The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of Young Magicians! » » S.Y.M. Achievement Pin Program (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3585 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
This was announced on the SAMTALK site. I'm surprised that it hasn't been posted here yet.

Quote:
The Society of Young Magicians is proud to announce the establishment of an S.Y.M. Achievement Pin Program for all of its members. Under the program, S.Y.M. members can earn bronze, silver and gold pins in nine areas of Magic: They also will receive a certificate for each pin they earn. A detailed PDF with all forms and information is available for download by SYM Leaders who will find more information about the "Achievement Pin Program" at http://www.magicsym.com/sympins.asp

Kudos to the creative minds behind this and to the leaders who supported and funded this project. Once again, S.A.M. leads the way and blazes the trail for our future magicians. I'm very impressed.
Proudly Serving the Magic Community in the Old North State

I.B.M. T.V.P. North Carolina
www.Magic-NC.com

I.B.M. Youth/Magic Youth Raleigh
RaleighMagicClub.org
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
Thanks for posting, Skip. Your comment is very close to what I say in my June, 2011 column:

"As it has for the last century, the S.A.M. continues to lead the way."

Just wait and see what we have in store!

You Have a Friend in the S.A.M.
Mark Weidhaas
National President
afuntimevent
View Profile
New user
CT
80 Posts

Profile of afuntimevent
Hi,Skip -

I've been meaning to post something about the Achievement Pin Program, but other things just got in the way. Thanks for posting the link.

Members can earn bronze and silver pins in nine areas of magic and a gold Excellence in Magic pin. The progressive nature of the program measures how they are advancing in their magical journey and helps them develop valuable leadership skills that will help them in all areas of life. I don't know of any other magic society that offers anything like this for its young members.

Thanks, also, for the kudos. Everyone involved is proud of the program, and we've received tremendous support from the S.A.M.

By the way - Sean Oulashin of Beaverton OR and president of Y105 of Portland is our first pin recipient. He earned a bronze pin in cards. He'll be receiving his pin and certificate shortly.

Marlene Clark
S.A.M. National Secretary
Producer, Stars of Tomorrow
Achievement Pin Program Coordinator
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of Young Magicians! » » S.Y.M. Achievement Pin Program (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.138609 seconds, requiring 16 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [3] [4] [1] [8] [9] [6] [4]