The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2011 entrée: Luis De Matos » » News from EMC2011... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Luis de Matos
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portugal
75 Posts

Profile of Luis de Matos
My friends, first of all I’d like to say that I never took part in any magic forums before. Thanks to Steve Brooks here I am experiencing this fantastic way of communicating. I’m enjoying it very much!

Whenever I log in I am amazed at the number of people that are active here. I wish all of you would be subscribers of the EMC newsletter. But no, I will not ask that from you.

So for my first thread ever created in a magic forum I'll post here the urls of the latest newsletters we’ve sent out. Basically, EMC Speakers have been writing personal messages about EMC. Different views, different approaches. I hope you like them!
Luis de Matos
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portugal
75 Posts

Profile of Luis de Matos
A MESSAGE FROM ERIC MEAD

To subscribers of EMC and the curious:

Eric Mead here, and I'm happy to report that I've been invited back to speak again at EMC 2011.

You might think that I agreed to come back again because it's fun. You would be partially correct, as the first EMC was a delightful three days. Not only the "on camera" talks and real time interaction with attendees through the internet, but we laughed told stories and shared magic during the downtime between sessions--and it was really a great time I'm thrilled to repeat.

But the real reason I'm returning is that I feel something important is going on here. Luis and his team are pioneering something new for magic. A truly world wide magic convention and conversation that is delivered to you through technology, instead of you having to come to it. It's an idea being explored in many fields, from business and science, to social interests and family gatherings, and everything in between. In times past magic was often on the forefront of cutting edge technology, but has fallen behind in most of the important areas. So I believe what Luis and his team are doing is important, and I'm thrilled to be a part of it at the beginning--when no one, including the EMC creators and staff, can yet see what it will evolve into.

The other thing that pushed me to return was the great variety of speakers and topics in 2010, and how magic was treated seriously as an academic, artistic, and creative art. There were heady talks about magic theory, talks that explored method and secrets, talks about the business and commercial side of magic, and even presentations aimed at pure fun and entertainment. I loved the swirling pool of ideas we swam in, and the palpable conviction that magic is not trivial, but something to be respected, and shared with a sense of import and importance.

My suspicion is that 20 years from now this kind of exchange will be commonplace. For now though, as it is in its infancy, I'm proud to be a part of EMC. I hope you'll join us on this journey, and participate fully with us as we explore the art of magic together in this new and exciting way.

Eric Mead

See complete newsletter at
http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=314b......09458c94
Luis de Matos
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portugal
75 Posts

Profile of Luis de Matos
A MESSAGE FROM PAUL DANIELS

Hello hello hello and welcome welcome welcome to the EMC.

Isn't the concept of this live and online conference/convention of magic guys simply AMAZING and such a WONDERFUL idea?

I am very proud to have been asked to take part in EMC and even though I have had to change some booking dates I am sure it will be well worth the effort. I have told as many magicians as I could reach that they MUST take part in EMC if they love magic and they want to improve their performances.

If you are reading this then you are already a part of it and now ALL of us can start the learning process. Exciting, isn't it?

Paul Daniels

Luis de Matos
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portugal
75 Posts

Profile of Luis de Matos
A MESSAGE FROM JORDAN GOMEZ

Hello everybody,

I've registered last year,
I saw a amazing event, I really enjoyed to be part as a member in front of my computer, the performances, the chat, the questions... Thank you Louis de Matos to bring this to the magic community.

This year I'm very happy to be a speaker. Let me show you my first lecture, I have so many ideas to share with you. Not only about my CDs & Balls manipulation act but also the process of creation that use and much more...

Trust me, you have to book the three days for this event. Don't miss the HD magic coming in your home this year. Invite your friends, book your pizzas and enjoy !

Jordan Gomez

http://us1.campaign-archive1.com?u=314b1a1d90a2e1f90871fa6ff&id=ab666c4963&e=
Luis de Matos
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portugal
75 Posts

Profile of Luis de Matos
A MESSAGE FROM RICHARD WISEMAN

Hi there,

I had a great time at EMC 2010 and am delighted to be invited back again this year. Last time I spoke about the psychology of magic, focusing on how it is that the human mind has put a man on the moon and conquered major diseases, yet still gets fooled by the likes of dippy duck. Along the way I examined how optical illusions worked, how people look but don't see, and how key aspects of magic tricks vanish from memory.

There was a great atmosphere at Studio 33, and I don't think that I will ever forget the moment when ace pickpocket Apollo Robbins deftly removed my trousers.

It has been a busy year for me. I have written a new book on the psychology of the paranormal, spent far too much time on Twitter, and made online videos involving vanishing skulls and penetrating balls.

This year at the EMC I will try my best to cover all sorts of topics, including my search for the world's first ever film of a magician, the relationship between magic and sex, and irrefutable evidence that ghosts exist. Oh, and I also need to get my trousers back.

Richard Wiseman

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=314b......62ff61d5
Luis de Matos
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portugal
75 Posts

Profile of Luis de Matos
A MESSAGE FROM DAVID BERGLAS

Throughout my very active and long life, over 60 years in magic, I have always had a dream that one day there would be a possibility to have an international convention, bringing every magical enthusiast together in one location.

This dream came true last year with the first Essential Magic Conference. It took just one man with the vision, the inspiration and the energy to make this happen.

Luis de Matos, together with his wonderful team, the facilities of his technically advanced television studios, needed just two more ingredients: The knowledgeable and inventive David Britland and the computer genius Marco Tempest.

I felt very privileged and honoured to be asked to introduce this new concept last year, via a Skype link. This year I have been invited to attend and I very much look forward to learning, sharing and collaborating with my fellow delegates.

Everyone who is passionate about our unique art form must take this opportunity to be part of this world-wide magic think tank!

You will be amazed, amused, inspired and highly entertained. Tell all your magical friends - they will thank you.

David Berglas

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=314b......09458c94
Luis de Matos
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portugal
75 Posts

Profile of Luis de Matos
A MESSAGE FROM BRUNO COPIN

I am very proud to take part in these new EMC sessions. It is a great pleasure for me to share with you all my personal work in the art of magic.

My real dream would be to create a world community of "thread users.”

I will be online for this marvelous rendezvous on the internet. It will give you the opportunity to ask all the questions running in your head about using thread in magic.

Welcome to you all for 3 exceptional days of peace, sharing and magic.

Bruno Copin

Luis de Matos
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portugal
75 Posts

Profile of Luis de Matos
A MESSAGE FROM MIKE CAVENEY

Since my appearance on the first EMC in 2010 my travels have taken me to many parts of the world and it has been most gratifying to hear magicians talk about their own experience watching that first internet convention. Only then did I fully realize that all 33 of us in Portugal really did visit homes and magic clubs in every corner of the world. Magicians told of emailing in questions about something they had seen during a session and moments later having the answer to their question broadcast live to the rest of the world. They said it really did make them feel as if they were in the studio with us participating in the lectures and demonstrations. I will carry all of those good feelings with me this year when I return to Portugal for EMC2011.

Once again the line up of artists is so fantastic that we all anxiously sign on just for the opportunity to spend three intense days working and socializing with good friends and others whom we know only by reputation. I will happily travel 12,000 miles to attend EMC2011 but you can do so without ever leaving your house. All 33 of us will be coming your way soon and we hope you will send us your questions, comments and opinions on how we did.

Mike Caveney

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com?u=314b1a1d90a2e1f90871fa6ff&id=4f30c1a566&e=
Luis de Matos
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portugal
75 Posts

Profile of Luis de Matos
A MESSAGE FROM LU CHEN

Hello, all my magic friends,

I am supposed to tell you how cool EMC is and how it has changed the history of the magic world, but when I gave it some consideration I found it unnecessary. The other speakers have already told you. I believe you got the message.

I am supposed to tell you how experienced, how great, these 33 speakers are. I am supposed to tell you about the wonderful ideas they will share. But when I gave this some consideration I found this too unnecessary because you can check all those details for yourself on the website of the EMC. I believe you got the message.

Finally, I am supposed to tell you what a good person Luis de Matos is, what a great friend, how hard he works for EMC and what a pleasure it was to be invited by him to join the conference. And how much he does to make everyone happy. But I believe that all the other speakers have told you this already.

I want to say something different to the others…
Let me see.... Em.... Ah.... I think....

Ok, you already know EMC is fantastic. What are you waiting for? Join us now and tell all your friends immediately. Let’s enjoy this magical journey together!

Lu Chen

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com?u=314b1a1d90a2e1f90871fa6ff&id=61383ca7a1&e=
Luis de Matos
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portugal
75 Posts

Profile of Luis de Matos
A MESSAGE FROM MAX MAVEN

If I had to use one word to sum up last year’s EMC, it would be exhilarating. Being a part of that event was truly something special. For those of us who were there in Portugal, it was a great time, both socially and academically. Spending several days with friends, old and new, was great fun. And of course, the many varied presentations, talks, lectures, performances and panel discussions were really informative and, frequently, highly inspirational.

Over the past year, from the many conversations I’ve had with people who participated in EMC via the Internet, both watching the live streaming video and interacting through simultaneous on-line chatting, it’s clear that the exhilaration was not limited to those who were physically present in the studio. The primary goal of EMC was to create an involving and stimulating experience for everyone. And it was!

Of course, the whole thing was recorded in HD, and those who caught up with it later on via its release on multiple DVDs were also enthusiastic. But, for those who were able to join in on-line, in real time, EMC was even more compelling.

And now, we get to do it again. I’m pleased to be one of the returning in-studio participants. Again, it will be a diverse line-up, bringing together magicians from different parts of the world, different cultural backgrounds, different generations, different styles and approaches—but all connected by an abiding love of the Mystery Arts, and a desire to share and support by celebrating our past and nurturing our future.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Max Maven

Luis de Matos
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portugal
75 Posts

Profile of Luis de Matos
A MESSAGE FROM STAN ALLEN

Traveling halfway around the world last summer to take part in an Internet convention seemed a bit silly, but I couldn’t resist. You see, I’m always looking to get behind projects that I feel will advance the art of magic. And there’s no question about it, the Essential Magic Conference in 2010 advanced the art of magic. And I’m not the only one who feels that way. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of people who sent me emails or mentioned EMC in person for months later. The message was always the same: how impressed they were with the entire event and how much they learned from it! If you missed it in 2010, I challenge you to sit down with the DVDs and not be amazed over the amount of incredible information that is crammed onto those eight discs, not to mention the professional way it’s all presented. Now, Luis, Marco, and David are doing it again. And once again, I can’t resist being part of it. See you online!

Stan Allen

Luis de Matos
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portugal
75 Posts

Profile of Luis de Matos
A MESSAGE FROM CHRIS POWER

I am very happy to be invited to take part in this year's EMC. Luis De Matos has created a ground-breaking venture, one that reaches beyond the confines of an 'ordinary' magic event to reach an audience on a truly global scale. To be included in such an august line up of world-class stars is an honour. I very much hope you will join us for what I know will be an amazing three days. Three days that will explore so many facets of our extraordinary craft. This is going to be such fun!

Chris Power

A MESSAGE FROM JJ

Last year I watched the fantastic, ground-breaking EMC conference like a (mature) street urchin pressing his nose up to a restaurant window and enjoying the visual feast laid out on the table before him. Now I am pinching myself daily, hardly believing that, very shortly, I will sitting at that same table along side all the huge stars of magic that Luis has assembled for this year's feast. I can hardly wait to tell the EMC members about the Opus story to date... what tales we have to tell...

JJ

Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
458 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
Hi Luis,

I sent you a PM
The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
Luis de Matos
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portugal
75 Posts

Profile of Luis de Matos
More exciting news from EMC2011...

Luis de Matos
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portugal
75 Posts

Profile of Luis de Matos
David Britland talks about CHAN CANASTA at EMC2011...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2011 entrée: Luis De Matos » » News from EMC2011... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.281578 seconds, requiring 40 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [6] [7] [5] [9] [7] [9] [4]