The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Steve Draun's Real Man's Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Here' a video review of The Real Man's Wallet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2UeSXbaDIU&feature=plcp
micwize
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of micwize
Does anyone know the best wallet for a folded card to wallet. I want a mercury fold to a wallet. I have done a search but not found anything. I have a kennedy mystery box but it is nice to have different options. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks, Mike
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
On a side note if your load takes too long do a bluff whereas you load but act as if you contiue looking for wallet, this way when you finally go for it its one swift action
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Micwize, this is a great wallet for MC folded cards.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S3560
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Never mind I removed a post.

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I prefer the Royal Card to wallet. Cheaper, easier to load, just as nice quality, doesn't require a guide, etc.

Remember that penquin only puts good reviews of products on their website, for the most part.
Not necessarily a good gauge of how their customers really feel.

RMW is fine. I've used it in the past. But I've used a Royal for about 6 years in a row for a reason... it's better.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
My friend Frank and I agree to disagree on the Royal vs. Mesika. I've used Mesika as my regular everyday wallet for about 10 years. I've made a reputation on card to wallet. BUT, I don't load it as in the directions. I've played around with several, including RMW. I will say, that if you decide to go with that one, John Gustaferro has a GREAT routine for this type of wallet. It is really great for someone just learning card to wallet and provide so much misdirection, the palm is no problem. It would work with almost any wallet, but REALLY great with RMW.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Hey Pepka,

where's the part where we agree to disagree?

the royal and mesika are essentially the same except the royal has an improved loading chamber (bigger and easier to access)
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Lets see. No slide easy to do. Forgive the flash I filmed it at 4:30 in the morning. Just an experiment with a new loading technique. As to wallets, well I use my own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayPm54vT6-o

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

www.rfaproductions.com
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Pepka, where is John Guastaferro's published?
It's all in the reflexes.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

How can you even compare the Royal Magic Wallet to the Real Man's Wallet? With the Royal Wallet, you have to MC fold the card to load it. Yes, I know some people don't but it makes the removal really awkward as the opening isn't big enough.

The Royal Wallet is great for MC Folded cards. But Real Man's is better for an unfolded card to wallet. Plus they see it in the window before you remove it. Psychologically, this is very strong as there is no doubt that the card is actually inside the compartment in the wallet.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
bike808
View Profile
New user
spring ill fl via chicago il
13 Posts

Profile of bike808
Hi all
I use the real mans wallet all the time it's my everyday wallet,I took a 52 on 1 card (poker size) & use it as a slide & as mentioned above I leave the wallet hanging down out the pocket if I am wearing a jacket.if your wearing a T shirt or pull over you can tuck the wallet in your pants above your belt with the load chamber hanging down & your shirt covering it. if you put it close to the mid back your your covered pretty well. I also laminated a pride joy picture for the slide when you open the wallet they see the pride & joy pic
the card is under it.hope this helps I love this wallet I even have the original cardboard one don't know who made it maybe tony can shed some light on this for me
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2013-11-04 10:18, bike808 wrote:
Hi all
I use the real mans wallet all the time it's my everyday wallet,I took a 52 on 1 card (poker size) & use it as a slide & as mentioned above I leave the wallet hanging down out the pocket if I am wearing a jacket.if your wearing a T shirt or pull over you can tuck the wallet in your pants above your belt with the load chamber hanging down & your shirt covering it. if you put it close to the mid back your your covered pretty well. I also laminated a pride joy picture for the slide when you open the wallet they see the pride & joy pic
the card is under it.hope this helps I love this wallet I even have the original cardboard one don't know who made it maybe tony can shed some light on this for me

I believe that the name you are looking for is Bob Downey. He was also a dove worker as I recall. He died in a car wreck I think.

www.rfaproductions.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-11-04 09:33, Cameron Francis wrote:
How can you even compare the Royal Magic Wallet to the Real Man's Wallet? With the Royal Wallet, you have to MC fold the card to load it. Yes, I know some people don't but it makes the removal really awkward as the opening isn't big enough.

The Royal Wallet is great for MC Folded cards. But Real Man's is better for an unfolded card to wallet. Plus they see it in the window before you remove it. Psychologically, this is very strong as there is no doubt that the card is actually inside the compartment in the wallet.

I've never used the MC fold with the Royal Wallet.
I also like that the Royal has a zipper compartment for the card. I don't find the removal awkward, and less awkward than using a guide to load the card in the first place.

Both wallets eliminate doubt that the card is actually inside the wallet, because in both cases, it is... actually in the wallet.

THAT, is how I can even compare the 2. Smile

... not to mention cost.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
LOL Frank,
I have played with the Royal AFTER using the Mesika for years. I find that a MC folded card is actually much easier to load, AND it's one more level of impossibility. On topics like which wallet is better than the other....I think it's a matter of personal preference. When I find something that really works for me, I actually don't mind if I'm the only magician doing it. But, if someone asks, I'll answer honestly.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Frank, I get it what you're saying. Just a personal preference. I personally found it difficult to extract an unfolded card from the Royal Magic wallet. I also have no trouble loading the Real Man's wallet. Personally, I prefer the aesthetic of opening the compartment and seeing the card under the plastic.

Having said that, one thing I love about the Royal wallet and using the MC fold with it is that it can be on the table from the get go and loaded very easily with the card in finger p*lm. Even surrounded.
micwize
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of micwize
I have the RMW and find it a good every day wallet to have on you and use it with cards but also business cards.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Allow me to show you some of the other things you can do with it sometime.

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
micwize
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of micwize
I have the RMW and find it a good every day wallet to have on you and use it with cards but also business cards.
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
I just bought my second one as the original was getting a little tatty and worn, a very durable wallet and got a good few years of use and was my every day wallet so cannot complain.

Shopped around this morning and purchased it from World of Magic for £23 including P&P (UK)a steal IMHO. Really glad I shopped about as Van*sh*ng *nc is selling it for £33 and Ala*as*m has it for an ungodly amount of £44. Where they come up with these prices I will never know.

All the best

Greig. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Steve Draun's Real Man's Wallet (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL