The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Is the SAM "aligned" with the IBM ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gordyboy
View Profile
Loyal user
British Columbia, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of Gordyboy
Someone in our club is telling me that the SAM and the IBM are "aligned" with each other. I'm not quite sure what that means. He goes on to tell me that KIDabra (http://www.kidabra.com/ - the Association of Family and Kidshow Performers) is not aligned with the IBM.

His reason for bringing this up is that he believes that someone who is a member of the executive of the local SAM club should be allowed to be a member of the executive of the local IBM Ring, but someone who is a member of the executive of the local KIDabra Chapter should not be allowed to be a member of the executive of the local IBM Ring, because they're not "aligned".

Any opinions on this?
The Great Gordini

http://www.MagicCanada.ca
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
As far as I know, all three are completely different. I am a member of all three, and have seen nothing as you have stated. However, I am in a remote location and do not belong to any local chapters.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
KMFrye
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of KMFrye
I think perhaps you should ask him what he thinks "aligned" means in practise, and how it works to support his IBM/SAM view - vs. why it doesn't apply to KIDabra.

It might just be prejudice.

Keith F.
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
In Cincinnati, many members of the I.B.M. Ring are also members of the SAM Chapter. So, any alignment is with a love of magic. They are separate organizations with their own boards looking out for the best interest of their constituents. Sometimes these interests align and sometimes they don't.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Is the SAM "aligned" with the IBM ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL