The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review of Axel Hecklau's NEWSFLASH 2.0 (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Thomas Burkhart
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Thomas Burkhart
Hi,

I'm back and my blog http://www.ecamoteur.de will be even more active than in the past.

I just posted a review on NEWSFLASH 2.0 from Axel Hecklau there:
http://escamoteur.de/wordpress/index.php......ash-2-0/

Enjoy and spread the word!
Tom

P.S.: As I can't anounce every article here in the forum, it might be worth to register at my site.
Check out my new blog: http://www.escamoteur.de
You find there reviews, tipps and my thoughts about magic.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1257 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Excellent! Thanks, Tom!
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Long live Lowell and Richie!
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Very helpful.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2733 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Well written and informative, great work Tom!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
gfmagic
View Profile
New user
Glen
19 Posts

Profile of gfmagic
This is one of the greatest T&R Newspapers on the Market. I will probably never use a different one ever. Last night while performing at a performing arts center in Florida, a guest come up after the show and apologized for cursing out loud when the restoration took place. I love performing the surrounded version. What a great piece of magic.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Believe I will be on the hunt for one of these.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1257 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Nonvpro: Here's where you can order it:

http://www.axelhecklau-shop.com/product_......ts_id=30
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Long live Lowell and Richie!
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Loyal user
Fairhaven, MA
250 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
Very well written review. Kind of expensive even with the weak dollar.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2047 Posts

Profile of yachanin
I love performing this. There are gasps when I restore the paper (no one has cursed yet) Smile Axel has made the preparation simpler and gives a couple bonus effects that you might find useful. If you're looking for a torn & restored newspaper, you will be delighted with this.

Regards, Steve
123crampt
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of 123crampt
Thanks for the review! It is well written and this product defiantly is on my wish list! I just can't bring myself to muster up that sort of money for something to replace my already solid opener. I still can't say how much I like this, this review makes it look only better!

(101'st post! W00T)

Magically,
Gibson
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Just received Newsflash 2.0 and totally agree with yachanin.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1467 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
This effect is amazing, the express setup is amazing for such a small compromise (you can't show the middle pages to the audience when leafing through at the beginning), the surrounded version is amazing (fooled me as to how it worked, but it's so darn simple!). Basically the surrounded version allows you to do the trick and immediately after the restoration, you can show the backside of the newspaper as well and the torn packet is nowhere to be seen. The set is worth every penny. I cannot wait to get my hands on some newspaper and work on this.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1141 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
I've seen both version 1 and the new 2.0, but I don't see any advantages to 2.0 It does seem to set up quicker, but is there a major advantage that I'm missing? (besides, of course the folding guides)

Is there anyone who performed the original newsflash and has changed to perform newsflash 2.0? If so, what's the major difference...preparation time?

Thanks!
Check out the Jumping Wand Kit and Instant Author Kit:
www.PrestoMagicProducts.com
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2062 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
2.0 offers a few different folding and packet placement schemes if the original in newsflash 1.0 does not work with whatever papaer you are using. He also uses round instead of rectangular gimmicks making preperation a little less finicky. Overall if 1.0 is working well for you I don't think the upgrade is needed
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
I have owned quite a few Newspaper Tears....I can honestly say, that this is without a doubt the best ever created...EVERYTHING about it is good. The DVD, the trick itself...the fold and restoration is like nothing I have ever seen. Its actually fairly easy to do once you learn the fold and the Express Version is more than enough to absolutely floor people. I showed this to a few people who have seen me and others do it and there jaws dropped...

Cant say enough about it, I really cant.
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
The Tabloid version is excellent.

( I’ve found that I have to be careful to get as straight a line as possible during the final tear, otherwise the reveal can look a bit untidy near the base of the newspaper )

10/10

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11830 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2011-06-03 09:15, Thomas Burkhart wrote:
Hi,

I'm back and my blog http://www.ecamoteur.de will be even more active than in the past.

I just posted a review on NEWSFLASH 2.0 from Axel Hecklau there:
http://escamoteur.de/wordpress/index.php......ash-2-0/

Enjoy and spread the word!
Tom

P.S.: As I can't anounce every article here in the forum, it might be worth to register at my site.

Very helpful indeed, thanks Tom.
silksock
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of silksock
Thanks for the help.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11830 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Dittos, well written and thanks.
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
Performed this on the Queen Mary 2 - gasps an applause. Love it.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review of Axel Hecklau's NEWSFLASH 2.0 (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL