The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2011 entrée: Mark Lewis » » Advice for Stand Up » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Athens, Georgia USA
1665 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
What would be your top 5 commandments for performing stand-up magic? I would ask for 10 commandments, but I want to allow for dropped details.
Word Crimes
--Alan Wheeler
English Instructor
and Performing Magician
Jesus vs. the Occult
Mark Lewis
View Profile
V.I.P.
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Lewis
Oddly enough, even though I brag incessantly about my work as a close up magician (especially with cards), my hypnotism show, my kid show, my psychic and pitch work, I do not consider myself a particularly wonderful stand up magician. The stage has different rules. Don't get me wrong though. I am still pretty good - it is just that my other work is in a different league. It is just that there are other people out there who could give a better answer than me. Still, I will do my best. I will think about it and report back.

In the meantime you can have a look at me performing stand up magic and get an idea. Here are a few clips and they are in sequence showing my act.

Click Here!

Click Here!

and

Click Here!
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Athens, Georgia USA
1665 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Thanks for being generous enough to share your performances. I already see some things I need to work on, for example, developing a personality.
Word Crimes
--Alan Wheeler
English Instructor
and Performing Magician
Jesus vs. the Occult
Mark Lewis
View Profile
V.I.P.
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Lewis
Yes. I do believe the personality thing would be number one
I think number two would be to perform with the audience rather than at the audience
Number three would be a decent voice. I often think that is half the battle

The other two on the list I have no idea about. Perhaps it will come to me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2011 entrée: Mark Lewis » » Advice for Stand Up » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.048588 seconds, requiring 20 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [2] [0] [4] [3] [7] [7] [3] [0]