The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2011 entrée: Luis De Matos » » Daortiz dvds? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
AdrienLochon
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of AdrienLochon
Hi Luís,

I've been living in Portugal for 20 years now and I always followed and admired your work and wanted to thank you for all the magic you shared with the world (and especially Portugal).

Lennart Green is one of my favorite magicians and I bought Masterfile as soon as I saw it. Once again: great job, Luís!

Dani is amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on UTOPIA!

But I must make a (small) remark on Masterfile, hoping it won't happen on Utopia: I speak english well enough to understand Lennart, so I didn't need subtitles. But when I tried to show your interview with Lennart to some portuguese friends, I noticed that, although it was well translated, the subtitles were not very well synchronized and it made the whole thing very distracting. Same thing happened with french subtitles.

Since every other aspect of the DVDs are near perfect, I thought I had to let you know this and really hope this will be a little better on Utopia.

Thank you,

Adrien.
Luis de Matos
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portugal
76 Posts

Profile of Luis de Matos
Dear Adrian,

Thank you so much for your words.

We all at Estúdio33 get very pleased when we ear comments like yours. We try to do our best and feedback it’s always very appreciated.

The moment I read what you wrote about subtitles synch I inmediactly asked 4 of us to go thru the entire DVDs to better understand what you were saying.

We couldn’t find anything out of synch in any of the languages.

But yes, you may find some discrepancy between the way Lennart conveys theis answers and the actual subtitles. It was deliberately done and I tell you why…

As you know, English is not Lennart’s primary language. Sometimes is uses grammar in a very… let’s say… original way J

When it comes to translate to 5 more languages we can not literally use his exact sentences. So you’ll notice the substitles are always a “correct” version of how you should say it in “proper” English.

Thanks a lot for you comments!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2011 entrée: Luis De Matos » » Daortiz dvds? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL