of them old gangster movies where the speak easy gambling joint is transformed when the cops come knocking. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
uhrenschmied
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of uhrenschmied
Peace with you brother, and don't you mess with MR. B double O Z E

Regards,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Cheap poker table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL