The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Revisiting True Astonishments (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Has anyone performed Half Moon Voodoo? I've been shocked at the reactions it gets. It's done with cards, but this is no card trick. The method to force/load is pure genius.

This is a powerful dvdv set. It really makes you think about your magic.
Elputty
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
114 Posts

Profile of Elputty
I've played with a lot of things on the set, but really love:

- naked strange
- invisible palm
- shuffling lesson
- stapled warp

Extraordinary proof is probably my favorite, and one I perform all the time.

RE: the TA pen, I spent an afternoon making one up, but never felt comfortable with the action of the gimmick. Even after fiddling and practicing it just never felt smooth.
lllmagic
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of lllmagic
Paul Harris is a great Magician but the set is $300. Is it really worth it?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-04-18 11:34, lllmagic wrote:
Paul Harris is a great Magician but the set is $300. Is it really worth it?

I got mine as a gift, but I would have been very pleased if I had paid for it. I finally got around to setting up Tensegrity, which I posted about in the TA thread.

There are very strong pieces on the set.Things you'll actually do instead of "oh, that's so cool" and never do it.
timmyjimmy
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of timmyjimmy
At the time I bought this set... I was pretty green magically.
I HATED the Easter Eggs. I didn't want to have to find **** I paid for... I still hate it.
Loved some of the effects, but have to be honest, probably didn't spend as much time in this set as I would have if I didn't have to play games to find my way around the set... I mean REALLY?! Got to search for material I paid good money for.
****ed me off.
It is now eight years later and will look back into this.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Some one offered it for sale for me for £75 is it worth it?
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quite a unique DVD released back in the days. Got mine directly from Paul Harris and they even have a forum for effect discussion but I totaly forgot the web site... not much user really discuss over the years too...

As for Easter eggs, well it's a bonus and just a search on Google you will find all Easter Eggs direction so it really depends if you must every ounzes out the set. Franly even without Easter eggs the set still stood for test of time. Without name out any particular, some Asia TV show at those days a super famous magician perform on average an effect out of the DVD set once per week for almost a year (well of course just a wild estimate)

So as you can see effects in the set are really practical.

Indeed, I don't have the time to spend on the set enough as usual. But it always on my study room I can really reach every day. Still the wooden box puzzle lock (sometimes locked even I already unlock it) was one of the very special thing upon Magic Instructional DVD era.

Those were good old days.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
This is a great DVD set.

One of the Easter Eggs was super useful to me. I could never understand the written instructions for Conjunction (by Joshua Quinn) until I found the video hidden away on these DVDs teaching it. I love that trick!
SandwichMan
View Profile
New user
Myrtle Beach
77 Posts

Profile of SandwichMan
You can't really go wrong with anything by Paul Harris. The most interesting effects to me were Cheng's Change and Cheng's Riser. Pure sleight of hand card magic.
Music is meaningless if it cannot be FELT be cannot it if meaningless is magic.
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Growing Card by Tomoyuki Shinomura. Anyone know where to buy refils?

Greig
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Some guy here on the Café posted a complete run down of the Easter Eggs and where they can be found. It was a nicely done PDF, but I don't know who it was.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
922 Posts

Profile of mantel
According to the Paul Harris Presents website it was Matt La Vore. Ezekiel Jump did the PDF artwork.

https://paulharrispresents.com/products/......f-for-ta
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Revisiting True Astonishments (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL