The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Cheek to Cheek. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bblumen
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
987 Posts

Profile of bblumen
Quote:
On 2011-07-09 09:22, Mike Maturen wrote:
[snip]

Does this trick (for those of you who perform it) require any type of sleights that I might find difficult?

No. Not if you can riffle shuffle.
"Lulling the minds of your company is more important than dazzling their eyes." Ed Marlo
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1758 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Christian Engblom has some sneaky stuff with it in Fat Brothers DVD vol.2

J-M
Matze
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Matze
Quote:
On 2011-07-09 09:22, Mike Maturen wrote:
I am seriously thinking of downloading this for use when I start doing restaurant work. But before I do, I have a couple of questions.

I am a physical condition in my hands called Dupytren's Contracture which reduces the mobility of my hands and fingers. I find palming, etc very difficult anymore.

Does this trick (for those of you who perform it) require any type of sleights that I might find difficult?

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to answer in an open forum.

Thanks in advance.

if you are talking about walzing cheek to cheek,then no...its qute easy,no difficult sleights at all.
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Hey fellas,

Just wanted to let you guys know about a cool idea I use for my Cheek-To-Cheek routine - I combined the deck with the S******r principle, so the triumph part is still uber-clean, but the reset is instant, and done in full view as you cut the selection back into the middle of the pack. It turned it into a real worker routine for me. I sell the decks prepared http://www.tricktastic.com/product-p/trick014.htm but you could make your own with a bit of patience and the right gear.

Liam.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1624 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2014, Liam Montier wrote:
Hey fellas,

Just wanted to let you guys know about a cool idea I use for my Cheek-To-Cheek routine - I combined the deck with the S******r principle, so the triumph part is still uber-clean, but the reset is instant, and done in full view as you cut the selection back into the middle of the pack. It turned it into a real worker routine for me. I sell the decks prepared http://www.tricktastic.com/product-p/trick014.htm but you could make your own with a bit of patience and the right gear.

Liam.

Ed Marlo beat you to it several decades ago with Marlo's Stripped Cheek to Cheek.

And, the deck has been manufactured before...the late Neil Lester (Cards by Martin) made a great deck. I still have a never used pack from about twenty years ago.

And, as far as doing the reset in full view, that would be the absolute worst thing to do, and, at the worst possible time.

Research Liam, research!
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Hi Kabbalah,

I haven't had any luck with the Marlo reference, any idea where it was published?

I disagree about the reset though, I'm doing it just as I cut the pack to return the selection back to the centre right at the end of the trick. No heat at all on it, and I've used it steadily for a couple of years, so I'll have to respectfully disagree. Smile

Liam.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1624 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2014, Liam Montier wrote:
Hi Kabbalah,

I haven't had any luck with the Marlo reference, any idea where it was published?

I disagree about the reset though, I'm doing it just as I cut the pack to return the selection back to the centre right at the end of the trick. No heat at all on it, and I've used it steadily for a couple of years, so I'll have to respectfully disagree. Smile

Liam.

I will send you a PM...see the last page.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
That's great, many thanks matey Smile
EndersGame
View Profile
Special user
Reviewer EndersGame
734 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On May 25, 2011, martyjacobs wrote:
Joshua Jay has a great routine which combines 'Cheek to Cheek' with 'Anniversary Waltz'. The routine is called 'Waltzing Cheek to Cheek' and you can get it from Vanishing Inc Magic. Without a doubt, one of the best fusion effects out there.

Joshua Jay's variation is excellent. You can see a demo here:

What I like about it is that it instantly resets and can be done multiple times in immediate succession. By using quite a different handling from the original Anniversary Waltz effect as a result of the "Cheek to Cheek" deck, Josh has come up with something that working magicians can use for table hopping in a much easier manner.

For more info Joshua Jay's routine, see the detailed review I've just posted in the review section of The Magic Café here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......c=656135

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==

Want me to write a review of your playing cards or magic? Contact me via Private Message.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Cheek to Cheek. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL