The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (81 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..29..52..75..98..121..125~126~127 [Next]
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
844 Posts

Profile of roblane
I saw no flash either, looks fantastic. Assuming this works on the same principle as the brass block in matchbox just how examinable is this?
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Hiya Gang!

Thanks for the kind words of support- it means so much!

And this is the same principle as Matchbox Penetration- I don't want that to be a secret or anything (actually, if you can scroll back a few messages you can see that I'm still trying to find the creator from fifty years ago, or whenever it was). The major difference/challenge was in making it this big! And and how to:

A) Be able to stand complete inspection.
B) Not have any noise.
C) Being structurally sound.

I'm proud to say that, after many attempts, we've succeeded 100%! The great thing about using steel, as well, is that it gets a worn look over time- which I really like.

And that's part of the reason this hasn't been released yet (btw, even though I'll be debuting this officially at Magic Live, I think I'll be doing a special Magic Café release in the next week or two as a way of saying "thanks!" to all of you for years of kindness and support) as I refuse to release this until I've performed this 100 times myself.

I'm currently at number 89! I can say that currently I'm shooting 100% success. No one, not a single person, has discovered how it works. Interestingly enough, a lot of people only give the steel block a brief inspection and spend way more time on the quarter or knife! Interesting. On one occassion, however, I perfomed it for probably the biggest person I've ever seen in my life and I left it on the table for a loooong time. I just wanted to see if he would come back to it. Well, not as a doubter, but just fooling around, he started trying to see if he could snap it in half, lol. Keep in mind that my prototype cost about 5 times as much as the production run. I almost had a heart attack, lol, but I just sat there eating my chicken caeser while trying to not look upset. Luckily he put it down after being unable to do it. Boo-yah!

~jamie

P.S. I'll start posting perfomance tips here on this thread, as well. After almost 100 performances, I've got a ton of input on how to make this work for you, no matter what type of performer you are!
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
844 Posts

Profile of roblane
That's good enough for me Jamie, I want one! (please)
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
tester2006
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of tester2006
Wow. If that was a no frills demo I don't think my brain could handle an enhanced one. That looks amazing and if there was a flash it flew by me completely. I'm eager to hear when this is available.
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Jamie. I will be getting this as soon as it's released! I am familiar with the workings of this type of effect and to be fair, the gimmick WAS flashed.....but I do not care!!! Please let us know ASAP when you will do the special release for Café users!!
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2011-06-23 19:36, Lou Cirulli wrote:
Jamie. I will be getting this as soon as it's released! I am familiar with the workings of this type of effect and to be fair, the gimmick WAS flashed.....but I do not care!!! Please let us know ASAP when you will do the special release for Café users!!

Pretty impressive that you flashed and I still don't have a clue ! It's also amazing that this can be examined at the end of the effect.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
The prop is quite a big chunk of metal by way of size and weight. I can very well imagine the efforts and experimentation gone into perfecting & taming this little giant.

Quote:
On 2011-06-23 15:12, Jamie D. Grant wrote:

The great thing about using steel, as well, is that it gets a worn look over time- which I really like.

I have a couple of questions please.

1. Why have you selected Steel instead of Brass or Copper?
Brass/ Copper will give a much better worn look IMO. Moreover they are much easy to machine.

2. Is the steel SS (rust proof) or the rusting kind?

Appreciate an answer. Thanks.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2413 Posts

Hiya Ustaad!

Thanks for the kind comments and questions!

1) Price. It would have been even more expensive to go with Brass or Copper. As for question number 2...

2) Association factor. I know this might be a stretch, lol, but I think a lot about my magic. Once I decided on Steel, I asked myself:

A) When's the last time I'd seen a "chunk of steel"?
B) If I hadn't seen a chunk of steel before, what would it look like?
C) Would it be polished or rough?
D) Would it be shiny or rusty?

Lol, I know I'm probably labeling myself as an eccentric but what can I do, lol. So, in the end, I thought, if someone showed me a chunk of steel, I would expect it to be old, rusty, and beat up. Like it came from a junkyard.

But don't worry- it won't come like that! If you want it to stay "new-looking" just use Steel Polish to clean it and don't leave it under water. And, if you're like me, just let it age naturally!

I hope that makes sense,

jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Perfect!

I'm hooked!! Smile

HOW - WHERE - WHEN can I send the payment?
(To be shipped in the US.)

Smile
P.S. IMO, for this item preorder will not be out of place.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
David Franklin
View Profile
New user
Jonesborough, TN
76 Posts

Profile of David Franklin
I would like to lodge a complaint!

This parrot, that I bought not 'alf an hour ago, from this very boutique....

Wait, no...

No! My complaint is that I can't buy this right now!

I want it Jamie! Put me on the list. And if there's not a list then make one and then put me on it.

Looks great!
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
No sketchy demo that doesn't really show anything?
No hype from Jamie's friends saying that this is already in their act?
Jamie answering questions honestly ?
having the product made in the U.S.?

:dancing:

Thank you Jamie!

Mike
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
What about the postal strike?
Hopefully it will be over by then.. Smile ..
What will shipping cost on a hunk of steel?.. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2413 Posts

Thanks gang!

With regards to pre-orders:

1) What happens if I take your money and something happens to me?
2) What if something happens to you (God forbid!)
3) What if, well, anything goes wrong, lol.

Nah, I think the best business practice is to only sell things you actually have. And, think about this...

Right now, I'm the only one in the world performing Industrial Revelation! In the world! Yeeeeah! And, I know it's my own product and everything, but I am killing with it. I mean, absolutely everyone is loving it.

That said, I'm working around the clock to get my 100 performances in (quality control) and to make sure I have everything in place for the product itself (my main man is almost finished drawing up the one sheet). I'll probably have a select few that I'll be sending out to a number of people who have personally e-mailed to request one for immediate performances and I think for the rest of the Café...

I'll open up sales for 1 week only, starting July.04 (in honour of all my pals in the USA). And, on that note, a bunch of my celebrity magic friends have been calling me horrific names because of the cost, lol, (they know how much it's costing me to produce) and are insisting I raise the price. I might end up doing that for Magic Live but I'll stand by my word here and sell it during the 1 week session for the above mentioned $80.

I hope that works for everyone...

Your pal,

jamie
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I'm getting one... -Pippin
123crampt
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of 123crampt
Hi Jamie,

I don't know the method, but have a fairly good idea with your earlier comment about the strong guy, I could be wrong! Is the gimmick robust though, will it last after continuous use? And is it an instant reset?

Magically,
Gibson
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
What did angry Bob have to say? :0)
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2011-06-26 10:28, ralphs007 wrote:
Hi
What did angry Bob have to say? :0)

I would love to know this as well.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2413 Posts

Ha, you'll have to wait for Magic Friday Smile

And, yes:

Instant Reset.
Should last you the rest of your life! (One of our neighbors still has their 1972 Trans Am in their yard, and it's not going anywhere, lol. As they say, Steel is real.)
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
2413 Posts

Hiya Gang!

Instructions were finished today!

So it looks like we're all set for a 1 week only release date for July.04~ only for members of The Magic Café. After that, it'll probably jump up in price for it's official release at Magic Live.

Excited,

~jamie

P.S. Some of you who PM'd me about purchasing this early should take a look at your inboxes for a certain surprise...
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Man am I excited about this!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Industrial Revelation" from Jamie D. Grant (81 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..29..52..75..98..121..125~126~127 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL