The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » The Evolution of Card Manipulation by Lee Ang Hsuan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Louis Lu
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Louis Lu
Just trying to fully understand the point that JNeal and Ray are getting at...

Given a performer, who is lacking in charisma and personality, but can flawlessly perform what other magicians consider the most difficult card productions, and is in fact, the only one in the world that can perform certain manipulations, and has created card productions that no one has ever seen.

Although the public/laymen have never heard of this performer, he is highly respected among the magic fraternity, making a name for himself for his creativity and contributions to the art. He can still thrive and in fact do well, since he is frequently invited to magic conventions to perform and lecture for other magicians, and asked to put out instructional DVDs.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-07-30 19:08, Louis Lu wrote:
Just trying to fully understand the point that JNeal and Ray are getting at...

Given a performer, who is lacking in charisma and personality, but can flawlessly perform what other magicians consider the most difficult card productions, and is in fact, the only one in the world that can perform certain manipulations, and has created card productions that no one has ever seen.

Although the public/laymen have never heard of this performer, he is highly respected among the magic fraternity, making a name for himself for his creativity and contributions to the art. He can still thrive and in fact do well, since he is frequently invited to magic conventions to perform and lecture for other magicians, and asked to put out instructional DVDs.

To put it simply and in simple terms, this type of performer/person will not be marketable in the consumer entertainment market, as all he has is some unique moves, which means little to a lay audience as they are entertained by the complete magic trick or act. Difficulty means nothing to lay audiences, unless it is challenge type of effect. In this instance, the lay audience knows nothing of how difficult the moves are and don't care.

Thus, the person will get work, although very low fees, from the magic community, and will profit from sales from others looking for new and unique moves and flourishes.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Correctly stated, William!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Anyone get this DVD yet? Would be interested in their thoughts on the material and if the material is can be performed with 'average' practice or it something that would take seveal months or more to master?
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
Quote:
On 2011-11-29 07:30, wmhegbli wrote:
Anyone get this DVD yet? Would be interested in their thoughts on the material and if the material is can be performed with 'average' practice or it something that would take seveal months or more to master?

Many of these moves aren't suitable for beginners. The quad production is probably the hardest and the most angle-sensitive move in the whole DVD.
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
I got this a short time ago, and its actually really good. The crediting while not perfect, is still very good. He actually puts up credits for each move as he goes before he teaches it. He'll say this was invented by so-and-so, and I first saw it used by so-and-so at such-and-such competition. He makes a real effort credit-wise. As for the actual content, his teaching is very good, and the moves vary from very useful moves and ideas, to move-monkey moves. Something for everybody. He also has a great idea of having a mirror behind his hand during the teach, so you actually see what it looks like on both sides at the same time!

-Leo
JamesRaymond
View Profile
New user
Elkhart, IN (USA)
49 Posts

Profile of JamesRaymond
Quote:
On 2011-11-29 07:30, wmhegbli wrote:

Bill, I am waiting on mine to get here at this time. I will post what I think as soon as I can. Looking forward to this one.
Are you watching closely?
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
He credits creators, but I would like to find his contact info and ask if the creators published their moves somewhere. If not, I would like to know if they gave him permission to publish it. One can credit someone for an original move but unless the creator published it or gave permission, it is still the creator's intellectual property.
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Here it is Peter,
laserlee0721@gmail.com
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
Thanks. Shooting him an email now.
JamesRaymond
View Profile
New user
Elkhart, IN (USA)
49 Posts

Profile of JamesRaymond
I finally got my copy of this. I must say it was worth the wait...even though I couldn't wait much longer. I just love the "Twirling Card Production", this one looks as though it could be done with regular practice. I will be starting as soon as I'm done here...lol

Some cool insight on some things I had over looked (who am I kidding...never thought of). No spoken words to teach but was easy enough to follow with out. I would recommend this to not only beginners but those that have done card manipulation before. I have The Jeff Sheridan Course in Card Manipulation and I loved the info from that but this DVD also has it's place near the top of my list.
Are you watching closely?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » The Evolution of Card Manipulation by Lee Ang Hsuan (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL